SITE REVIEW: Ezzal.com

• maahan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can someone review my site http://www.ezzal.com/ please ?

This is a entertainment portal mainly focused on Online Games and Funny Pictures Blog.

I have created few own games too :
http://www.ezzal.com/tag/ezzaldev

And Ezzal have a special sketch pad option where users can create sketches and publish them on Ezzal homepage.
http://www.ezzal.com/sketch-pad

Any tips on speed ,layout ,design+colors, easy of use,etc ?

Thank you a lot in advance.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi maahan,
As far as the layout and design go I think you did well. You had a lot of content which is arranged well. I am glad you didn't put the ads as the most promenant thing on the page. I find that annoying when I go to a site and thats the first thing I see. As far as the colors go, while there are a lot of them, they are fun and playful and I think then lend nicely to the idea of playing games and having fun.

Hope that helps.
  • maahan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

CXLink - Thanks for your review.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the domain name, it made me open this thread and check out the site.

I like that you've included a no-flash notice for the sites header. I doubt the majority of people coming to this site will have Flash disabled, but it's good to have it up there anyways, especially considering it contains navigation elements.

--

I like that both the thumbnails and titles are linked to the games from the Index. No everyone naturally goes for one or the other.

--

Some of your link colors aren't obvious links, I found the links in this paragraph by accident when my mouse cursor changed while moving through the page.

Quote:
The sketches below has been created using Ezzal Sketch Pad, click on the 'Create your own sketch' link to draw your own sketch.You can sketch something and publish it on Ezzal to share with others.

--

I'm not sure whether all gray stars means the game is new and hasn't been rated yet, or that it sucks horribly. I'd either set the default rating to 3 or replace the all gray stars with some sort of "not rated yet" image.

--

I like the little animations on the header, though it appears the little sparky things on the sides are out of sync. Hovering over "Sketch Pad" causes the sparky thing on the "Submit a game" button to animate.

--

and then I started playing one of the games and forgot what I was doing. :D
  • flygum
  • Born
  • Born
  • flygum

Post 3+ Months Ago

well done. i like how the sponsored links are clearly blocked out of the way and distinguishable from the content. there is a ton of stuff on this site so perhaps focusing on one main area (games?) would also help.

i played a few flash games and they were actually worth coming back to so nice job and keep the content worth coming back to.

** critique **
I didn't understand why this line of text was at the top of the page...

free online games,dress up games,barbie makeover games,barbie dress up games,fashion,doll maker,hair cutting,bratz girls dress up,puzzle flash games,funny games

...search engine keywords (if that is their purpose) should be inside meta tabs and invisible
  • navidimran
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • navidimran

Post 3+ Months Ago

Everything is good except the fact that you haven't made the best use of the available space and the lay-out is a little outdated. Or else the website provides the user with every possible reason to visit twice. The flash games are certainly going to fetch you a lot of visitors.
  • kevinpascual
  • kevinpascual
  • Loc: Amsterdam

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just a little bug note, some of tags in "Popular Tags" box are out of borders (Firefox 3.6).
  • paid4dload
  • paid4dload

Post 3+ Months Ago

your website is so cute and very well organize where the layout was perfectly in place. The color scheme of the body is a bit dull but it's not that bad though.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers