SITE REVIEW: european directory

• scoobby
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • scoobby

Post 3+ Months Ago

please review my 4 months directory.Why i am not geting a lot of submmisions yet?
http://www.bidlink.eu

every feedback will be apreciated and concern by us.Thank you all in advance.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• RedBMedia
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

IMHO You have integrated your ads into the design so well that the whole site looks like an advertisement. move that ad right in the middle of the page to the bottom. Try moving the menu to another location that will assert it as a menu.
  • scoobby
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • scoobby

Post 3+ Months Ago

the adsense ads was just placed this week so they are not permanent maybe we will remove it if that is the case.but we put them because the site ranks well for some keywords that freebies are searching so we have the ads so the freebies can find something usefull on the sie too.
thanks for your feedback,really apreciate.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

The W3C Validator found 18 errors on your "home" page ... click here to see them ... These might not be accurate because there is also no DOCTYPE definition.

In the top "block" on the "home" page, the corners are blue instead of transparent, which makes the stars look strange because the blue corner goes over them ...

The links of the countries don't stay the same size on all the pages, for instance, from your "home" page, click on a country (for example Belgium), you'll see that the size of the font for the countries goes smaller ...

Then you could make the link of the page that a user is on, unclickable, for example, if a user is on the "contact" page, you could make the "contact" link unclickable and in another colour (or rollover state), this way users won't redirect to the page that they are already on, and they'll always know which page they are on ...

Then I see that on each page the stars are on a different place (vertically), I think you should make it so it stays in the same place, that way the pages all seem more uniform ...

What is that search box for, it doesn't seem to find anything ... ever ... I typed in many of the countries' names even and no results were found ...
  • Boke
  • Student
  • Student
  • Boke
  • Loc: Hiroshima, Japan

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree , the whole site looks like an advertisment, and because of that a little dodgy
  • jameson5555
  • Bronze Robot
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree about the site looking like it's all ads, too.

Also, it should be:

"Bidding Web Directory - Bid for Permanent Position"

not

"Bidding Web Directory - Bid for Position Permanent"
  • scoobby
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • scoobby

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks all for your replys.The adsense will be removed today because it was only a test and obviously dont help.As for the errors its the doctype and there arent actualyy errors except some that the intergration of adsense caused.As for the bidding web directory this is the link leader title and not the title of the site.if you read the about page you will understand what i mean.

Thank you all.
  • alfonko
  • alfonko
  • Loc: uruguay

Post 3+ Months Ago

i agree with the ppl, looks like and ad. but i get the idea of the site in a few seconds so... isnt THAT bad and you have good page rank there, congrats
  • scoobby
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • scoobby

Post 3+ Months Ago

thank you for your nice comments,the only bad idea IMO was the g adsense intergation that i am trying now to remove and return the site to the previous form.The high pr is good allthought the serps is the big deal and i am in first page of G for my main keyword (europe directory).
  • scoobby
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • scoobby

Post 3+ Months Ago

i remove the adsense.and i am happy from the result.any other sugestions feedback?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers