SITE REVIEW: Epsilon Design

• darkcleric
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • darkcleric

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

The content on this site is not finished yet, so please just review the design. And I know that there are a lot of companies that are into website design and I probably don't stand a chance, but this is my experiment in entrepreneurship.

Thanks

URL: http://www.epsilonco.net
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• jordan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • jordan
  • Loc: uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you start by not thinking that you have a chance then there isn't much to say...

an entrepreneur always believes that they can make best out of anything.

Asside: site looks ok. A little plain. Needs gradients and more images perhaps. The top of the site is very spacious. It should attempt to display your abilities, at the moment the site could be selling bubble bath too. It doesn't spell out that you are offering design services. The latest screen shot is a good idea used a lot. Keep it updated with new material (obviously not your own site) - no one likes to think that a web designers only project is his own
  • darkcleric
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • darkcleric

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, as soon as I finish some of my portfolio sites, they will be up there instead of the picture of my site. And an entrepreneur is willing to endure the hardships of starting a company, that doesn't mean I can't be realistic. Thanks for the input, though.
  • gardenstew
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Malmö, Sweden

Post 3+ Months Ago

- Make the logo link back to the homepage
- Replicate the main menu at the footer of each page as normal text links
- I think the site needs a third colour i.e. to go along with the blue and white. It just look like it needs it.

I know you are not finished with the content yet but make sure to add descriptive keyword-rich titles to each page and also add a site map.

Overall though it is quite easy to navigate and you get your message across with minimum fuss.Well done.
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

The header is pretty plain and could use some detail added in.

You could switch your rollover buttons to pure CSS and no images at all. That would save a lot of pplz bandwidth.

Too much text and not enough images and headers (as in bigger more prominent text to help direct my eyes).

Images for website design and hosting could be improved (on the rates page).
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r
  • Loc: Guyana

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think it's ok...quite simple. Looks professional. Ver clean look. Easy Navigation but I don't agree so much with rate...should be something that would make the viewer just wanna click and know exactly what they clicking on.
  • davidaus
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • davidaus
  • Loc: Indo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your design is good. If I could give some comment, I would say that you should give some free templates and design tips. This way, your visitors will value your site more.
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes plain but id otn mind a plain site depending one what it is for, but the heading is a little too plain buttons are find and the layout is good but yeh pretty good

sycofi5h
  • liltman
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • liltman
  • Loc: England, Hartlepool, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice site, i really like the layout, and even though it looks plain it goes well and i like it a lot, the main part i like is the buttons, they look good and hover good
  • Pixelghetto
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Liverpool, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site design is good. Nice clean, and simple. My only irk is using arial as your web font. I'd stick to verdana, makes things look that much nicer imo. :)
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the design and layout. Very clear and neat!

well done!
  • Mas Sehguh
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Aesthetically, the design is superb. You've left no room for improvement in that department.

Usability-wise, the design is superb. Users will feel comfortable with this site. Cast off your pessimism!

However, there are major problems with accessibility. Look at the site with images turned off. You need alt attributes for your navigation.

In IE, I can't resize the fonts; you've set them to a pixel or pt height. It is tremendously important to use font sizes relative to the user's default. (Paragraphical text should be identical to the user's default size, because the user has defaults set for a reason.)

I'll give this a 3/10. 10/10 for the aesthetics, 10/10 for usability, 0/10 for accessibility.

Quote:
At Epsilon Design, we have personnel who specialize in Flash animation. Flash can enhance your site and draw more customers to your business.

Flash animation enhances nothing. GIF animation never did either. Using Flash for multi-step user interfaces instead of multiple-page forms and server requests, on the other hand, can improve a customer's business dramatically.
  • ausmeister
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • ausmeister

Post 3+ Months Ago

Site doesn't validate for HTML/XHTML, nor CSS, and if your pushing the accessibility thing, it might make sense to make it 508 & AAA compliant (if you make it the latter, the former should follow automatically). Otherwise nice design, and clean layout!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers