SITE REVIEW: Fav 2.0

• BunnyFace
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • BunnyFace

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
I have 2 months since I launched http://www.fav20.com in BETA. I built it to use it as a homepage of the browser, to faster access my most visited websites (sites that I visit every day).

Any of you care to test Fav 2.0 and make some suggestions for the current features (I know there is a lot more to add) ? Thanks.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• KillJoi99
  • KillJoi99

Post 3+ Months Ago

I personally like it. Heres what I think though, honestly Its a little bland, but often times bland is good. I think it is very simple, which will allow easy use for even the less internet savy people, lol. The only thing is Im not sure about the usefulness of the site, with bookmarks, now a days especially with FireFox's top header of bookmarks. But maybe you could add another page with the "Most Faves" or something like that to show which sites are mostly bookmarked. But how are these saved to the specific user? Because if its based on cookies, what happens if the user deletes their cookies, do they lose all their saved sites.

Well just my $.02, please dont take any of the criticism to heart, just my little input.
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the imagery you used, but like the guy above said how useful will this be. It almost reminds me of Opera's Speedial. But I bookmarked and I will add more to it next week. I guess I can kind of see how it would be useful. Only problem if I switch browsers I have to start all over right? Here's an idea. And I'm sure this would take more development. What if there were a way you could create this page so no matter what computer I was on or what browser I was using it still worked. So many times I find a page I like at work and by the time I get home I have forgotten it (so I just started putting them on my Yahoo Notepad). If I could go to any PC and open up all of my favorites that would be awesome and do it from any browser. Something like this would probably cause for the viewer to register but I think that could be a much more marketable tool! If it ever makes you any money I will come looking for my 33.33% GOOD LUCK!
  • Ripiajo
  • Born
  • Born
  • Ripiajo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice. I like the simple design. I dont care to see the beta testers list though.

The drag and drop functionality was not working with Opera 9.24
Thumbnail generation did not work for 2 out of 3 websites I tried.

Good luck

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers