SITE REVIEW: Everyone`s homepage

• cheatartor
  • cheatartor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey Everyone,
I build http://01478.com to be a new time-saving method to surf on the internet.
It help you save URL on your keyboard,then you open a Web page just press one key.
If you registered in http://01478.com ,you can use your bookmarks anywhere.Thank u for your reviewing.
Thank you for your reviews.
ps:
Please look your numkeys on keyboard`s right.

numlock / * -
7 8 9 +
4 5 6
1 2 3
0 . enter

If you will view my site,only press 0,1,4,7,8,ctrl+enter.My site`s name isn`t special meaning ,but it`s easy and quick to press for you.

• Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Tannu4u
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice idea "cheatartor" but how can i store two or more URL's for same letter?
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's a neat concept, but why should people use it instead of del.icio.us or tinyurl or something like that?

Also, I think a bit more of an explanation of what to do work be a good addition.
  • cheatartor
  • cheatartor

Post 3+ Months Ago

@Tannu4u
I am sorry,a letter only store one URL.

@kc0tma
It will not instead of del.icio.us or tinyurl or something like that.
01478.com's superiority is quick to open commonly used website ,del.icio.us pays great attention in the content.You may simultaneously use 01478.com and del.icio.us .
I will write an explanation of 01478.com.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I nice concept and I think it's somewhat of an original idea... at least this is the first time I see such thing. The layout is clean although it isn't valid.
  • silvano
  • Born
  • Born
  • silvano

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its a very neat and original concept. A couple of suggestions though. A modifier key, so as you could have more than one url for each letter on your keyboard. A customizable template, or color scheme, as green isnt everyones favorite color, me for one am partially color blind to red and green, and it looks almost grey to me. Add a google searchbox directly to your page, so people dont have to waste their 'G' on google :D Also, think about adding additional functionality such as netvibes, as it seems thats kind of what your going for, being a launch/homepage. Hope you enjoy my suggestions.
  • iliya428
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I never saw such idea before. With better design (see comments above), and better usability. (After switching to Full Mode - I don't know what it is all about, and how to get back)

It looks nice and after polishing you can market it some way.
  • Tannu4u
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey cheatartor
I definately agree ppl here that your idea a great. You can open a menu listing all the bookmarks for a letter. Suppose you press "A" then all the bookmarks starting with "A" opens in a popup menu, and from that menu users can select the page they wanna visit.

One more valuable advice, ppl tend to steal other's ideas, so do the changes adviced by the members here and market them as soon as possible, because you never know...
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have 55 errors in your markup. You can view them here.

I really like this idea. I can see how, once polished, this could be a potentially very useful homepage. To those comparing this to delicious and other similar sites, I don't believe this site is intended for the same purpose. This is more of a quick-launch equivalent for the Internet, not a personal bookmark archive.

My only grip is that the design is table-based. It wouldn't hurt to learn a bit of CSS and get away from those tables. You'll have more control over your user interface should you ever want to change it in the future.

I also agree with the comments above about modifier keys. Why limit yourself to 36 or so alphanumeric keys when you have access to potentially 3 or 4 times that?

One more thing... you might want to consider buying a few extra domains, ones that are a bit simpler to remember and recognize. It would definitely help in getting the site some attention.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers