• azza132
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • azza132
  • Loc: U.k

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please review my website @ http://www.exoticgear.tk
Thanks please comment and post back your oppinions and comments on the forum
The site is on exotic cars,these are cars that look amazing and very exotic!!
Code: [ Select ]
<TD vAlign=top width="80%" height=518><FONT face=Andy><B><FONT size=7>
<MARQUEE>[blur]PLEASE VISIT[/blur]</MARQUEE>
  1. <TD vAlign=top width="80%" height=518><FONT face=Andy><B><FONT size=7>
  2. <MARQUEE>[blur]PLEASE VISIT[/blur]</MARQUEE>
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I like how the graphics are kind of off-set, reminds me of when I worked on packaging labels.

As far as the website is concerned, however, I assume with some of the techniques used and implemented, you are rather new to designing websites.

NEVER distort images so that they can fit in space. I noticed you did that to some of the car images. That is not good practice whatsoever. Leave images as they are, do NOT scale them larger or smaller, taller or wider...a HUGE no-no.

A lot of the images do not work (at least for me).

Its very simple and basic, which is actually a good thing considering what you are trying to get across.

Keep working at it though. Practice, practice, practice. Don't be this-couraged by some of the criticism from me or anyone else you might get...my first website sucked ass, but it was a start.
  • azza132
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • azza132
  • Loc: U.k

Post 3+ Months Ago

mr_darek wrote:
Well, I like how the graphics are kind of off-set, reminds me of when I worked on packaging labels.

As far as the website is concerned, however, I assume with some of the techniques used and implemented, you are rather new to designing websites.

NEVER distort images so that they can fit in space. I noticed you did that to some of the car images. That is not good practice whatsoever. Leave images as they are, do NOT scale them larger or smaller, taller or wider...a HUGE no-no.

A lot of the images do not work (at least for me).

Its very simple and basic, which is actually a good thing considering what you are trying to get across.

Keep working at it though. Practice, practice, practice. Don't be this-couraged by some of the criticism from me or anyone else you might get...my first website sucked ass, but it was a start.

Thanks for your mssg dude i appreciate it, please can you spcify the pages of the pictures which are hard to see?
  • isthistakenyet?
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Burnley U.K.

Post 3+ Months Ago

May i suggest turning off your "dot tk" pop-up ad, it is simple, just go to your "my dot tk" page and select the "Dot TK Linker promo", then simply select the "no popups" options, its as simple as that.
  • jnacool
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

w i got all excited when i visted your site, then it turned out to be exotic gear and not errotic gear! lol! aaawww well i really like the genral layout I did have a problem with 2 of the images on the front page. The site runs fairly quickly looks like the images are optimised well, and the general idea is a good one! I had no pop=ups don't knwo if you have disabled them or what but it didnt affect me that one!
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, it seems as though almost every car image is stretched to some degree (I can see the pixelization). And some of the car logos, like BMW and Lamborghini are terribly distorted.

If you are enlarging them within your website editor (Frontpage, Dreamweaver or what have you)...DON'T!! That's what photoshop is for!!!!
:)
  • zudo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • zudo

Post 3+ Months Ago

You need to be consistent with the fonts and buttons, otherwise it looks real weird, center the words on the buttons!
  • stevegmag
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

:shock:
  • jlknauff
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think the design really fits the subject. It reminds me of childrens cartoons or something. You may want to take a look at some of the sites for the cars that you have listed (mercedes, lambo, etc). They have a very clean and elegant design.
  • Rat
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: desk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Loads up very slow, some images dont even show up at all, too many popups: 1/10...
  • Ifrit
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Portugal

Post 3+ Months Ago

Gosh my popup blocker went skyrocket o.O
As mr_darek mentioned, do *not* stretc images with html X_x the cars look like you put something heavy on them and messed up the whole chassis XD

Most of the images wont load mate... are you sure the host company you are using is a good one? Or maybe there's something wrong with the code itself...

Take off animated gifs because they are downright annoying >_<

I would rate you 5/10 because i think you could do better, but i sense that you're rather new to this whole thing, we all had our first ones right.
  • DR01D
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

:shock:

ok.. some comments ;-)

image:
like jlknauff said about the image not matching the content. The look is designed to give viewers some kind of feeling, having cartoon style imagery probably doesnt give people the feeling you want it to. with exotic cars you want to conjure up feelings excitement and class and prestige. I can see what you are doing with the palm trees but i dont think they work too well.
..and that sun ;-P.. oh aand the water at the bottom.

colours are also a major factor try mixing some darker colours in, maybe some blacks and greys, and maybe some blurring type imagery to give the impression of going fast.

layout:
try keep the layout simple, having few elements as possible eg: navbar, content area, header etc. try group the related elements togeter like the searches (2?) but you get the idea.

Code:
Start learning css, this will help with getting the content formatted and cleaner code etc.

hope that helps ;-)
  • swooshn
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • swooshn
  • Loc: college park

Post 3+ Months Ago

All the links looked cluttered up and is hard to read. It would look nicer if you keep button simple, keep it one color and make it bigger.

Lamborghini is in a smaller font than bmw.

The write ups on your top 10 cars are bland.
Read up about how the car drives, learn the technical advances about the vehicle. Then give your own words about the car.

Good luck

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers