SITE REVIEW: EuroFusion.net

• cubechris
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Gloucester, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just launched my new site, if you could take a look, offer your opinions, and tell me what I have done wrong, it will be appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Chris
EuroFusion.net
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Chris,

The text in 5 of your 7 navigation (Film & Televevision - Technology) tabs across the top of the page is very hard to read after it has been clicked (the first two are ok, they remain white). Change your a:visited color to something that is more legible on the dark grey background for the others.

In the listing of articles? for each topic/section, I think the Read More for each one should have more padding/margin below it to separate it from the next article. It is too close to the title for the next article, and I initially associated it with that next article the way it is currently laid out.

I'm not keen on that diagonal background. Perhaps if it was a bit lighter it could work.

In your about page you mention the EuroFusion community. I almost missed the forum because the link is styled the exact same as the text. Add some kind of CSS to make it stand out a bit more.

Not a bad effort all-in-all.

Question: Who do you expect to use the site, and what is the sites main purpose?
  • waffles
  • Student
  • Student
  • waffles

Post 3+ Months Ago

In addition to what ulstermonkey said above:

There's no obvious link to the home page.

The header image is a bit grainy. Which may be what you were going for. But it doesn't look that good since no other image is like that.

You seem to be trying to cover everything, but I never figured out what the site is supposed to be about.
  • bustya
  • bustya

Post 3+ Months Ago

The article titles should be darker to stand out more. When I first came to the site, i wanted to skim the article titles to get a general idea of the site's content, but found it dificult to physically read each individual titles in a continuous motion.
  • Gavilan
  • Born
  • Born
  • Gavilan
  • Loc: Guaynabo, Puerto Rico

Post 3+ Months Ago

OMG man, I cant belive this but I dont have any, its a very nice site, the banner looks great and your lay out is pretty nice

I dont have any suggestions (pretty rare for me to say)
  • voodoo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • voodoo
  • Loc: egypt

Post 3+ Months Ago

very nice site i really like it
  • mmmwowmmm
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mmmwowmmm

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'll start with the bad:

1. I agree with ulstermonkey about the a:visited property. It should be muted, but clearly visible. On a lesser note, but in the same ballpark, the a:hover seems a little off too. It seems like it should brighten, not dim. But that's me being picky.

2. I also agree with waffles: What is this site about? If the theme is "general/eclectic pop-culture media/news", then I think you should find some way to get that across right away. You're spreading it thin.

3. If I have one pet peeve, it is this: Webpages that I have to scroll horizontally. Please, PLEASE use "%" and not "px" when defining your widths. Just because you have your screen resolution set to 1024 x 768 doesn't mean we all do. Using a percentage width means that it will translate correctly for everyone.

Ok, now the good:

1. I disagree with ulstermonkey: I like the diagonal lines. I think it goes well with the Euro-theme (or whatever). Over all, the layout is pretty nice. Good colors, good font properties, and if your in 1024 x 768 mode, then the page fits very nicely.

2. I love the graphic of the guy looking up into the camera. Reminds me of a magazine cover or something. Hip.

3. It looks like you have a lot of content. That's really the main thing. Content is king, as they say.

Over all, I think it's a very nice looking site with lots to offer. If you could just focus the theme a little more, change the link properties and then fix the width to a percentage, I'd have no criticism at all. Well done.
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

mmmwowmmm wrote:
1. I agree with ulstermonkey about the a:visited property. It should be muted, but clearly visible. On a lesser note, but in the same ballpark, the a:hover seems a little off too. It seems like it should brighten, not dim. But that's me being picky.

So you DO agree with me then :lol: more legible == clearly visible? :wink:
  • krok55
  • krok55

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi,
1. Like others, I think that the diagonal lines are not that good idea.. it's distracts the eye from the content (which happened to be with the same colors).

2. I also agree that you should definitely change the a:visited color (it's very very simple)

3. The bottom bar (which contains all the importatnt links for us, such as "about") is not working when navigating to a different section of the site. (the links become disabled)

4. like others, i didn't really understand what this site should be about - you should write more in your "about us" section, and maybe on the home page too.

Besides that, not a bad site at all... continue with the good job.
  • JennyLee
  • Born
  • Born
  • JennyLee

Post 3+ Months Ago

I liked your site it was entertaining, interesting, but the diagonal lines were killing my eyes. And maybe as mentioned before it would be a nice addition to add an obvious link or button back to the homepage.
  • masoko
  • Born
  • Born
  • masoko
  • Loc: Bulgaria

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site looks good except the top navigation bar you may change the font or just use some pictures for the buttons. Digg it function don't work it asks me to post a now story.
  • sck4784
  • sck4784

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, I have reviewed your website and I found that it is a beautiful site but loading time is very slow.

And rest part of the site is ok.

Keep up it.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers