SITE REVIEW: Encore Entertainment & Productions

• Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Michigan & Mackinac

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I have recently launched the site http://www.encorepartydjs.com/

Encore Entertainment offers disc jockey services for weddings, corporate functions, and city wide events to Michigan residents. I have competition with the introduction of my site, and have tried seo tactics.

This site has underwent some updates recently, but I am in the process of making more. I have noticed that my homepage PR has changed significantly and has lost me some ranking with keywords. My old keywords in serps would pop up the link:

http://www.encorepartydjs.com/

New keywords in serps pop up the link

http://www.encorepartydjs.com/index

I request users to review the site and offer me constructive feedback that will help me in the look, feel, and PR problem I have encountered.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have an unique request as of Sept 07, it is posted to the last message in this thread
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• seekingarrangement
  • Born
  • Born
  • seekingarrangement

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nicely designed! bravo
  • arlinder
  • arlinder

Post 3+ Months Ago

This site makes me want to throw a party. And, if I want a DJ at my party it makes it easy to contact you. I would consider offering in return for referrals that result in a gig--nothing elaborate, perhaps a free CD.
Good work!
  • Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are there any other suggestions for changing my site, I will put a better referal system up soon.

I have an unique request as of Sept 07, it is posted to the last message in this thread
  • absolutes
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had a little trouble navigating your site. Maybe a nice little menu off to the side?

what does this mean:
We are thee Michigan party DJs most commonly referred.
?

I think, and it may be just me, that a big, visible, simple statement of exactly what you are about is important. I have no patience, when I'm shopping for something, for sites that make me read small text just to get the idea of what they're selling.

it is a snazzy site!
  • royce
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Floriduh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not bad.. very party like. I was a little confused when I 1st opend the site..I thought your company name was Elegant Michagan Wedding DJ. I had trouble using the events tab at the bottom of the page, but the other links worked well.

I assume you are going for a basic look and feel and not a formal, professional looking, almost portfolio type site.

Think about using brighter colors to make it easier on the eyes. The small box which requires the user to scroll also seems more trouble than necessary.

The site should be effective in getting customers and thats what matters.
  • Lock(/\)oot

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it , the site suits its purpose. Altough the stars are a bit over the top( my opinion :wink: )

The only suggestion i can give you is that you should get rid of the scrolling text , i hate scrolling :evil:
  • Aegil
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Aegil

Post 3+ Months Ago

The scroll box seems a little unnecessary and I think it would be better to expand it so that its more spread out, also it would make it more printer friendly.

, and I think it would be better to have the links somewhere a bit more noticeable than in the text, because when clicked unless you know there are links at the bottom (On my computer the page loaded with them off screen and with the scrollbox you assume all the data is in there)

Also, your Welcome message and Wedding Demo link was a mp3 which another user might not expect( I only knew it was by the address tab at bottom on browser status bar). Some icon to show that its audio might be better so the user knows that its an audio file as for some users on a lower connection might have to wait a while for it to load.

The site is graphically pleasing, and having different party pictures on each page helps build the idea, that the company is good at what it does and each of those are a successful customer.

Hope that helps
  • Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks, I will be making some slight revisions to the sight. I am upset with the visibility of the demo at the bottom and the 2 bottom graphics also. Would having the menu at the top be better than having it at the bottom?

• Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice site indeed. One thing I noticed, which was easily figured out after a moment, was that at first I thought your site lacked a navigation menu.

I think it's more common to have navigation near the top of the page, and the contact (phone number) at the bottom.

I'm just letting you know that it was a little confusing at first, and might be something to think about. Other than that, it's a nice website that looks like it's a lot of fun, and therefore does its job. Good work.
  • markdogg18769
  • Born
  • Born
  • markdogg18769

Post 3+ Months Ago

looks good...
  • nickthrolson
  • nickthrolson
  • Loc: California

Post 3+ Months Ago

i would recomend a better layout
  • terryjohn.smith
  • Born
  • Born
  • terryjohn.smith

Post 3+ Months Ago

site is well but i don't like the double scrolling websites.
  • brianoznola
  • Born
  • Born
  • brianoznola
  • Loc: Charleston, SC

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the site is great. I wish I was more knowledgable for my own site.

Brian Alonzo

http://www.alonzoweddingproductions.com
  • Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just updated my site following your suggestions. Please look over it and let me know what you think of it.

I request users to review the site and offer me constructive feedback that will help me in the look, feel, and PR problem I have encountered.

http://www.encorepartydjs.com

• cwimedical6318440055
  • Born
  • Born
  • cwimedical6318440055

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like how the site is very uniform on each page.
  • Cold Canuck
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Michigan, U.S. of eh

Post 3+ Months Ago

nickthrolson wrote:
i would recomend a better layout
Well, now...thats a real concise review :lol:
  • Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, his advice was EXTREMELY helpful, and because of his reply I did a complete site redesign! I took EVERY valid point he brought up and directed it to the attention of my webmaster....

Seriously though, this is my final draft after 6 months of updating anyone notice anything wrong with the code or minor glitches, maybe something I could seo a little more.

Look forward to the replies.

• johnmeloche
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the website looks fantastic!

One suggestions...
Under "Events" I suggest that you make the actual "Events" link clickable to a general page. It is because some browsers may not accept the javascript drop down and they may not be able to visit any of the links below it.

Also.. an actual page for testimonials instead of a .gif image.
I am not normally a fan of intenal scroll pages. but you did a good job with it. keep up the good work.
  • Cold Canuck
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Michigan, U.S. of eh

Post 3+ Months Ago

You should make a habit out of checking your code at The World Wide Web Consortium's web site:
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.encorepartydjs.com%2F
Checking just your index page shows that you failed to include a doc type and have approximately 28 code errors...something worth looking into.

Good luck :)
  • Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have noticed that goolge was only showing my main page for my keyword searches. Do you think it is because of the java?

I just came up with the image branding, seo, layout, and text of the website. I did not actually write the code. My webmaster did that for me.

I did not know that I had 28 errors!@?

Is this hurting me with the serps?

Can you tell me what errors there are, how do I fix them, are there any that I should ignore?

Is google not showing me for the other pages because of the java?

Thanks!

• Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have noticed that goolge was only showing my main page for my keyword searches. Do you think it is because of the java?

I just came up with the image branding, seo, layout, and text of the website. I did not actually write the code. My webmaster did that for me.

I did not know that I had 28 errors!@?

Is this hurting me with the serps?

Can you tell me what errors there are, how do I fix them, are there any that I should ignore?

Is google not showing me for the other pages because of the java

:Bump: :-/

• Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

It's been a year since I have requested my site review for my website http://www.encorepartydjs.com. Well now it has excellent placement and a more defined image. I am looking for a site redesign or modifications, so that it can be more user friendly and appealing. I would like the structure to maybe be more intuitive and simple. I might consider some flash now since I am well indexed. Constructive replies appreciated!!!!!!

Here is some sample sites from other companies:
http://www.bbedj.com/
http://www.funfactorydj.com/
http://www.galactic.ca/index.php
http://www.k2proevents.com/
http://www.litedallas.com/custom/index.php#

I am looking for feedback. I need to convert more prospects that are browsing my site into actual booked clients. Tell me how you feel about the site layout, and any recommendations. I undestand you may not know all the specifics of my industry, so look at it from a consumer point of view.
  • Boke
  • Student
  • Student
  • Boke
  • Loc: Hiroshima, Japan

Post 3+ Months Ago

I liked it, the only thing I could think of is your company logo at the top of the page, it took me a while to realize that was the company name and not just some text
  • Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am in the process of changing the company into an umbrella corporation with several companies under Encore Entertainment & Productions. The new name will be EncorePartyDJs.com, and I will have a new logo. Thanks Boke! Anything I have overlooked?
  • Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just made more changes...
  • provenseoservices
  • provenseoservices

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site. Good job designing it. The black background with the gold line and stars is elegant and classy. Have you considered losing the frame and using the black background with light gold or light silver divided sections?

The pictures are a great idea..the DJ's in action would be great in the center slot.

From an SEO standpoint I see a lot of missed opportunity spanning from architecture, to content and coding.
I would definitely change the name of your first image from encore_entertainment_title.gif to a name that contains your most important keywords (i.e. DJ, Michigan, etc.) In fact, all of your image names could benefit from that. Consider going over your content. The most difficult thing to do is proof your own work so it's always a good idea to have fresh eyes go over it...on first read there were a few grammatical errors (verbs that were not plural, sentences not in agreement...) Here's a suggestion for changing the first paragraph. If you want to talk more let me know....info@provenseoservices.com.

Encore Entertainment & Productions is the premiere DJ and party entertainment company in Michigan. Welcome! Mobile Disc Jockey Services are available for weddings, parties, and events throughout the Metro Detroit area, Ann Arbor, and East Lansing, Michigan.

Expect more with Encore...professionalism, dependability, expertise, and ensuring your event is one to remember. Our professional DJs provide entertainment solutions for elegant or informal weddings, receptions, dances, anniversaries, reunions, parties, or any other event you are planning. The motto of Encore Entertainment & Productions' DJs is Elegance, Energy, and Excellence! Our Michigan wedding DJs have one goal in mind--to make you happy.

We provide DJs for VIPs - Very Important Parties.

If you want to talk more let me know....info@provenseoservices.com.

Thank you and great job!

Christina
ProvenSEOServices.com

Cerebro wrote:
Hi,

I have recently launched the site http://www.encorepartydjs.com/

Encore Entertainment offers disc jockey services for weddings, corporate functions, and city wide events to Michigan residents. I have competition with the introduction of my site, and have tried seo tactics.

This site has underwent some updates recently, but I am in the process of making more. I have noticed that my homepage PR has changed significantly and has lost me some ranking with keywords. My old keywords in serps would pop up the link:

http://www.encorepartydjs.com/

New keywords in serps pop up the link

http://www.encorepartydjs.com/index

• Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just changed my text on the homepage and removed more links that might take away from my PR. Also new image linking structure is integrated into most of the pages...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 28 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers