SITE REVIEW: Fabric Store

• Swee
  • Student
  • Student
  • Swee
  • Loc: Singapore

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I would like to know why this forum has such low popularity? What can i do to promote it?

Its can be found in http://www.hst.com.sg with the link of e forum:
http://s8.invisionfree.com/Fabric_Store_Online

Please help me!

With Regards,
Swee
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Lord Kai
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would probably say because perhaps there isn't much to talk about or possiblly not many have noticed it yet...
  • dojo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Timisoara, Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

Something tells me you've got to have some patience :)
Use the spare time with customizing the theme, the logo and so on. Don't stick with the defaults, a catchy theme can add some interested people. Promote the project as much as you can (search engines, directories and so on) and again, be patient :)
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Forums take a long time to get popular, I'm sure if you check with the pioneer's of this site, they'll tell you the same. As to your site, one step you can take to creating a buzz is posting your own articles and topics. Even if no one's around, just fill up that forum with your ideas, info and thoughts as consistently as you can. This will help your SEO as well as show prospective members that you have tons to offer. As of now, the forums look like a ghost town and anyone visitng will just move on because it looks like you have nothing to offer. Your main fabric topics have nothing in them, so who do you expect to attract? So like I said, take the initiative and start posting articles yourself. Post some of the top fabric sites in your links section, or somewhere on your page, so that maybe you can get some people searching for that company to also notice you. There's lots of stuff you can do, just take the bull by the horns and start working at it.
  • hackrabbit
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • hackrabbit
  • Loc: California

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, reason your forum isn't very popular:
1. Note the links on your main page do not include links to your forum. In fact, it isn't very easy to find your forum from the main page. You need to cross-promote your forum in every other place on your website.

2. as mentioned in another post, you need to wait a little before your forum gains popularity. Another way is to post messages of invitation or add a link to messages in other forums.

3. You need to change the look of your IVB forum to look more like your site. At least change the logo. You have done a lot of work on your site, so make the forum cross-promote your site too.

Good luck, have fun!
  • nchoose
  • nchoose

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like your site.

I agree, the forum is a ghost town...

:::::tumbleweed rolling across the screen::::::::

What is the purpose of your forum?

My guess, to make your site sticky for your customers... so if you offer a small discount for people to join and post something ( their favorite fabric and why) you would see some action.

People love discounts!!! and they love to talk about themselves LOL

You could also add something on your invoices that mentions the forum and a future discount. Just some thoughts....

Kim
http://www.WhatsYourDeal.com
  • manuel2283
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • manuel2283

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site looks really clean and easy to navigate, but you still need to put some emphasis graphically .

Try jazzing up the graphics up may do a search for some better photos that would compliment you layout.
  • Abelius
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Miami Beach, FL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

A forum for an online textile store...???

Well, I guess you WILL have to wait a bit until it gets crowded...

You said: "low popularity"? When did you open up the forum? October 29 2004??? I have a forum myself, and it's been on since 2001 and I have less than 200 followers, and I dont think I should complain...

You should be really punished for impatience, my friend! :)

Otherwise, nice site and nice forum! :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers