SITE REVIEW: Exotic Auto Talk

• planecrazy69
  • planecrazy69
  • Loc: The South

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would like your opinion on the general design and colors for Exotic Auto Talk Please don't hesitate to add content to the forum. It's actually my son's first website and he's 14 yo. Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Oekss
  • Oekss

Post 3+ Months Ago

The only real comment I have design wise is about the boarder around the forums. I found the bright red boarder really distracted my eyes while I was trying to read. Maybe tone it down a little, or lose it all together.

My other suggestion is to maybe group the individual forums together by where they are made. Such as have Ford/Chevy ect. under American cars, and so forth.
  • DRicher
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • DRicher

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the site is clean and easy to follow. Minor point: the logo text has a white border that looks jaggy. A bit of anti-aliasing should fix it up.
  • jlknauff
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow :shock: lower the saturation on the red
  • DownloadChest

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think the the red has to come down at all.
I think it gives the site a sense of edge to it, without going overboard.
Great job !
  • Miss_Bee
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Eagle Vale, Sydney (Campbo Chickadee)

Post 3+ Months Ago

WOW, I love it, I think the colors are brilliant and black and red go really well together. The site looks like it has heaps of potential but visitors get discouraged when they see empty boards. The admin have to work hard to fill the boards with heaps of great info to get visitors joining instead of lurking so my suggestion here is maybe filling each car section with a history of the car itself likes it orgins and what its been through and its changes over the years. It will take a bit of research but if you want to put the effort into it, I reckon the site will come out fantastic.
Good luck and I look forward to seeing this site expand!
:D
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love the red too. but users may get so sick of it after a while .... ?
thats a thought.
  • Miss_Bee
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Eagle Vale, Sydney (Campbo Chickadee)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Change is always good though...I always change my forum colors at least every two months
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not bad at all for 14! My comments. In the overall_footer.tpl file for the template you are using you need to add back in the phpBB group's copyright info. It's not fair to them to use the board script without providing credit back to them. To the best of my recollection I haven't seen that board style/theme template yet, and I have looked at a lot of them. If it's custom (based off the subSilver template), you should also add your own copyright for the style theme. If it is based off another's template theme, then you should add their copyright to it or at least credit back to the template creator such as is done here at OZZU.
  • Benat
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Awesome!! Love the colours!
  • imagemoore
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • imagemoore
  • Loc: Surrey, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think that the site looks good, the red is a bit disctracting though, which makes it hard to read.

On a different point you should move your Google Ads up slightly to blend in with the banner a bit better.

Hope I have been of some help.

Rich :P
  • sana
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: I am back!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice site.. :D the combination is really good.. if the banner could be a bit more improve it wud be perfect!
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r
  • Loc: Guyana

Post 3+ Months Ago

Man it's really bright but the red looks good but i agree with the other members that said visitors would get fed up of it. Take that into consideration. Maybe make it default but give options to change skin. Very good for 14 ofr being his first. my First looked nun like that.
  • guyute
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • guyute

Post 3+ Months Ago

the pictures to the left of the car names (all the same) took very very long to load. Are they a large size? They aren' t very big, so I'm not sure what would cause that.

The colors do look good, and considering the topic - fast cars... i believe red was a really good choice.

The google adwords is slightly off with the placing and colors, but it is not so bad.

Good Luck!!
  • xlaxmat
  • Loc: Phoenix, Arizona

Post 3+ Months Ago

HEY LOVE THE SITE, thats some good work for a 14 year old. the only thing that i would say is wrong is maybe to brighten it up a little more color wise, but thats about it. Good work, keep it up. i'am interested in cars to so check my site out. http://www.TheMuscleCar.com i'am still kind of working on it right now.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I get this funny feeling the original poster has long since gone and only wanted us all to see his kid's site?
  • Foxy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: places..

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know, it happens alot all around the forums, people with 1 or 2 posts, and never come back, espicially asking for help and such :(

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers