SITE REVIEW: FlashOnes.com

• Lori45
  • Lori45

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all,
Just launched a new site and we need reviews for our FlashOnes.com site.

FlashOnes.com allows webmasters and bloggers to add fun animated flash movies.

Check out http://www.flashones.com/ and let us know what you think.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• pixelweb
  • pixelweb
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi..i particularly liked your logo...its impressive..
But i think you need to organize your homepage better so that users get to know what your site is all about right away. I think a few more colorful graphics and icons would spice up the look...a pleasing site nontheless...
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, first things first, of course. Take a look at your 39 W3C validation errors.

At first glance I was expecting some nice rollover effects on your main tabs, but was surprised not to find any. I think putting some basic rollovers on the tabs would make them look much better. Changing the font to something that more closely resembles that of your logo might help as well. Right now it looks like you are using plain old Arial (or something similar) for the tabs, which is kind of boring.

Your Top Movies page doesn't seem to go along with the rest of your site's theme, mainly because the background is different, the main logo touches the top margin, and the content is aligned farther to the left than on your other pages.

Other than that, can't think of much else. I like the simple design. Your content is easy enough to follow and the layout doesn't get in the way of the content. I also particularly like the way you did your FAQ's.

If you need help with cleaning up the HTML (or perhaps transitioning to XHTML...), check out W3Schools.com. It should help you a lot.
  • murcielagossi
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Personally I think the video is irritating with the banjo music...I hate when sites blast music at me...it's alright sometimes...but If I ran into that music/video from Google...I would press the back button immediately. So I would advise you make a link to the movie and possibly the first frame of the video can be displayed and be watched when you press play. Also like spork said...I would make some rollovers.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

A nice site even with those mistakes on it. You need to organize some of the materials out and make the links colorful and add rollovers. Nothing that hadn't being mentioned here before.
  • NTC-Will
  • NTC-Will

Post 3+ Months Ago

not bad. neat and clean
  • felicity222
  • Born
  • Born
  • felicity222

Post 3+ Months Ago

God, this site is beautiful! :shock:

Some of the movies are totally hilarious, and I actually enjoyed reading all this history stuff (too bad it didn't happen in highscool)...

I really fell for the The April's fool day movie clip.

I would like to see a complete list of the featured movies, not only top 9.
Keep up the good work... :lol:
  • vidadeverdad
  • vidadeverdad

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had scripts turned off on mozilla so didnt know what ur site was about when i first entered it.

The sound is too high and perhaps the tune can be changed as I had to close the tab quickly as got annoying.

But...
Really good graphics
  • gozames
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice disigne 7/10
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I forgot my rating, its 6/10.
  • lazyonlineincome
  • lazyonlineincome

Post 3+ Months Ago

impressive website, nice design, not bad!
  • montyt
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

my rating 5/10.
^roll over^ and ^error^ already mentioned.

Sound at the home page is really weaird. i think font size are too big at the bottom and the navigation.

overall looks good
  • montyt
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have shown this site to my office friend.
she gave this feed back
Quote:
i m not liking the fonts, music is...well might be going with the movie playing but its funny
colors blue and pink...the particular shades don't gel
small pink films are a bit too much cud have done without them or shud have made them links
  • histo
  • Born
  • Born
  • histo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site you got there - I liked the concept, the fact that it's free and the graphics are pretty darn impressive.

Things I think you should improve:
- Most people don't know that refreshing the page load a different random movie - this should be mentioned.
- There must be a movie list in order to see all the movies the site has to offer.

Apart from that - thumbs up!

H.
  • NaWTiger
  • NaWTiger
  • Loc: Utah

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's a pretty nice looking site overall.

From the name, I was expecting something more spectacular... like a flash banner with all sorts of things going on.... but I guess that's not really your aim, more aimed on flash movies, I suppose. :)

One more thing I would suggest (beyond what has already been suggested), is to make the pulsing buttons rather more like flash rollover buttons. With them just pulsing, it screams GIF! and though it catches my eye for a bit, I don't find it as fascinating as I do cool rollover graphics.
  • daveyrebel
  • Born
  • Born
  • daveyrebel

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with a lot of what has already been said. I also would think of somehow shortening the amount of wording at the bottom and try to get your service to the centerpiece of the page, either on the side, or above. It doesn't need to be long, but as soon as we get to the site we should know what the site is offering. I like the design and the colors/graphics, and the tabs at the top could use a little boost.
  • Lori45
  • Lori45

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello again,

Thank you all for your constructive suggestions. I'll be updating my site soon enough to correct the bugs and add the features that you commented on.

The thing is - I got many reviews about my site graphics and usability, but almost none about what the site has to offer - Flash clips for web pages.

I was wondering:
Would you or would you not add those Flash movies to your MySpace profile, blog or site? If not - what are the main issues that prevent you from doing that?
- Are the movies lacking something?
- Is the music too annoying?
- Is it technically too difficult?
- etc...

Thanks a bunch! :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers