SITE REVIEW: examkick.com

• _primordial
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • _primordial

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Guys,

A pet project I've just put live. Interested in your opinion on the idea/implementation but especially any little bugs or aesthetic issues. I have very few design skills and am open to suggestion on how to improve the user experience.

Cheers.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Overall, the site looks okay, but right now it's not anything special as far as aesthetics go. It gives off the "template" feel.

A couple suggestions:
  • The tag cloud in the footer looks a bit tacky, I'd remove it.
  • The "BETA" stamp on the logo is very distracting, either rework it, change the color, remove it, etc.
  • There's an overdose of padding on everything, try to tighten up the elements just a tad, and I really do mean "just a tad".
  • There seems to be a lot of extra space under the footer. Way more than needs, in fact it's causing a scrollbar even though nothing on the home page goes below my screen.
  • The logo could use a bit of work, it's a bit bland right now.
  • Instead of using image background for your gradients, consider using css3 instead, it'll clean them up a bit and save on http requests.
  • Might want a custom favicon rather than the cakePHP favicon.

Other than that, it's not bad. Keep up the good work.
  • _primordial
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • _primordial

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey,

thanks for that mucho appreciated :) Gutted about the "template feel". I have no design skills whatsoever but have tweaked and tweaked to get this far :( Oh well.

Thanks.
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don't beat yourself up, like I said, it's not bad. It's only missing those certain things that give it it's own personality. What sort of aesthetics or graphics can you add that would express and reinforce the idea of the site?
  • _primordial
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • _primordial

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey Mind,

OK, thought about your comments and made a few small modifications. I have not changed the graphics, I know they are your expertise but they are not mine... but I have changed the wording and menu options. Hoping to better explain the solution.... because I decided 'the problem' has to many flavours to express.

In short, an easy way to create exams papers/solutions as PDF, online or both. Ad Infinitum.

What do you think?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers