SITE REVIEW: First Timer Needs suggestions

• ashly211
  • Born
  • Born
  • ashly211

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is my first attempt at a website and the first I've ever designed and programed, about 90% of it was hand written or configured in notepad++. It's taken me a little under two weeks to get it up and running, I will be adding more of my own content soon. Also If you could tell me if the donation link is working and perhaps click on an ad before you leave would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.centerfieldnews.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• lup0

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi,

your website is really very nice (up to date news always comes handy!).

but there are certain things you may like to improve.

1. headings to news items is with a white background while the news is in grey. the news items are getting completely mixed up. please give
Code: [ Select ]
<br>
or empty cell with a space (if using table) after one news or do something that separates two news items.

2. the main page uses a cascade style for all items. they look somewhat haphazard. please apply a more ordered format for atleast the news items in the center. like

-------------------------------

3. its your preference but may i suggest giving a soothing light coloured background for atleast your main page.

rest is alright. i like the owl logo :)

i got a website too so i understand the importance of clicking on ads.. so i clicked on all of your ads. for further help i'll suggest your site to my friends too! :)

regards
lup0
  • WritingBadCode
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Sweden

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the design is ok. I also think you have some interesting "news".

Good luck with it.
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member
  • Loc: Conroe, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

it is nice. Also i was going through your source code and thought to help you may make it easier is putting all your background and style information in a css file. Very nice site. Also you may want to be careful pulling your pictures from an ip address if its your homes ip. I would recomond putting them on the same server as the web page them self. Any questions please don't hesitate to ask. There is alot of good help here on ozzu! Good Job!
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

interesting concept but you can make some simple improvements like that whole top section making into a single PSD and slice and edit it up with a menu under it and then link it up. There is a lot of small things that can be easy done and makes a huge difference in the interactivity.

also the fonts don't go well with the white background, make them darker so they are easy to read.
  • Mustafa_Aslan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Mustafa_Aslan

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is very nice site and believe you or like me, have no talent on designing stuff :)

I hope you will like attached template. If not please let me know so I can give you a few more.

File is too big could not attached. here is the address freewebsitetemplatessite(.)com/search/query=news
just remove the ()
  • andy007007
  • andy007007

Post 3+ Months Ago

Make it so you can click anywhere on the writing to go to it, rather than READ MORE at the bottom, also do it to the pictures. And sort out the top banner thing, burgundy line things, looks basic
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had to add something here i took another look and there is a few interesting articles on here like the video about the teen arrested from that arsehole officer http://www.centerfieldnews.com/articles ... 0Raids.php

actually there is 1 more point after pasting that link there is spaces in the link that add the %20 between words, under-scores work well too.

But finial note, you got the idea keep up the work on it. you will make it fly with a few months of hard work into that site. keeping updating on interesting stuff like that is the key.

Good luck mate
  • Fokebox
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Overall looks quite good, but there are a lot of things to develop and redesign! The top of the page is compleatly unattractive - logo is not so impreesed with bad quality + strange lines. Font size is very small and it is difficult to read.
So keep it up and goog luck,
Fokebox
  • andy007007
  • andy007007

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for letting me know.
  • dojo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Timisoara, Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

A lot of include errors. You have missing files or something like this
  • ynakasone
  • Loc: Burleson/Texas United States

Post 3+ Months Ago

Look like this site is down, I'm using Firefox and I just see the following text: "buy this domain"

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers