Voting Chart

Total votes : 3

If you found the site, and were looking for a product, would you click a category then a product

•  
    Yes! I'd check out multiple products
  •  
    I might click one or two products
  •  
    I'd view a category then leave

SITE REVIEW: FindIT

• c0mrade
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • c0mrade

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey i just launched a new site
EDIT: New proper domain name!
http://www.buying-it.com

its a simple site that helps people find products. Each category shows 10 items, with the best price, ratings, and trends. Products and prices are updated daily.

one of the this i'm not sure about is the color scheme. I'd really like something that grabs the users attention.

also, how inclined do you feel to click through? (a category, then a product)

Please give some feedback - Thanks!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

the site looks good, and works well - but the homepage is, in my opinion, far too bland. I'd change the colors to stronger ones (the green of the product tables is quite powerful, why not try and use one of those shades on the homepage itself?) and I'd also give the homepage some nice glossy image, to entice people to go in further.............
  • c0mrade
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • c0mrade

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks, ill try and get some nice graphics in there, and ill play around with the color scheme.

I'd really like it to look a lot more "web 2.0", i think a nice glossy image would do that.

I like how I kept the site so you never need to scroll, do you think I should have a scrolling homepage with more info?

Thanks for taking a look

oh, anyone know any good bright orange based color schemes?
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah, I also like the fact that the page doesn't scroll. I don't think you need a big scrollable homepage with additional information - it should be quite easy to explain what the site is about in a few short sentences. as for a nice color combination, try kuler - it's pretty good for coming up with a color scheme.... the one the link points to is one I like for orange, but there are thousands of others, and you can make your own too
  • c0mrade
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • c0mrade

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh thanks that site looks great.

I'm a programmer dabbing into web dev so the visual stuff is proving a little challenging :) thanks for the feedback it really helps

ill post back when i've made some changes
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

no worries, always glad to lend a hand...

I'm an interpreter dabbing into both programming and design, but let's not stick to labels, eh? :D
  • c0mrade
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • c0mrade

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok, i got a logo - and added a picture of a globe on the main page.

what do you think?
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

ooh I like the globe picture - it really makes things open up a little visually!

not sure about the logo honestly - looks like the 'IT' is trapped inside a gray tennis ball. maybe do a little more with that. or just leave it like it was...

one thing though - doesn't it bug you that your side menu doesn't align with anything? either width-wise or height-wise..... I'd make it fit, personally, so that it completes the rectangular shape of the page. widen it for 5px or so, and add another two categories to the bottom - or stretch the ones you've got................... maybe
  • c0mrade
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • c0mrade

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol I see what you mean about the tennis ball.. it was supposed to be a magnifying lens. How about now?

idk about the menu... i kinda liked how it didn't align, makes it look like it is hanging from underneath the logo or something.. ill play around with it.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

like the magnifying glass. maybe give the letters a bit room to breathe, extend that white surface around them? just a bit.

you can still have the effect of the menu hanging under - that is kind of neat.... if it's the length it is now, and you change the width to what it was, and put back those shadows... it'll look cool.

say have you thought of making the menu bright orange maybe? you've got that saucy orange and that clean punchy blue, and then a slightly vapid green for the menu............... it would look cool in a deep orange hue, IMO
  • c0mrade
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • c0mrade

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah, i'll be playing around with the colors

I was thinking maybe keeping the menu color, and changing the header to green - or having an orange header.

The shadow effect on the menu didn't really look to good with the gradient header background

my free domain name stopped working so everyone can see the site at
jacks.890m.com/findit

Oh, feedback on domain name (i might register) "www.itfinder.net" good? bad? an alternative is "www.findingit.org"
  • c0mrade
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • c0mrade

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just registered my domain name! http://www.buying-it.com

I know have a link exchange setup! If you want to participate please go to my site, then "Links" (top right), and click "Add Your Link Here!"

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers