SITE REVIEW: fitnessinfo4u.com

• hancock0
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • hancock0

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please review my site http://www.fitnessinfo4u.com it is still being developed and two different designs with the links right now.

I'm changing the links to the fitness.htm page style. The other style just made the site way to large with not much detail and content.

Also I'm still adding content every day and designing the store.

I think for the size of the site i should use a site map. thats why its not working.
  • roje0913
  • Student
  • Student
  • roje0913

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think that your site mostly looks like an all ad site. There is only a paragraph per page of actual content :( . Your logo doesn't look like a lot of time was spent on it and could use some additional work IMHO.
  • hancock0
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • hancock0

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have to design a new logo cause my original got deleted by accident. Right now it is but I'm changing it to have more content. When you start going thur the site there is a lot of content especial in the exercise area.

Like i said it is still being developed...
  • varunbihani
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • varunbihani
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

You need to check the site on large resolution screens.. Header cuts off on my 1240 resolution screen
  • Susan
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Susan

Post 3+ Months Ago

The actual content is not enough in my opinion and there is a blank space when I browse down.
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would loose the ads or make them relavent to your content. What's wrong with the breadcrumbs? Honestly, I can't find anything I like. The design looks extremely dated. And there is no common theme holding it together.
  • debob
  • debob

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with the above. You have a lot of fitness sites to compete with, and this...is not really a good attempt at proving that your site is more valuable than the rest.

It seems like it lacks a lot of structure and IMHO, it's too cluttery.
  • murcielagossi
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

To be truthful, the site looks like one that you might run into on accident if you type in the url incorrectly. Too many text links.
  • hancock0
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • hancock0

Post 3+ Months Ago

ya i know too many text thats y im changing it and add tons of content but its taking a long time. also when i first developed the site in 05 it was made for a 800x600 screen now i need to up date it
  • kevsterb007
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • kevsterb007

Post 3+ Months Ago

True, murcielagossi. I hate to slam you, but this site really needs some rethinking.
1) There is way too many links. You have to guide the eye. My eye has no clue where to look. Its pretty daunting.
2) The header needs some work. Who is your target audience? You have two women in the picture. Its low quality and surrounded by orange. The orange is not very flattering to the skin tones.
3) Where is the layout? I see how you have divided the content links into sections, but it still doesn't help. The links should be in list format. There are random advertisements interupting the flow (if there is any).
I refer everybody to these sites. I think you should seriously read up on some design principles.

http://www.webdesignfromscratch.com has good info on structure
http://www.faveup.com design inspiration.

Seriously. Do some reading. This site is way out-dated, sloppy and hard to understand. If I were looking for fitness information and I happened upon this site I would stay for less than one second.
  • as_ghazi
  • Loc: Pakistan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good site!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers