SITE REVIEW: Flash Intro for Wedding Photography

• uknightuss
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • uknightuss
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am not really that proficient in Flash yet, and this is pretty much the first project of this kind that I've worked on. The full intro is approximately 2 minutes long, and consists of the main swf/movie, and 3 external swf's being loaded to conserve on file size. Even after breaking up my movies into smaller external swf's, I have ended up with files that are over 300Kb each.. I could have broken it into even more external movies but would have ended up with more preloaders than pictures.. (that's an exxageration but I did try it already and got real tired of seeing all the preloaders so frequently..)

I am meeting with her/my boss this tuesday, and it's possible that some things may still change. Site is fully unfunctional except for flash intro, and personally I am not fond of mostly white site's, but that's what she's paying me to create.. :roll: If you can make it all the way to the end of the intro, you will see it is programmed to open up the photographers (current/soon to be old) homepage, which just so you know is all black backgrounds and some CSS used.

Anyways, tell me what you think: http://www.cadencephotography.com/wed

Any suggestions on compression techniques would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.rkart.us - Student art, hobby art, mostly drawings and photoshop works. Winamp skins
  • Syber
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

i hope i am not rude..but all i get is a non-functioning layout...

edit: sorry its early, i missed "Site is fully unfunctional except" but i do not get flash intro either
  • Snerdey
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

OPPS is in order here. The site loads only a Frame and "Skip Intro" with a few menu links. Might wanna clear your cache on your browser to make sure it loads. I have no idea what's missing. Look forward to the site update. :mrgreen:
  • mindcry
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mindcry

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the intro, very smooth transitions and order.
  • uknightuss
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • uknightuss
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

Syber -
I wasn't very clear when I said
uknightuss wrote:
...Site is fully unfunctional except for flash intro, and personally I am not fond of mostly white site's, but that's what she's paying me to create.. :roll:

What I meant specifically is that the only thing that is done is the flash intro, and everything else is still kind of just a mockup. If I get approval from the boss for the intro that I've made, then I will continue to crop and piece in the other graphics and pages of the new site. This site is totally at the beginning of its design process and has a long way to go.. The biggest obstacle I've had is working in Flash and making this intro..

One other thing, if a person waits until the intro finishes, or just clicks skip intro, the page that opens is what is her current website that she is replacing. This is an operable site for the most part even though there are still some things missing from it..

Snerdey -
I'm not sure what OPPS is (maybe you can tell me), but I have experienced the blank white frame with only the skip intro button showing. I'm not sure why the preoloader is not kicking in and playing the movie, it's only happening randomly.. I just hit f5/refresh on the page in my browser and then the intro started playing, that's the only thing I can recommend at this point for you to try.

mindcry -
Thanks, it took alot of adjustments to the number of keyframes in each sequence, I just hope it plays smoothly on as many machines as possible.

http://www.rkart.us - Student art, hobby art, mostly drawings and photoshop works. Winamp skins
  • Snerdey
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

OPPS is what we use around here to say "it aint working"

I tried it again and It worked. Wow, what a difference it makes when it loads. Interesting and captivating.

Yeah -- I did not catch the part about not being fully functional. Your on the right track. Weddings for the most part are white ya know.

Bravo!
  • Syber
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

this morning all i got was a blank page with the layout..no flash.
just opened it now and it works..
i like the one chance, one shot, once in a lifetime... looks great.
  • TheRasher
  • TheRasher

Post 3+ Months Ago

The first time I tried to access the site, the Flash into wouldn't load.

Second time it loaded fine, so I'm just assuming it was some sort of temporary glitch, possibly caused by my Internet Explorer.

Overall I think it's pretty impressive. It fits well with the style of the site, and it is elegant and professional-looking. I'm not sure how the loading-between-scenes is going to affect those with dial-up connections, though.
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r
  • Loc: Guyana

Post 3+ Months Ago

well the simple transitions are nice but before i go more when i first went to the site it wasn't loading but my lil knowledge of it made me right cllick and press play.

The cuts isn't that nice. I think it's cuz of the external files cuz i notice it does loading. I also thing something like that should definitely get some soft meaningfull music. Good try for a first.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers