SITE REVIEW: Flash Website

• heretic976
  • heretic976

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is the first flash site I have done so bare with me.......

http://www.symmedrx.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey, very nice job here for a first effort! In fact, its a great job.

My only main concerns are that in FireFox, the flash sits on the bottom left of the browser...kind of awkward...I would recommond placing it centered at the top.

Also, the graphic you have at the top of the three medical persons looks to be stretched in some way - not very professional looking. I would find a photograph which is bigger to work with so that you can have a better looking pic for the site.
  • heretic976
  • heretic976

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks mr_darek for the input. I had noticed the pic looked a little squashed. Thanks again
  • markw
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice site! One thing I noticed though is that if I move my mouse over a button in the navigation and the don't click it but move my mouse away and do other things, the arrow stays where I had my mouse over originally and not the page I am at. I don't know if this was intentional. You might want to change that, or have some other way of showing the user what page he/she is at.

Cool music 8)
  • otseng
  • otseng

Post 3+ Months Ago

One interesting flash anomaly I found:
Hover over "More info". Wait until the submenu appears. Move the mouse over the submenu. Then move the mouse back to "More info". Then move the mouse over "Contact us". The "more info" submenu is not erased properly. This bug can be repeated as well on other menu items.

In "Solution->main services->read more", I don't think it should open up another window. Since you are still at the same site, it should be a link to the same window.
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

My first thought, whats with the big gap you have at the top? I can see that the top portion of your flash animation has a lot of white space on top of the menu. Minimize that drastically. Not only does it look like a big waste of space, but it is! Plus once you minimize that gap, you'll have a stronger presence once the user loads up the page. Ditto everything I just said for the bottom portion as well. I can see you've left a huge white space in your flash down there as well. Minimize, minimize, minimize. It'll help the load up time and make your site look better.

Out of personal preference, I disabled sound but still get that (annoying) beep or whatever sound it is when I hover over the links. I wouldnt mind it as much if it were a click, but you've chosen a rather annoying sound, and hovering over the menu selections to browse the options almost sounds like a cell phone ringer gone wild. Either remove that sound along with the sound off option, or use a different tone.

As mentioned, work on the graphics. They're very choppy and obviously not to scale. I would also like to see a little color, to offset all of the white on the webpage. You could start by adding a border around the whole flash animation just to define it a lot more. There's something about it now that just seems unfinished. Fool around with the webpage background, maybe change it to a light grey (#E8E8E8) and that may bring out the flash a little more. But its definitely something to think about.

The site itself is pretty good, definitely a job well done for someone who just started with flash. You've got a lot of potential, thats for sure. In fact, I should've started my review with that exact statement! Great job.
  • TyLLy_4
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • TyLLy_4

Post 3+ Months Ago

i dont know tif the site its good .. but i can tell you somenthing that i think will help ... the flash its not loading for mac computers ... (you have to think for the people that ir against microdoft's imperialism and monopolium ... please bro . i really would like to chek it out .. wel seee ya) :arrow:
  • heretic976
  • heretic976

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for the replies guys. I'm working on some corrections you all pointed out and must say it is nice to have others notice things I didn't. Thanks again
  • FlaFilly
  • FlaFilly
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very professional looking. And yes you just need to put statement for the mouse over to stop when the mouse moves over the next topic. No big deal. Great job!
  • gloryninja
  • gloryninja

Post 3+ Months Ago

very nice site for first flash website, you could imrpove abit but i like the website, you could have more mabey say text the the mina page and make it more better looking if u know what i mean, but everything else is ok good, i like the website, keep it up :wink:
  • flashback10
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • flashback10

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's a pretty good site. The layout is very nice. The only thing I would work on is centering the site and moving it up to the top more. However, it looks like you don't want to move it too close to the top because of your mouseover for "home page". You could possibly rearrange your navigation up top. It's a bit akward how it's so vertical because it creates too much white space around it unless you mouseover. I would work on the left side of the navigation to cover some of that white space.

Overall, great job!

maria-
  • voxunity
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • voxunity

Post 3+ Months Ago

not bad
G.L.
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeap looks good. but my only problem is that huge white space at the top of the page i dont no what it is or what it is suppose to represent but i dont like it.. it wastes alot of space. i like the links and the arrows on the side very nice good job
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice work for a first flash website, but the second I see a loading bar, I close the browser. Nice music and stuff, but too bare. Needs a bit more design - maybe a box for the links and the text to turn off the sound. I think it also needs a volume control box. Anyway, nice website (Way better than what I did for my first flash website!), keep up the good work mate!
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have a 'sound off' button which only turns off the music. A true sound off button should also turn off the clicking menu sounds.
  • PHP_Guru
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Clermont, FL

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice job With The Flash.

I Do Say You Put A Bit Of Effort Into That.

Suggestions:

Make The Header Image Taller, Its A Bit Squished...

Other Than That! SUPERB!
  • jlknauff
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice layout-2 things. I would avoid having music on by default and you have some pics distorted. Otherwise good work - fast load too!
  • mighty b
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mighty b

Post 3+ Months Ago

when im in google searching for something i always tend to skip flash websites as soon as i see the intro loading or some great menu. Im on broatband. I just wonder if many people on dileup have enough patience to wate for everything to load up. Thats why i never went for flash site myself. Well nice site, looks neat. Did not know u had more menues untill i scrolled past them.
  • yuriythebest
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Ukraine

Post 3+ Months Ago

Unlike the other users, I liked the white space on the top - It can be used for adds! The music really made me feel as if I was in the site, I didn't mind the waiting.
  • webshome
  • webshome

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi there,

very nice site, good flash work
  • Jon@Time-waster.com
  • Born
  • Born
  • Jon@Time-waster.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good first start, I use opera and had half a quater of the page filled with just white space, so I couldn't see the text or footer properly, apart from that thought the layout and design was good.
  • spowart
  • Loc: London United Kingdom

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with the comments about the spacing being too low in the page.
Just to let you know I am a mac user and the site is running fine.

Just so you know which browser I am using: Safari Version 2.0 (412)
That is the best browser to use on the mac I would think.

One other thing, I am not sure if you are aware is the on the "Partnerships" page the bullet points are offset and are running into the text.

All in all nice site mate :)
  • susanyip
  • Born
  • Born
  • susanyip
  • Loc: Suzhou, China

Post 3+ Months Ago

It seems there is too much white space on the homepage.
  • spiderden
  • Loc: Tennessee

Post 3+ Months Ago

like the site... you have some really nice details on your site i like it a lot! i was very impressed with the lay out of it! :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 24 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers