SITE REVIEW: Flat Earth DesignStudio

• murcielagossi
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Could you guys give me some feed back on my site. The content is mainly filler text but, what do you think about the layout and color scheme. There is only one page because I did not want to go further if no one liked the idea/design. I've made a bunch of sites but none were grayscale...and some people tend to dislike dark sites, that's the main reason I'm asking.

Anyways heres the site:
Flat Earth DesignStudio
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• MrMoney
  • Born
  • Born
  • MrMoney

Post 3+ Months Ago

very nice layout Im very impressed
  • Fabinator
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Fabinator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry, but i don't really like the design. I think it's too dark...
Also too empty and too simple.

It's valid, but i should add a character encoding ;)
  • murcielagossi
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

@ Fabinator

That's what I was most afraid of...the darkness. :) Some people like dark sites and some don't. What would you suggest I do to "shed some light on the situation", no pun intended.

Thanks Mr.Money aswell.
  • rmgr
  • Born
  • Born
  • rmgr

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not very good, I'm sorry to say

Too many images, design is too simple. Colors are missing.
  • murcielagossi
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

What exactly do you mean by colors missing. And too many images, I thought it was to simple? Bear in mind that the body text and overall content is filler material and WILL change, I posted to see how people felt about the colors, but thank you for the feedback. :)
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

OMS! I'm having such dejavu right now ... just this afternoon I gave a review here ... I think it probably didn't go through or something ... sooooo strange ...

Okay, so here we go ... again ...

Firstly you need to preload those rollover images for people like me with slower internet speeds ...

I don't like those buttons you have there for the simple reason that they all don't have left-outlines, except home looks like it does because it's so close to the edge ...

Then where the phone numbers and email etc is ... I feel like you can rather use text there instead of that image, and then you can add a "mailto" link to the email address ... well you can anyway ...

Also in the body, I don't like the black text in between the white text for links, I think underlining could fix that ...

Then why do you display the date in the top right hand corner? ... That seems really unnecessary to me, I can just look on my phone\watch\startbar to see the date and time ...
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

One other thing I forgot to mention is ... please make the link of the page that a user is on another colour (or in rollover state) and unclickable, so that a user does not redirect to the same page he\she is on at the moment ...
  • murcielagossi
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks righteous, I've fixed a couple things...the preloader and the link color & spacing. But it might be a while until I can work on the rest...Thank you very much for the review.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm real impressed with your little preloader you've got there ... cool!
  • murcielagossi
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well thank you Righteous for your contributions...I've fixed all that you have mentioned, except the text contact info, I just sliced the image and made a mailto href for the email. I plan on making a whole contact page so people don't have to use that link...I will give them a nice form and send the email from the server.

Glad you like the preloader, hopefully everyone else will too. :D
  • murcielagossi
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does any one else have any more opinions?
  • Goginski
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Goginski
  • Loc: Alabama

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think it looks real good. I think you are beyond my level. My only comment would be on your header. I like the shadow effect but the flat Earth design part is kinda hard to read. Seems like black on dark grey. Don't maybe could lighten the background of the header or add a small touch of color to make the name stand out.

anyway maybe that helps. Peace out.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

The rollover images still aren't preloaded ... and the preload counter stops before it's supposed to ...
  • murcielagossi
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks I'll try to fix the header...

Hmm...the preloaders not working....I'll have to work on that too. Thanks.
  • Goginski
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Goginski
  • Loc: Alabama

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just thought I would follow up to say I really like the greay scale look. Is really cool what you did with it. Especially like the background in the body of the text.
  • murcielagossi
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks, I like the colors too, but some people just don't like dark sites...glad some people do though.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers