SITE REVIEW: Exploration Development Inc need feedback

• Silark
  • Silark

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi this is a site i worked on for my father in-law and i am eager to learn to please comment on everything from design to coding. I know the Our services page needs more i am trying to figure out how to use perl so i can create an FTP part of the site (Any ideas let me know).

Thankyou for amy help you can give me

www.exdvpinc.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Perad
  • Student
  • Student
  • Perad

Post 3+ Months Ago

Remove the "last updated", the reason for this is that if you have nothing to report your site won't be updated. If someone new visits your site and they think the site hasn't been touched for several months they will be put off.

Why do you need an ftp part to your site? Instead of learning a language it would be better and safer to use something that has been made by a professional. The problem with ftp is that people can upload malicious content. You should have a look on the internet, i am sure that there are plenty of free scripts floating around to serve you needs.

As for the site itself. How much do you services cost. It sounds expensive. Your site though looks a little dated. I don't like the way the navigation is "right centered", i have a high resolution and the naviagtion appears smack in the middle of my screen. It doesn't quite look right, especially with the picture going across the width of my screen.
  • Silark
  • Silark

Post 3+ Months Ago

Perad wrote:
Remove the "last updated", the reason for this is that if you have nothing to report your site won't be updated. If someone new visits your site and they think the site hasn't been touched for several months they will be put off.

Why do you need an ftp part to your site? Instead of learning a language it would be better and safer to use something that has been made by a professional. The problem with ftp is that people can upload malicious content. You should have a look on the internet, i am sure that there are plenty of free scripts floating around to serve you needs.

As for the site itself. How much do you services cost. It sounds expensive. Your site though looks a little dated. I don't like the way the navigation is "right centered", i have a high resolution and the naviagtion appears smack in the middle of my screen. It doesn't quite look right, especially with the picture going across the width of my screen.

Yeh i thought that about the date last modified but my father in-law wants it there, will talk to him about that. Also a good point about the services 'cause i don't know something else i will have to talk to him about. The FTP part of the site will be password protected for clients to upload and download data.

Do you have any suggestions on making the site look less dated? or improve the navigation i think i need new eyes for this.

Thanks Chris
  • Kanika
  • Kanika

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am designer so I can comment on the coding part of your site.

I would suggest to use the white space on your site.You can put the body part in the center rather than aligning it to the left.

I dont know whether you wanted to make it attractive or not..But ya if you wanted to then the design is very outdated plus not attractive at all..I would suggest you to look at certain templates to design your site..

Thanks
Kanika
http://www.enidus.com
  • webia
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • webia
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

When was this website completed ? Who built it ? You should really hire someone to do it for you. You should look at guru.com to find some cheap freelancer, or .. buy a simple html template from http://www.templatemonster.com/category/low-budget and edit its content.
  • Henryct
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Henryct

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the top JPG and the font you used there (it looks very pro), although I don't like the logo, it looks old fashion to me. Below that, is the address, email, phone number... you have to increase the font's size, especially for those people using 1024 x 768 resolutions.

I don't like the main picture, I don't have anything against your family, but that picture in the home page doesn't say much, I think you need a pic from a work done or something more shocking, more pro looking. That photo will be fine in "About Us", but not in your home page.

In the bottom of the Main Page, where says: "At Exploration Development Inc our philosophy is based on a personal....", I think that text shouldn't go from end to end. If you use "blockquote", may be better.

In "Our Services", you need to fill that white space... there is toooooo much white... perhaps you can add some photos... and don't make the page that long, doesn't look good.

I like "About Us" and "Contact Us" ... clean and simple. Although in "Contact Us" you have a problem with the table's background. At the right side.

CruiseTopics.com - Tips and information for your next cruise travel
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers