No

SITE REVIEW: Favouritelink.com

• favouritelink
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: seattle

Post 3+ Months Ago

To all,

I started a new search/link website 2 months ago.

And know I want to improve it a bid. So any suggestion is welcome and you're also approved to submit one of your own websites in a categories. I am also looking for a logo but my skills in graphics is not the best.

Click Here to visite Favouritelink.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

favouritelink: You have put almost NO effort into providing useful reviews to other users.

I am pointing this out so that other users will not make the mistake of putting too much effort into reviewing yours. I should really lock this thread, but I think it's a good example of how fulfilling the "3 Review" requirement should NOT be done.

Thanks and have a nice day.
  • Tone2k11
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Tone2k11
  • Loc: Southampton - UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah cool 6/10

lol, aint it annoying when you get 3 word answers!?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please review at least three other sites first and give some constructive criticism regarding their site. Posting replies such as "looks good" or "nice site" will not satisfy the requirement. You must give them something to work with whether its positve feedback or negative feedback.
I am locking this thread until you make 3 useful reviews. If you expect to get well thought out reviews on your site that will help you, then you better do the same to the others. Once you write 3 good reviews (you can edit your other reviews, or write 3 more) I will unlock this post and remove my remarks. If you do not make 3 good reviews (can be positive or negative criticism, it just has to be useful criticism) within 2 days I will remove this entire post.

Hope you understand why we are doing this and do not take it personally. By enforcing these rules it will make people give better reviews, including the ones who will review your site.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

//poll removed
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I reopened your post favoritelink. Thanks for taking the time to post better reviews.

If you still want your poll, you can click the edit button on your original post in this thread and add it back. I couldn't remember what it was.

Good luck with your site, and welcome to OZZU.
  • favouritelink
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks and I reactivated my poll.

Hope to get good revues (even if the are bad they are welcome).
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey favourite: Thanks for coming around to the rules. It does make the review section much better in my opinion.

Any way, here's my review;

I think the default color scheme is very hard on the eyes. I switched to the 'black' one almost immediately.

You might consider spending some more time on the organization. In my display (I admit I've only looked in IE6) the left column is about twice as long as the main content area. This seems a bit awkward to me.

In the left column, everything is centered. Now this is really a matter of preference, but I don't really care for that. It just doens't feel right to me.

I think the 'Categories' section could stand to be tightened up a bit. If it were me, I'd bring the items in closer to their titles.

It seems your targeting 1024 x 768 displays. For this type of site, I'd want to target 800 x 600

My last comment (I promise ;) ) - It seems like you're jamming a lot of functionality into the front page. This is a good thing and a bad thing. It's kind of hard to take it all in if you know what I mean.

Thanks again for your effort to conform to the rules.
:thumbsup:
  • favouritelink
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks digitalMedia,

I did made same of the change you sugested I a still working on the colors. The left colom is shorter, the default color should now be blue.

Hope that you will visited again to see the differences.
  • virtualand
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • virtualand

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

This is my Review:

You must change the layout of the site. It is an aggressive layout that moves away the visitor instead of capturing it. The colors are very strong removing the visitor's attention that has difficulty in concentrating in the topics. Try to use soft colors, without any texture. Use the color of the background in darker tones for the tables and you will have an elegant site. Remember that a layout is to help the visitor to enter in the site and to feel well navigating in it and not to drive it away.

Regards
  • favouritelink
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

Thanks for your review,

I almost followed it in totaly accept the back ground I used a soft background color. I hope you will visited my site again to see if it better in this color combination.
  • virtualand
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • virtualand

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

It is must better... Now we can concentrate on the topics, the main reason for the site to be on-line.

Regards
  • balko
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • balko
  • Loc: Lancaster, Pa

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice...but it doesn't have a cat. for my site :( lol.
  • favouritelink
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

balko wrote:

Hi

We can always add a category for your site just let me know what it should be and we will add it.

thanks
  • favouritelink
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

balko wrote:

You could add a poem under Article(s) Click here to add Poems. I just add a new articles category named 'Poems'.

Goodluck
  • MrFeetz
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • MrFeetz

Post 3+ Months Ago

For all the content on the site, it's well organized, even if a tad overwhelming. Excellent navigation. No dead links, that I found. The style menu is a nice touch as well. I'm gonna bookmark and use it.

~~Feetz~~
  • favouritelink
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the revue and I hope you will come back to our site.

PS I added a new logo hope I can get some respons on that???

Does the logo fit or do we need to look for a better one?
  • favouritelink
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all,

I change a lot since last time so I am asking to revue my favouritelink.com again.

what do you think does the site need more work or shell a keep it as it is right now.
  • lyonrt
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • lyonrt

Post 3+ Months Ago

I dont like it when i see a dollar ammount next to an item on a site. I love freeware...Its the only way to go. I like the idea of having a collection of links. Make it look less than a forum and let it revolve around a cleaner look.

-Tyler
  • favouritelink
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi lyonrt,
I did take out the buy price so you will not see this any more. About your other comment I need to think about if I want to change it in something els. thanks for your comment.
  • alerik
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: People Republic of China

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is a forum with a hell lot of topics.....wauw. Maybe you can make a link at the bottom 'back to top' because it is a lot of scrolling.

You say 'counter by Relmax Tp' but i don't see a counter? :shock:

I hope your forum will run very good
  • hellododge
  • Born
  • Born
  • hellododge

Post 3+ Months Ago

No offense, but there are too many of these sites on the web. Sorry.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 22 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers