Voting Chart

Total votes : 15

Do you like or not like

Poll ended at March 15th, 2005, 1:00 pm.

•  
    yes
  •  
    no

SITE REVIEW: My first site. Real estate

• superman
  • Loc: Phoenix Az

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please give a good look and give feedback pos+ or neg-

http://www.Allamericaninvestmentproperty.com

Had offers on selling domain name but decided to continue myself
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your review request was unlocked. Please feel welcome to continue.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Em, where do i start.

Its not a bad website, but there are some things i think you should sort out.

Personally speaking, i havnt been a big fan of long domain names like the one you have for this site. Perhaps this is something that could be changed in the future. Try something shorter. I actually tried to find out domain names around that that i thought you could try, but there dosnt seem to be many available. Just a suggestion.

The Maroon text on the Grey background and the dark blue on the maroon background is just painful to read. In particularly the Blue. Why not change the blue to a lighter blue or generally a lighter colour. The Maroon text should be made a black colour or something like that.

On your advertise page, i would recommend you make the text under the linked icons a link as well. This should automatically change the colour to a Blue (depends on what you have set it) and would look much better on the Maroon than the Black does.

To be honest, the Maroon colour isnt that great. I would change it, if it was my site.
  • bbott1982
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NJ, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have wayyy to much info on your homepage. The homepage should tell about you and the services offered. Additional info should be listed on pages within the site. It seems a bit confusing as it is now....
  • jonathaw
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: newfoundland, canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can't realy comment on the technical aspects of the site but maybe some thoughts on the aesthetics would be welcome.

The header at the top of the page doesn't really announce a strong presence and doens't tie into the theme and color of the rest of the page. 'All American Investment Property' would look a lot better with some kind of stylized logo. Don't know what the key logo is for. The blue color at the goes well with the blueprint image just below it but not with the dominant maroon color that's with the rest of the page. If it was my choice, a color scheme working with the blue at the top and the blueprint image would be better (more the way the state listings page looks). There's also a lot of fonts throughout the site which is kind of distracting (and doesn't look very professional). Choose one or two that work well and stick with those.

The main page is pretty long to scroll down but the amount of information could be shortened, with some things moved to other pages and other stuff compressed. In firefox, about 1/6 of the page is empty space running down the right hand side and some of the elements aren't centered well. Reducing this would reduce the page length. Some of the colored fields you have on the site don't look very good. Putting a simple border around these, like the one that states "Our site is designed...".

Some of the linked pages (the links and employment section) don't really follow the theme as the rest of the page. It's kind of disorienting jumping from the main page to these; it leaves you wondering where you've been sent.

The best parts of the site are the few property pictures, the little 'before & after' thing at the bottom, the blueprint image (can you tell I dig that), and the listings selection with the state flags (although I have a feeling some people aren't going to like that).

Bottom line: The site needs some polish before it visually stands out. Good luck.
  • superman

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK I am changing the colour scheme to a light blue. I had a feeling the maroon wasn't going to work well but it seemed at the moment more proffisional. Thx to the feedack so far!
  • Sharandyr
  • Sharandyr
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow those buttons are....big. They fill up the whole screen, I'd definately tone them down (smaller!) and strengthen your header up a bit. The color combinations could be improved for the content.
  • tvfocus

Post 3+ Months Ago

I guess you are using Internet Explorer, i can see everything normal with IE. Try to view your website with Mozilla Firefox ! A lot of people are using it and they have problems viewing your website.
  • Mythos
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Mythos

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yep youre right. Firefox is simply way better :P

Over al not a bad site, but maybe you should make a more clear navigation.
THat makes it easier for the user to navigate trough your site and looks more proffesional and will ALSO attract more people.
  • flashback10
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • flashback10

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you're getting there, but there are a lot of things that could be improved. I also think your main page is too long. I think the top of your homepage could be tied in better. The blueprint image you have it too light, and looks like wasted space with your large buttons below and your image on the right. If you could tie all those items together somehow, you could make a nice header that's more attractive. A logo would also be good too.

I would also work on your color scheme. It's a bit of everything right now, and doesn't remain constant with all your pages. The same goes with your layout. When you click to a page from your navigation bar, that navigation should be on every page. Using the back button on the browser is not very professional. The text could also be cleaned up a bit as well.

You do have good content and way of organizing it though. I would just work more on the layout. That is the first thing a user will judge....the look of the site. If it doesn't look professional, they may think your business isn't professional either. Keep up the good work. You'll get it.

maria-
  • jah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sharandyr wrote:
Wow those buttons are....big. They fill up the whole screen, I'd definately tone them down (smaller!) and strengthen your header up a bit. The color combinations could be improved for the content.

What he said. Buttons are way to big.
  • e-zone4u
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

first thing is your url are too long :roll: . The colour using in your site are a little bit weird.Try to improve the text style also. :wink:
  • newforumonline
  • Born
  • Born
  • newforumonline
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think your navigation buttons are taking much more space than they should. You could just place them somewhere at the top so they will not occupy the important space on your site. Then move the text describing your website instead.

Just a suggestion...
  • ma
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • ma
  • Loc: bulgaria

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do something with the top of the page, now you have “All American Investment Property” as a text and “Welcome” as an image. Try to move this “welcome” somewhere else and make it smaller. And make it text instead an image.
You are using table and <div> tags with absolute positioning at the top of the page and with the buttons. It looks OK in IE but it is not OK in Firefox. In fact you have one button with no text (as a template) and you use <div> tags with absolute positioning to put text over the button. It works in IE but there are problems in Firefox. I suggest may be you can remove this big buttons and put some dhtml menu, you can find a lot for free in the internet.
Panels that starts with “This project was…” are images, why don’t you make them text strings? The pointers don’t look very good too.
Try to make something with the fonts.
  • superman

Post 3+ Months Ago

What is Fire Fox and where do I get it?
  • ma
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • ma
  • Loc: bulgaria

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
  • heretic976
  • heretic976

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think your site is very cluttered and disorganized. You need to clean up the pics you have because they look grainy and really bad. If you're offering houses you want the pics to look as nice as possible without sacrificing load time. Secondly, you really need to change the color scheme...it's gaudy and unprofessional IMHO.
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok well the site is huge but well it aint done i went to listings and clicked some links the went to like a page iwht just he heading??? so yeah but i dont no this looks like a old site. so personally i dont really like it too much but if you changed it made it more colorfull brighter clearer you no... i no i am a futuristick guy and like everything modern and cool. but i think if you just chagnes somethings you could make it better.
but yeah i mean it is pretty good for a first site..
  • ctrenks
  • Student
  • Student
  • ctrenks

Post 3+ Months Ago

you may want to use openrealty as its a free open source realty system, with a few mods you can have somthing like this - http://www.hudsonohiorealtor.com

its almost finished but its also just a slightly modded template you can get from http://www.openrealty.com
  • webosdesign
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • webosdesign

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site, as mentioned before me, is very disorganized.

First off, you used Yahoo's Sitebuilder software to build your site. I personally would avoid using tools like that to build a site, unless you are building a very simple site.

What I normally do when I begin designing a site is: (1) Look around. I search on google for other sites that are similar to the one I'm about to design. (2) Pick a layout. Is it going to be two columns, three columns, or no columns, or whatever? Then, stick with it through the site. Keeping items align is better for the eyes. (3) Choose a theme/color scheme. This is important. Sticking to two or three colors is also good for the visitor's eyes. Using various shades of the two or three colors you picked is good too.

Also one of the habits new-comers have is trying to put all the fancy stuff on their site at one time, this is bad! One or two fancy items is okay, but don't over do it.

Professional sites don't have hit counters anymore...leave that for personal sites.
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

How about you make the bar at the top a picture, and only the other white stuff is a picture? Otherwise it keeps repeating itself. There is blue text behind Maroon... way to straining for the eye. I suggest maybe white. The buttons would be better if it changed when a person puts their cursor over it. Anyway, nice website and keep up the good work mate!
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

o just one more thing, after reading funny_fuzz's post i noticed a white space above the buttons, i no that there is a background image there of drawings of some sort, just stands out a bit too much
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

the words in blue and choice of colours is quite bad.
you need some better colours. :-(

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 23 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers