SITE REVIEW: FireScripts.com

• nameslot
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello friends,

Here is my new site for php scripts and other resources.

http://www.firescripts.com

Please review it and let me know how it is.

All comments are appreciated.

Thanks.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's a nice clean look nameslot and nicely done. Your biggest problem is going to be getting visitors and that's going to be rough until you get scripts. It's a great idea, but lots of very well recognized sites already beat you to the concept.

Your next focus shouldn't even be to redesign anything. Unless you get content and get it quick, you're looking at a pipe dream.
  • reciprocal_link
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • reciprocal_link
  • Loc: Bemidji, Minnesota

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site. I have to agree with ATNO/TW.
Also If I were you I'd put some alt tags in your heading. Also a anchor link and a <h1> </h1> tag . google loves anchor and head tags.
  • Fiky
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Fiky

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great nice and simple, I like the NAV easy and I can get to what I want quickly!

P.S interesting Alexa rank :P
  • dojo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Timisoara, Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the idea and the site looks good. Best of luck with it, it's a nice project
  • cyberoptik
  • cyberoptik
  • Loc: IL.USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

Just a few things about the layout.. you may want to me the login box on the down down a bit so its vertically centered, move the 'vote' button down another line after the poll, and for each of the four listings categories on the index you may want to extend the table a bit so it doesn't just cut off.

Nice site.

Ron
  • bustya
  • bustya

Post 3+ Months Ago

Blue on grey is not readable. Maybe it's just me?

Change navigation button graphics.
  • real_estate
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • real_estate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm..... Your site looks great. I suppose u just need to add scripts to those links.

All the best.....
  • CheebaHawk
  • CheebaHawk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yea, I like everything about the interface except your main title. The fire effect is so old, also it is very bright and I feel distracts the eye from the rest of the page. Input validation on the contact page, I was able to send through a pretty much blank page. Input validation is very important to keep out unwanted people, needless to say we don't want people hacking out sites, well a loosely coded input box is exactly where they will start. Other than that...the site looks great, more content will help, also maybe broadening the subject matter. HTML is pretty universal, you might want to add a section on it (as boring as it is) it will probably help traffic!
  • InfernoDesign
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • InfernoDesign
  • Loc: West Hills, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site is very nice, The banner looks OK. I don't think the fire works to well the way you have it. I love fire, it is just off a little bit in my eyes. It doesn't look like the text is on fire or the opposite, like something is on fire behind the text. I just think it needs a little more tweeeking so it looks like it should be there or is part of the logo. Take the fire and text into photoshop and use some blending technics to make it look more cohesive.

Very nice though. A little more color in certain areas would help detract from the monotone look and draw the eyes to the area you want emphasized.
  • thedark
  • thedark

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site is well designed, but there are thousands of this kind on the web, and i think there are too many categories, you should reduce the number of categories, and rise them when the site will have more scripts on it.
  • iletiler
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • iletiler

Post 3+ Months Ago

under categories i just see | charachter,

is there anything under the categories, ? i see nothing,
  • farooqaaa
  • Born
  • Born
  • farooqaaa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good webiste! Clean layout!

I like the left navigations :)
  • etnies99
  • Born
  • Born
  • etnies99

Post 3+ Months Ago

site looks good, i would suggedt getting mor scripts. The majority of the links i clicked wew empty
  • jsh2134
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jsh2134
  • Loc: Boston and New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

definitely get more scripts, but I like the idea of a Poll, anythign that can keep the user coming back to your website is a good idea. Nice simple design.
  • Dannyh
  • Born
  • Born
  • Dannyh

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is fairly clean but I find the category list is a bit too "stark" and condensed. Maybe the issue is the brightness of the white on the background of white.

I would perhaps try making the font a little darker say a grey like #DDDDDD other than that the layout is clean and has potential though I think that that will be the biggest issue.
  • uday4ru
  • Born
  • Born
  • uday4ru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Site is good but acc to me small changes are req if possiable

create different cat for free scripts , paied scripts will be good

search engine with more options will be good.

making site more SEO friendly will always help .

over all site is good if u add this to your site it will be better
  • edrawing
  • Born
  • Born
  • edrawing

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's a nice clean look nameslot and nicely done. Your biggest problem is going to be getting visitors and that's going to be rough until you get scripts. It's a great idea, but lots of very well recognized sites already beat you to the concept.

Your next focus shouldn't even be to redesign anything. Unless you get content and get it quick, you're looking at a pipe dream.
  • beefykoala
  • beefykoala

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey I like the look. I suggest under the 4 boxes with top listings and such that you make it top 10 instead of 5 because you have that extra space on the bottom. Oh ya and you need content, Lots of content. Take it from other sites, people wont post to a site with no content to begin with.
  • mlsmls
  • mlsmls

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 20 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers