SITE REVIEW: fonts2u

• oliver13
  • Born
  • Born
  • oliver13

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please review this new Free Fonts website http://www.fonts2u.com
Feel free to suggest what to do better :)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the thing that jumps out instantly is that it is not immediately clear what your site is there for until you read the fine print at the bottom.
Quote:
Fonts available at Fonts2u.com are either GNU/GPL, Freeware, free for Personal use, Donationware, Shareware or Demo.
  • HelgaValerie
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • HelgaValerie

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the website looks very messy because of many small elements placed in disorder and TOO MANY contrasting elements (dark blue vs white, black fonts vs white, red in the banner vs white, cyan in the banner in the top, light blue in logo and so on) Many of the colors presented make a rather irritating matc, and it gets emphasized with a bad structure of the page.
The banner on the left side is more narrow that the menu placed above.
  • aburnzi
  • aburnzi

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site looks good, but the use of dark blue is too much. Purhaps use the same colours as your logo. (light sky blue and dark sky blue).

One other thing is it looks exactly like Dafont website. Not that i care about it looking the same cause i would prob browse your website anyways for fonts, but on a design side it looks copyed, even though it mite not be. Try rearranging things around maybe have the logo floated right.
  • Vector
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, i actually reviewed you already in another forum :D. I will say the same thing: the site is clean looking, but looks chaotically structured. I think that if you took the entire options area (font types and menu) and put them in a div together with their own background color that has a subtle difference in color from the rest, it will help to add some visual structure to the page. It just looks like a bunch of options were spat out onto the page, and it takes a moment to realize that they are separated from the content, because there's no aesthetic difference.
  • j666gak
  • Born
  • Born
  • j666gak

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

I'm affraid I would have to agree there is way too much text on the homepage, you need to grab your users attention quickly and keep them interested... there is too much to read.

Really like your logo though, top marks!
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

Could you at least try to make it look a little bit different from http://www.dafont.com that one has been around a lot longer and people are going to recognize that yours looks like a rip with different colors.

If your going to copy a site like that you should attempt to do something better. Make the Nav/Categorization better, cleaner search, something... How about auto suggest in the search or categories and sub categories that are hidden until you need them. Perhaps you could come up with a different way to display the type specimen so that its easier to find the exact font quickly.
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

agree with graphixboy, dafont was the first thing I thought of when I looked at your site. Come up with a layout that doesn't resemble dafont so strictly.
  • Kevinwills
  • Born
  • Born
  • Kevinwills

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site looks...Its ok forme mate,but instead of darkblue you may use some other bright colours and fonts service currently you are running,i found a good site and i bookmarked it for my use.
  • technogreen
  • technogreen
  • Loc: Bangladesh

Post 3+ Months Ago

It seems like messy all around. better if you work some mroe for the design of your website. I like your logo.
  • udunglive
  • Loc: Indonesia

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
I think the thing that jumps out instantly is that it is not immediately clear what your site is there for until you read the fine print at the bottom.
Quote:
Fonts available at Fonts2u.com are either GNU/GPL, Freeware, free for Personal use, Donationware, Shareware or Demo.

but the important is this guy giving us free stuff... and that nice...
  • sara john
  • Born
  • Born
  • sara john
  • Loc: usa

Post 3+ Months Ago

your website is very good and i like it.your fonts collection is very good and i found no mistake in it
  • nixwebo
  • nixwebo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Free stuff is always nice, even if you gotta put in a little legwork. The site looks like it has some potential if you can get it in front of enough eyes.
  • eabramov
  • eabramov

Post 3+ Months Ago

nothing bad to say. useful and nice. especially ffree text field to test a font. thx!
  • whogoes
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • whogoes

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's all over the place. People visit your website to see fonts. Take some of that stuff of and show high rated fonts. Also, give peolpe an idea of what the categorized fonts look like. You are specializing in fonts, so change the fonts of the categories depending on what type of font the category represents.

Put a nice header in a sper cool font that you offer on your site that tells the viewer what your site is all about. And provide the link to that font as well.

Also don't make them scroll down to view fonts. Let font types and styles be the first thing they see.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers