SITE REVIEW: flash site & forum

• yuriythebest
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Ukraine

Post 3+ Months Ago

I made a flash based site that houses all my flash animations and games, as well as a forum. The site interface loads slowly (600kb), But since I made this site for demonstrating my graphics skills it's worth it.
the site itself is at http://yuriythebest.weird.name/
the forum is at http://yuriythebest.weird.name/flaforum
Not much going on in the forum though, which is mainly about flash and mobile phones & pda's.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• hasnatme
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Dhaka, Bangladesh.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site though its heavy on 56K modem.

But I must tell you one thing and that is....optimize your loading graphic because, the loading graphics also taking time to load..so..its really funny when a loader wait for loading.

And your host maybe be free one or something like that..because there is advertise and banner...is this possible to make your movie center of the browser? If yes..then please do it..otherwise its looking odd.

Thats all for now..I will check your site later with my broadband connection.
Bye for now.
Thanks.
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Forum has been unlocked. Please resume your reviews.
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site design and quality strikes me as...... bad. It almost looks like you flung things onto the website and didnt care where they landed. I would fix the placement of the ads, I have no idea what that flag thing is (part of your flash or an ad? or neither?), the search bar "Go" text is invisible and placed randomly and finally the gigantic second google ad just looks terrible where its place and forced into the website. However, I have a feeling that you dont so much care about the layout of your site, more about the flash.

Unfortunately, your flash both confuses and annoys me. The first piss off was the mouse being changed to a small white dot within the flash animation. Thats just horrible. In some case I got confused if I was looking at my mouse dot or a flying star across the animation. Its a challenge just finding the cursor within your flash. Horrible man. The other thing I'm hating is the constant shift in the background. Its unnecessary and makes navigating your flash even more complicated. Not to mention that background looks unprofessional and ugly. All your doing is resizing the image to the movement of the cursor, man, it looks terrible.

Is there a big black dot on top of that "Site 2" image moving back and forth? As I read your little blog there, I cant help but notice you put "I specialize in making professional looking websites.....", you probably can, but not yet. Also as I'm pushing the down arrow scroll to read further, you keep allowing me to move further down even after I'm at the bottom of the content. Now I have an empty screen in the content box.

Oh dear, I just clicked on About. The first thing I noticed is that it appears behind your menu navigation and some of your content is cut off because of it. Thats horrible. In addition to the visual problems, nothing says professional like "Sex?: yes pliz". There's actually nothing about you in the about section, the information you give is ambiguous. Is your name actually 3dmaniac? Because that would be kind of cool.

Your flash movies/games link open a window that now shows up on top of everything and blocks out the rest of your content and some menu options. Bad. The only section I can truly not complain about is the forum. Mainly because it takes me away from your flash animation, but mostly because phpBB is the most beautiful code/template to work with. I dont even care that you're using the default subsilver skin. I notice you allow guests to post, that may be a bad thing. Your ads are badly placed on the bottom, but at least its consistent with your work on the website index. One last thought on the forum, you include no navigation to go back to your initial website, add a link to go back.

Finishing my rant on your website index, clean up your title tag, "free flash games movies swf game downloads damn good free" is not the title of any site I'd visit. What the hell is "damn good free"? You're missing your meta description/content tags, thats where you should put that stuff, not in your title. I've complained about every detail from top to bottom, but I hope you take it in a positive light. Your actual skills in flash are pretty good, I think its just the visuals you have to work on. Best of luck.
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site is too violent for my or some people's liking and mine is for all audiences. If it wasnt so violent it'd be good and I would probably accept your cross-linking you offered me.

Other then that you are obviously very good with flash and things. I found your site looked good and the only real problem I found was when I tried to view your profile I couldn't see the bottom of it.

You should consider all of Daremedy's suggestions and the 'sex plix' thing was what was really bothering me before. I wasnt sure if I should post about it.

If you do all of Daremedy's suggestions I might change my mind and link after all. I agree with pretty much all of them. I know they seem long to you now but her suggestions are worth it and would improve you site greatly.
  • omirix
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: 127.0.0.1

Post 3+ Months Ago

crazy ads... remove them o_0
  • omirix
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: 127.0.0.1

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh, and the flash looks VERY childish... remove that green !
  • m1k30rz
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Some things are even taking long to load on my 1mbit connection =/
  • yuriythebest
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Ukraine

Post 3+ Months Ago

cool, thanks for all the suggestions, I'm not sure exactly how to implement all of them, but I'l do my best. Special thanks ro Daremedy, who really opened my eyes.
  • PHP_Guru
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Clermont, FL

Post 3+ Months Ago

The Cursor Is Too Small And Too Light.

It Took Me About 45 Seconds To Find Where My Mouse Was, I Suggest Something Bigger. Any Longer, And I Would Of Closed It.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers