SITE REVIEW: eWebDevelopment.net (Ver 2)

• assasin3k
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Spain

Post 3+ Months Ago

If i were u i would quit that google ads.
U must not use ads on a web design site, and if u use, do not use related ads because a visitor can see the ad click on it and buy design from others. :idea:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• bbott1982
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NJ, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

assasin3k wrote:
If i were u i would quit that google ads.
U must not use ads on a web design site, and if u use, do not use related ads because a visitor can see the ad click on it and buy design from others. :idea:

Yea i know, i'm constantly adding new web design sites that appear in my google ads to my block list. I've been pretty good w/ keeping them off but every now and then new listings will slip by me.

On a different aspect, I do believe a customer is going to most likely to shop around and get a quote from a few design firms before they decide right then and there on choosing your services.
  • darksat
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: London (via the rest of the world)

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like your design a lot.
The only thing I will say is Im not a big fan of baby blue.
and you would seriously want to get rid of google adds.
  • deepesh
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • deepesh
  • Loc: INDIA

Post 3+ Months Ago

simple and beautifull.
  • jjwarr
  • jjwarr

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi

liked the site there are some good points and bad points one thing i would do is add some more animation and make it abit more bold and stand out to your coustmer
  • Foxy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: places..

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice design, clean code.

Kind of bright ;) but, its nice, You get used to its brightness after a while, or maybe ill dull, and so use to dark colors/shades (i.e this site) im far too attached to the darkness of websites O.o

Maybe a sugesstion, for each module, have a 1 px border connecting the top image and lower of the module, that would be sweet, of course, I love borders :/

Site looks profressional! Good Job.
  • bbott1982
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Foxy wrote:
Nice design, clean code.

Kind of bright ;) but, its nice, You get used to its brightness after a while, or maybe ill dull, and so use to dark colors/shades (i.e this site) im far too attached to the darkness of websites O.o

Maybe a sugesstion, for each module, have a 1 px border connecting the top image and lower of the module, that would be sweet, of course, I love borders :/

Site looks profressional! Good Job.

Thanks Foxy,

I've actually tried putting a 1px border around the individual sections, but it made it look too boxy. It flows better w/o them :)
  • bbott1982
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

NEED YOUR OPINION....

Shoud i keep my site how it is now... w/ the google ads along the right column:

http://www.ewebdevelopment.net

OR...

Should i change it like this:

http://www.ewebdevelopment.net/REDO.htm

... and have the google ads along the bottom.
Where it says "TEST TEST TEST TEST" I can have a feature site listing or osmething for the current project we're working on..

what do you think?
  • Foxy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: places..

Post 3+ Months Ago

bbott1982 wrote:
NEED YOUR OPINION....

Shoud i keep my site how it is now... w/ the google ads along the right column:

http://www.ewebdevelopment.net

OR...

Should i change it like this:

http://www.ewebdevelopment.net/REDO.htm

... and have the google ads along the bottom.
Where it says "TEST TEST TEST TEST" I can have a feature site listing or osmething for the current project we're working on..

what do you think?

second looks good :D :iconthumbleft:
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

well although the bottom adds are less obtrusive, I really think that your ctr would be a whole lot better on first design. I think that it blends well with the rest of the content, and a whole lot better than a lot I have seen.

No, the first one would be my pick.
  • Skirge
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Skirge
  • Loc: nashua nh

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey nice job this site looks very professional and if i was interested in it i would probably go there a few times
  • jlknauff
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

It really doesn't grab my attention. If you are offering web design services, your site should really have a top notch design. On another note, someone mentioned the ads, get rid of them. It tells people (even if it isn't true) that you are trying to scrape together a few dollars anywhere/any way you can. One more thing-your W3C links at the bottom should come up in a seperate window so the visitor stays on your site.
  • g0l`
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like the colors, erm color. It's nice to see and it doesn't hurt my eyes. I also like the very smooth navigation menu and I don't realyl see something bad, You did a very good job :)
  • bbott1982
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

jlknauff wrote:
It really doesn't grab my attention. If you are offering web design services, your site should really have a top notch design. On another note, someone mentioned the ads, get rid of them. It tells people (even if it isn't true) that you are trying to scrape together a few dollars anywhere/any way you can. One more thing-your W3C links at the bottom should come up in a seperate window so the visitor stays on your site.

Good find with the W3C links. :)

Changing that now.
  • bbott1982
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Since everyone was complaining the site was lacking color, I added some color to the top image header. I think it brings a little more life to the site. Those of you who remember the previous colored banner, do you like this one better or worse? :idea:
  • BaDD CoDeR
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice and clean and easy navigation. :)

I love that the first thing u see on the entry page is "Professional Web Design
and Web Development Services" so I dont have to try to figure it out.

You probably havent finished brushing things up, but I notice the logo on top says... "New Jersey web design..." on the first page and "Professional web design..." on the others. Whichever you pick, it will look nice if it is the same on all pages.

Are you mainly targeting companies in NJ? That is my guess since you have it on the title, etc.

Good luck with the site!
BaDD CoDeR
  • BaDD CoDeR
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've got one other comment. I've been discussing it with friends online and we all agree...

You need to add one "weird or unusual" thing to your site. A weird picture, etc.

Your logo says . . . "empowering . . . with ingenuity" yet the name and site look standard. It looks very good as it is, but if you add just one thing unusual, it will tie in with the "ingenuity." You have a delicate balance because you cant make it too weird possibly or you will scare your target customer. Maybe if you even just added one little award ribbon at the top for something like "Bottini 2004 Award for Most Creative Web Design" referring to work you did. Get what I mean?

Overall though, I REALLY like your site as is!!!!!!
BaDD CoDeR
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Peronally, I agree with Foxy about the borders on the little nav boxes. You can leave the images at the top and bottom, and just add a border on the left and right sides w/ CSS.
  • bbott1982
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Truce wrote:
Peronally, I agree with Foxy about the borders on the little nav boxes. You can leave the images at the top and bottom, and just add a border on the left and right sides w/ CSS.

It sepperates things too much. I already tried that. :)
  • bbott1982
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'll let everyone decide.

Here is w/o the borders:

And....

Here is with the borders:

Which one does everyone like best?? I personally think w/o borders looks the best because it flows better. But i'm open to hear other opinions. I'm all ears! :D
  • RBeau
  • Student
  • Student
  • RBeau
  • Loc: Aurora, CO

Post 3+ Months Ago

Without Borders... that's my vote
  • bbott1982
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

RBeau wrote:
Without Borders... that's my vote

agreed.

Anyone else?
  • bbott1982
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmmm guess that's it. Time to let this thread R.I.P :D
  • bbott1982
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I redid the top menu navigation.

Which do you guys like better?

Here is the original: http://www.ewebdevelopment.net

Here is the new design: http://www.ewebdevelopment.net/REDO.htm

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Regards,
Brian
  • bbott1982
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

ALSO.....

I just redid the news column for my site. I have made the news scroll vertically instead of remain stationary. Which do you guys like better?

OLD: http://www.ewebdevelopment.net

NEW NEWS SCROLLING: http://www.ewebdevelopment.net/REDO.htm

Thanks again.
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

The old is much better. The scrolling one flashes away before I had a chance to read it all!
  • pteglia
  • pteglia
  • Loc: Port Townsend, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, here are a couple of things that others have not picked up on.

1. In your portfolio, try to make the images clickable, that is the first thing many people try to click.
2. It is my opinion that if I have to scroll 3 times on a 800x600 screen, than there is probably too much on that page. Give it a try on your site.
3. The adsense has got to go. Here is why: an image of prosperity projected to your client will win more of them over than you will gain by selling ads on your site. If you are offering alternative forms of income on your own site, they will see this as a sign that you are not making enough doing what you are supposed to be an expert at.

On the Plus side, I love your graphics, such as the header and the Free Price Quote graphic. I also like your menu system.

Thanks,

Pat
  • bbott1982
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site is complete. Thanks everyone for their opinions :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 58 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers