SITE REVIEW: FIFASite.com

• nameslot
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

As the fifa event is coming nearer I thought to build this one.

http://www.fifasite.com

How is it? please let me know your ideas.
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the layout and colors. One thing that you might want to think about is giving the "headings" some style. Such as Login Form, Syndicate, Polls... They seem a little light in weight to everything around them.
  • ranochio
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • ranochio

Post 3+ Months Ago

I sugest you to use joomla instead of mambo.

The website is nice. and is the first one i have seen with this ideea
  • Matthew
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I noticed that "Home" and "Administrator" are the only two menu items that you can click anywhere within their cell. All other links you have to click the text.

My first impression was it's a nice, clean site. I like the general layout and design.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

ranochio wrote:
I sugest you to use joomla instead of mambo.

The website is nice. and is the first one i have seen with this ideea

Why? nameslot did a good job with mambo. The site is very nice. If you are going to recommend an alternative, then please detail why so the poster knows exactly what you are recommending.
  • NetzzJD
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • NetzzJD
  • Loc: Texas, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the overal site is very well designed. The navigation and colors work very well. One thing I noticed; the schedule table on the homepage could be placed differently, or maybe just show so many events as to not disort the page layout. The content could also be enhanced, but again it is a very nice site to look at, good work.
  • jampie
  • Born
  • Born
  • jampie

Post 3+ Months Ago

its a nice idea and the layout looks good.
  • orcrist
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

nameslot, are you sure you left enough space for adds (same for your piggybank) i think i hear kaaa-chiing! on this one :grinyes:
gj
  • justice
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • justice

Post 3+ Months Ago

You seem to have a PHP error on your FAQ page:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/apaxyz/public_html/fifasite/components/com_content/content.html.php on line 106
  • Ganceann
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Ganceann

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very Nice layout and colour co-ordination.

In addition to FAQ error...

Links :
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/apaxyz/public_html/fifasite/components/com_weblinks/weblinks.html.php on line 193

Just curious as well, I liked the stadiums that would be used along the top - what I would like is if each were clickable and able to bring up facts about the stadium itself.

Also regarding Schedule -

- if each country flag was clickable and it brought up the schedule for that country I feel would help bring down the used space on the front page a bit and help reader usability

- again more facts when clicking on the country flag that would include the country name obviously and most likely facts on how they have done previously ( previous tournament record overview)
  • yenerich
  • Student
  • Student
  • yenerich

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site and design!

Comment: Your poll is a joke? Spain and Costa Rica as favorites an no Argentina and Italy? :P

FAQ displays:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home2/apaxyz/public_html/fifasite/components/com_content/content.html.php on line 106

Administrator drives to the real admin login page... is not that a bad idea? I was thining that was some "About us" page!
  • RallyDSM
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • RallyDSM
  • Loc: PNW

Post 3+ Months Ago

Maybe change the long and almost cluttered looking Schedule List to a Drop Down Menu with perhaps the top 3 or 4 selection to be shown.

The page looks devoid of content, I think because the article you have is low and to the right. Perhaps bringing it back up near the top again would increase the value of impression.

I do love the string of stadiums across the top though... for some reason, that just looks REALLY good to me. :)

Nice work over all, but I'd try and tighten it up a bit.

RD
  • cometservers
  • Born
  • Born
  • cometservers

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good colours. I like the layout, it's very nice and clean and still gives me that FIFA vibe.

The only thing that I can mention that you can work on is your table and cell sizing. Like the latest news and the popular boxes aren't aligned.

All else, looks good.
  • ilbusca
  • Born
  • Born
  • ilbusca

Post 3+ Months Ago

Fantastic! I love football.

I add to my favs.
  • nrain
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • nrain

Post 3+ Months Ago

layout and others are ine although the home page is of extra length.... thts not a problem though
  • see1ad
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it when a website is designed based on a purpose. I'm definitely go here to check out the results. Go US!

Maybe change the colors on the two sides to light blue or something to make it more lively.
  • orcrist
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Go US!

aww man..this is another kind of football, one that actually involves both foot and ball ;)
  • Rhew Churyll
  • Rhew Churyll

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm no webmaster, but I am a WorldCup soccer enthusiast, and I'll be going back and forth from the original homepage of Fifa.com and this site.

I also think the schedule could be a drop down menu according to groupings, so it'll be easier to read.

And the stadiums along the top is nice and could be clickable and alittle info along with links to the schedule along with what team is playing there.

Good site.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 18 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers