SITE REVIEW: Ever Oddening

• ashley
  • Loc: Newfoundlandia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ever Oddening.

I have come here in search of constructive critism. This is the same site I was here for advice on ... two years ago. Coincidently, it is the same site that has been close for the past two years. Pure coincidence, I swear. (No, really. I've had personal issues, and uh ... organizing this has been very tedius, as I am a terrible, terrible masochist who insists on doing it by hand.)

Obviously, the general design is intended to be simple, namely to avoid taking away from the artwork contained on the site. There are a few things I haven't gotten around to doing yet, but they're not vital to the basic design and navigation to the site - not immediately.
One being - for each section [year] I plan to make an index page for each, with thumbnails of each picture contained in the section, so the user can go directly to what interests them. I also intend on placing a small menu at the bottom of each page [in the sections] with two or three thumbnails of the images previous to it, and two or three thumbnails of the images coming up. Clickable, of course. This is a bit hard to describe, and I'm not looking forward to coding it. Better suggestions are appreciated. The other thing that is unfinished are the FAQ - so yes, FAQ suggestions are also greatly appreciated.

Are you interested in the art? Do you feel compelled to veiw all of it? Do you feel you could feel compelled to veiw all of it if art sites were the sort of sites you visited? Is there too much? Is it too seperated?

I put a lot of work into this, and I lack friends that are into web design / art to go to for advice.
  • nzk
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Theres... too much white space.
  • camp185
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: San Jose, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would not indent the paragraphs, and create a line space between them. Looks like you just pasted it up there with no care.
  • webia
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • webia
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

What exactly should I say about that WORD design. Even them look better, as they have the left indent. :)

Try to bring your website in the 21st century.
  • Henryct
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Henryct

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the colors in the tittle... black, pink and gray, and the font you used there.

the rest is too simple, especially the menu
  • ashley
  • Loc: Newfoundlandia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I appreciate your critiques, but I refuse to remove the indents. It's proper grammar, unles u also sugest i typ lik this - wich wuld b, by lots of ppls stndrds, bringin mi site into the 21s centry.

I've also always been really terrible at ever attempting that, so I'm aware that it's probably pretty exaggerated.

The basic design is supposed to be simple, but how would you suggest jazzing it up while avoiding taking away from the artwork?

I'm also curious if anyone could help me figure out how to make the content text closer to the header text - example; on the first page, there's the words Introduction in grey. I can't get the paragraphs any closer to that, due to a script I'm using, which replaces text with an image while using the <h> tags.
  • business opportunities
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • business opportunities
  • Loc: Saskatoon, SK, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Some pictures for eye candy would spruce it up. Add more content to the main page (text, pictures, whatever) as the current description leaves alot of white space. It may look better too if you center the site in the window as it would make it seem that there is less emptiness on the page.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers