SITE REVIEW: eraskateco back online

• liltman
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • liltman
  • Loc: England, Hartlepool, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi all, eraskateco is back after the server going down i lost all my files,

its back agen and even bigger this time, i also need to update it agen soon cuz i got some more skate footage, please review the site

http://www.eraskateco.tk

or

http://www.eraskateco.vze.com

thanx all
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Kitu
  • Kitu
  • Loc: Estonia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don’t actually like the pages, what most consist of images, but I don’t think, that much people share my opinion. Anyway, the left side of the page is to empty and right side to tightened up. I understand, that in general is was ment that way, and it would look pretty good as an abstract peace of art or at some case maybe even a wallpaper, but not a website layout. Also the colour of links could be a lit brighter or have a hover effect.
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

OMG your background is waaaaaaaaay too busy!!

Your navbar items aren't seperated clearly, at first glance, I thought it was a sentence!

Nice skate pics btw :P

Why does the "desktop pictures" link work but it says "coming soon" next to it?

Under about us, mission statement should be at the top rather than almost end of content

I don't know why you're using frames
  • liltman
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • liltman

Post 3+ Months Ago

613flavah wrote:
OMG your background is waaaaaaaaay too busy!!

Your navbar items aren't seperated clearly, at first glance, I thought it was a sentence!

Nice skate pics btw :P

Why does the "desktop pictures" link work but it says "coming soon" next to it?

Under about us, mission statement should be at the top rather than almost end of content

I don't know why you're using frames

Frames? what the hell lol, im not using frames :S:S, what you mean by that i have no idea, because im not using frames lol,

as for the links i am planning on gettin hover effects in time, just been to busy to get that bit done yet, and the skate pictures are ok, i got some more now, and some more video clips which will be updated to the site whenever i have time

also the backgrounds page i may have uploaded the file by mistake but it's not meant to be there yet, ah i just looked, its got the wrong picture in there, it not meant to be done yet, sorry about that
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

What would you call this then??

Code: [ Select ]
<frameset rows="*,1" framespacing="0" border="0" frameborder="NO">

<frame src="http://www.liltman.250a.com/eraskateco/" name="dot_tk_frame_content" scrolling="auto" noresize>
 </frameset>
  1. <frameset rows="*,1" framespacing="0" border="0" frameborder="NO">
  2.   <frame src="http://www.liltman.250a.com/eraskateco/" name="dot_tk_frame_content" scrolling="auto" noresize>
  3.  </frameset>

For your noframes option put something inbetween the body tags.

i.e.
Code: [ Select ]
<body>Your browser does not handle frames!</body>

or something like that
  • skyweb
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • skyweb

Post 3+ Months Ago

Actually .tk forces your site into a framed page, this is commen place amongst free redirection sites as it allows them to place pop up adds or adverts which display there own site and they get the promo.

If you really wish to include a message for non-frame users then you can I BELIEVE use <noframes>You need frames to view this page</noframes> or something along those lines within your body tag. As for the frames item you referred to, many people do not realise that their site is being forced into frames by free redirection sites and therefor are not aware they need messages for users without frames.

IMHO frames went out along time ago along with pages filled with animated gifs, midi background music, flaming text (size 9999999) and other poor quality items just like them 8) .
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Umm...wasn't this site reviewed a while ago? Looks the same to me...
Basically, ya, the background is VERY distracting. I like how you minimized the red this time around, the body is now easy on the eyes :)
  • liltman
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • liltman

Post 3+ Months Ago

yer the site is almost the same as last time, sept it should load faster and has more content this time and tell's you who we are this time, i basically corrected most of what was told last time, as for the background been busy i don't know how to stop that because the background wants to look simular to this...

the frames i had seen before in .tk but i didnt realise this time round, does it actual show in a frame my site because i have never seen it?

also does this one do it..

[url]http://www.eraskateco.vze.com ?

I didnt intend on there been any frames on the site as I can't stand frames so if there is some it is the free .tk doing it.[/url]
  • skyweb
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • skyweb

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeh the .vze puts it into frames aswell. The user doesnt see the frames its just because of the url mask I think.

PS Ive left my maths work on my desk at home lol :lol:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers