SITE REVIEW: enudiv.com...my online portfolio

• enudiv
  • enudiv
  • Loc: san diego, california

Post 3+ Months Ago

keeping this one simple, clean and crisp ... nothing too fancy but not too plain or dull looking ... simply getting to the point and giving people what i want them to see ... please comment/critique as it always helps ... thanks in advance
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Overall I like your layout, colors, & logo. Clean & Professional apearance.

I don't understand the "navigation ....." link under the left side of your logo, to me it seems to serve no purpose.

I noticed you list Flash in your info section, Why show some of it off in your logo & navigation ?

You have common grammer misuse here & there (first letter of sentance not capped, First letter of a proper noun not capped, ect...)

All parts of the site load extremely fast on a 56k connection.

I noticed no differences between IE6, NS7, & FFox08 (be warned I tend to miss thoose once in awhile :wink: )

I give an 8/10 (Grammer killed a 10/10 :wink: )
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I know it might be a little difficult, but do you think you could try to squeeze in one or ten more redundant tables? Looky at this page here. Now the red borders indicate table cells. Look carefully and tell me how many of those do you <b>really</b> need, and how many are just a waste of space?

My second complaint (suprise suprise) is the ever-popular disabling of text zoom. Especially when you have used a small(ish) font size. It's readable, but there is very little tolerance for people with poor eyesight. In addition you CANNOT control it completely, moz and opera users can just override it at the spin of a mouse wheel. Only a fool would try and control something that they know they cannot ;) You are better to create a layout that works with text zoom and <b>doesn't break</b>. It's really not as hard as people would have you believe.

You have a couple of browser issues, primarily with the styling of your contact form. In Firefox it looks a little wonky and the yellow required fields stay plain white.

The site does look very clean and nice, it's quite standard-looking, but has a lovelly polished look that makes it stand out from the croud. Easy on the eyes and generally pleasant to look at. I definately like the aesthetic but you could do yourself a lot of SEO, filesize and accessibility favours if you ditched the nested tables and added some semantic markup (paragraph tags for paragraphs, header tags for headers, you get the idea).
  • jlknauff
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

While I liked the look of your sites, they all looked very similar to each other. I would suggest adding some more styles so that your prospective clients see that you have a broad range of talents. All in all, good job.
  • DRicher
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • DRicher

Post 3+ Months Ago

One of my biggest pet peeves of website design is cluttered pages. You have avoided that in spades. I love the header and the colour scheme.

I would have to agree with rtm223, grammar is very important. While it might be fine for MSN or AIM to use lower case i etc. on websites you definately have to use proper grammar. Doesn't look professional enough IMHO.
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
While I liked the look of your sites, they all looked very similar to each other. I would suggest adding some more styles so that your prospective clients see that you have a broad range of talents. All in all, good job.

Definitely. That would be the best piece of advice for you I think as thats the first thing I said to myself after looking through your portfolio.

A good point about using all of those un-necessary tables, rtm223, most clients won't bother to browse or sniff through your code, but for those that do (not to mention potential employers) they will most likely take exception to that.

In terms of the look and feel, I think you did a great job. I love the color scheme with that color green being subtly hinted around by the links and of course, the header.
  • enudiv
  • enudiv
  • Loc: san diego, california

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for all the comments/critiques guys.....really the whole grammar/font issue was to show a certain style.....to stand out from the crowd..notice how it got your attention.......pretty much what i was looking for..now i know it's not very professional looking but thats what a portfolio is for.......of course im not going to use this style for every website i create so dont expect that...basically it was to show something different but still serve its purpose..i dont think it'll make a person want to close their browser within seconds though..........

while im still learning alot, i intend to create different styles in design...i'll have all the nested tables cleaned up soon as i through together the website late one night and just havent got the opportunity to do it <--- lazy........besides that all your info is much appreciated..keep the comments/critiques coming
  • DRicher
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • DRicher

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm. The grammar issue did get my attention but I think in a negative way. When I first opened the site I thought it was a personal website made by a younger person who had a lot of time on his/her hands--not a designers website.

Websites, in general, have taken on a growing trend of NOT specifying what exactly they are or what the company does. Your front page just has news and nothing about what it is you do.

I may not even look any further than the front page as a potential client because maybe I'll think your portfolio is just personal art or something.

I understand going for a style and that's cool. I would just be more explicit in giving the user an idea of why they are there.

Dave

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers