SITE REVIEW: FBM boards

• Skirge
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Skirge
  • Loc: nashua nh

Post 3+ Months Ago

These are not my boards, They are the boards of a guy named Griever and I am sorry that i took credit for the website when i didnt make it!

Hey everyone, they are not one to show off their boards but since they are the number one board for the computer section, I figured "Why not?"

Here on their boards you can find a lot to do and I am pretty sure you will enjoy your time there and soon become a regular.

By the way, FBM stands for Fat Black Man and NO THEY ARE NOT RACIST! It was originally a joke for a friend of theirs and they pretty much expanded on it and we are really starting to get a lot of members and posts there from a bunch of people who we thought would never register.

Their boards include:

General Discussion section for pretty much anything at all.

General School where you can talk about a problem with homework (or just give us the homework lol) This section is mainly for them and their friends though as most of you would not understand it because it is too much of an inside joke lol

General Computers where I discuss the fundamentals of computer sectury and hacking of all sorts (NOT MALICIOUS!)

Of course, they have a downloads section where you can download pretty much anything out there. ( DOWNLOADS ARE NOT HOSTED BY THEM. THEY ARE FOUND AND POSTED ON THE BOARDS AND IN NO WAY ARE CONCIDERED ILLEGAL UNLESS YOU DOWNLOAD IT! )

Next up is the Artwork section where they and others post Photoshop and Flash MX 2004 tutorials so you can all learn how to make great looking designs and become design professionals like them.

Then we have the talented works of B-ry (friend of ours) where he draws a ton of the FBM Inc. comics and I Photoshop them and post em online. That is one of the most popular sections and are actually very, very good.

Then they have the FBM Stories which most of you won't understand because once again, they are all inside jokes. Anyway,they hope you like their boards, and as you can see, it is expanding every day and will continue to do so until they go offline (hopefully they wont anytime soon lol)

http://www.phpbbforfree.com/forums/inde ... =grievance
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• darkermoon
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Riverdale, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

umm, looks like a fairly standard basic forum but, be careful with the school homework help section because, if you watch MTV, you'll know that some kids got severely busted for a site not much unlike yours.
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

That was one long introduction to your site! :roll: . First impression was that the site was too dark, makes it hard to notice your rollover effects and stuff. Your font is also a tad small. But frankly, its not as bad after I browse around the site for a while, kind of get used to it. The other things, whats with the constant use of the word "General". Its in your general discussion, so I'm guessing it goes without saying that the subtopics would be general, besides, what is "general computers". Just sounds weird. That FBM Player thing looks out of place and doesnt really have an explanation of what it is. There's a big white block at the top of the page, I'm guessing its an ad, but its showing up as a white block on a consistent basis. Anyway, as previously noted, looks like a typical forum site, but it looks like you have a good following already, so you're definitely doing the right things, keep it up.
  • Mr. Tech
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, very long intro... To be honest i didn't read it all ;)

Nice clean design, a bit dark and I think those BIG ads will lose you some people.

Other then that looks great

Keep up the good work
  • hackrabbit
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • hackrabbit
  • Loc: California

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I am not impressed really. I hate to say that. The idea is interesting and the color combination is good, but I do not like the big banner at the top in the center, right IN-YOU-FACE. Better to hide it after the majority of your content I always say.

Also, you have one banner at the very top, and one just after the top menu section. That's a little bit much don't you think?

However, when you get to the actual forum part, it looks nice and professional. The icons are nice and the colors blend well. Just a little bit of re-arrangement would make this site awinner in my book.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers