SITE REVIEW: My first site!!

• iamthesimpleone
  • iamthesimpleone
  • Loc: Austin, TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi everybody, I'm new to this forum, and its my first time to chat. I just started making my first site a few weeks ago, and all of my freinds love it, but sometimes I think they just say that to humor me. Looking for some unbiased feedback from people who don't know me. Please don't be too harsh

My site, its laugh out loud funny
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Welcome to OZZU iamthesimpleone. Your post is temporarily locked until you've read our rules for requesting reviews. To view the rules just click the New Topic button in this forum. After you've made 3 quality reviews for other people one of the mods will unlock your post and you'll be able to edit your link back in.

I unlocked yours too iamthesimpleone. Click the edit button in your original post to remove my comments and add your link back in.
  • balko
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • balko
  • Loc: Lancaster, Pa

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's...well different.

You should really write what your page is about. Because, really its hard to tell. But it is a nice site.

And most the images for me didn't load.
  • SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Living In Today

Post 3+ Months Ago

well Its interesting to say the least. :lol: I agree though u do need to tell what the site is about, but it is original and for a first website its not 2 bad. Try a cleaner layout next time but overall its good.
  • iamthesimpleone
  • iamthesimpleone

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm.....it actually isn't my first site, just my first time to really be creative and make a home page. Feel free to take a look at what i'm doing to pay the bills :D Check it out
  • jubilaki
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

um.. well it is what you could call itresting once again i'm also saying what is it about its realy weird i dont know what to say other than that
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I rather like simple-minded humor being i'm simple-minded and all :) though I think you could be a little more artistic with some of the images. Gives more of a comedy sketchbook feeling than a homepage in my opinion. Maybe add more detail to your images and make T-Shirts out of them :)
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
I rather like simple-minded humor being i'm simple-minded and all :)

I think joebert is the first one to actually get this website lol. I quite enjoyed some of them :lol: A couple got a bit repetitive in the way the pun was expressed but hey, who cares!

joebert wrote:
Gives more of a comedy sketchbook feeling than a homepage in my opinion.

As a site there is little to review really, maybe you should do like joebert said and make it feel more like a website (add a title and some stuff - maybe favourite pictures - down the side).
  • iamthesimpleone
  • iamthesimpleone

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi everybody, I tried making a flash movie with thumbnails of all the images, it works good, but it seems like half the joke is in not knowing what to expect when you click the text link....*sigh* what to do..... :?
http://www.clothesmaketheben.com
  • Black_Legon
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Black_Legon
  • Loc: Netherlands

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site isn't very attractive.
Maybe you can put a nice header on it.
That helps a lot.
  • gonetwork
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

i think it is great for your first attempt at builing a website. Stick with it, you have the knack for designing.
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

iamthesimpleone wrote:
Hi everybody, I tried making a flash movie with thumbnails of all the images, it works good, but it seems like half the joke is in not knowing what to expect when you click the text link....*sigh* what to do..... :?
http://www.clothesmaketheben.com

I'd say leave the thumbnails to be honest. You are right about the joke being the text and wondering about the pun. I think the thumbnails really detracts from the impact. A thought for the future is to have a arandom image appear at the top of the main page (as it was when I first saw it), as opposed to the newest one.
  • iamthesimpleone
  • iamthesimpleone

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi everybody, been working on my site a lot lately. I just redid it in flash, You like?

my site, its laugh out loud funny
  • monsieur_le_christophe
  • Student
  • Student
  • monsieur_le_christophe
  • Loc: Wales, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

your site rocks!

i liked the older style where it looked kinda trashy like the stick drawings, but it looks way more pro now... its good that you dont have thumbnails anymore i reckon, cos its more of a surprise when you see the pic.

maybe more content would help as well as saying this is ben's site i am ben etc etc cos i guess someone who just accidentally surfed to it would have no-one or nothing to relate the site back to. maybe a crazy pic of you would be good. so people think heyyy it's ben.

umm the black border round the pics and the text on the left is too black. looks like it should be grey and anti-aliased like the rest of the boxes on there. i reckon maybe you should add some padding to the two big boxes that hold the content too cos all the writing and stuff is right up against the sides. and does it say the writings on the left or right? or did you put the wrong side deliberately lol?

have you seen catchphrase? you would definitely win it if you went on the show. i really like the near-death situation one lol

chris
  • vidiot
  • Born
  • Born
  • vidiot
  • Loc: OC

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the colors. Content is pretty funny. Good job!
  • Petebadger
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Petebadger
  • Loc: Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Funny....I laughed my ass off (there's one for your site too!), to me this site is about creativity, it doesn't need to be about anything else, it will make people smile and laughter is a precious thing. I know we are all in this game to make a living but lets not forget the fun side of the job.

Thank you for making me smile today, I certainly get what you're doing and so would a certain Mr Milligan RIP, check out some of his drawings in his books...very simmilar and equally funny.

cheers
  • voodoo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • voodoo
  • Loc: egypt

Post 3+ Months Ago

i think it's simple but nice .. keep it up
  • Foxy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: places..

Post 3+ Months Ago

Um,... your content is um... o.o;;

look good for your first site but besides that....

I dont know what to say.. good drawing skills ?
o.o;;

just very odd... im not sure if I should laugh or not. :shock:
  • Liquescence
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Queens, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hehe I like flash, first of all. The content is... interesting. But in a good way. I got a good laugh out of them. The puns thoroughly amuse me. I think it would be nicer if the menu was a little more colorful, but I'm not complaining. :)
  • Tomo
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the site is cool. But i think it needs abit of working on. Good one for your first try matey
  • Smokenjoe
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Anchorage, AK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Different website.............. Its not really my type of humor, but the links and borders were well done. My only suggestion is to improve the images. Perhaps invest in a drawing pad if you are really into the "art" end of things. Thats my fortte, and as a first pad I would suggest this one, by Wacom. Its a quality pad, and cheap so that if you dont like it, your not out too much money. Heres the link:

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?s ... c=101&sp=1

Keep up the good work on the web site.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 21 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers