SITE REVIEW: for http://subodh.e2uhosting.com/ "updated

• pclovers
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Nagpur, India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, i hv updated my site with new name (better I think):

Please review the site and give me suggestion to improve it.

http://subodh.e2uhosting.com/

I am newbie in the web-design. I want to make better work than it is. :D
I am thankful for ur every suggestion. :D
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

This thread has been unlocked. Please resume your reviews.
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

*sigh*, where to start? Where to start...? Ok. I don't really know whether it's my internet or not, but it took 17 secs to load the webpage on my comp. The pictures were grey boxes and took about 28 secs to load and the rollover effects are not so good.

Everything goes down. I don't think that is a very good idea. People tend to only read the first paragraph. If it does not leave a good impression, then they're gonna leave. Spread it out.

Quote:
Important Note :
HI, thanks for visiting this site. I have made this site just for providing fundas I found about the computers found through the last years when I starting using internet. I tries at my best to keep the content only of free and Open Source types. I am not responsible for any type of damage to your computer after trying tricks and content found on this site. If you found any type of problem, violation please inform me I will remove that stuff within week. I check my mail weekly on Saturday.

This should be at the top. Since I needed to scroll to the bottom, I would have never seen that.

I also don't think using Word Art makes your website look very professional. I found that in your source code, your buttons are actually "Hover Buttons". That is not a very good idea - because Microsoft Internet Explorer removes it automatically and makes a yellow banner appear with text on it. Most people do not like to enable it. So I suggest you stick with JavaScript Image Rollover Scripts.

I've noticed that you have used the font "Monotype Corsiva". Be very careful with using other fonts apart from "Verdana, Arial, Comic Sans, Times New Roman". I was lucky I had that font, because if you don't, the browser will automatically subsitute that font with another (such as: Times New Roman).

Anyway, this was a very good attempt at a nice web design. Good job and keep up the great work! :wink:
  • pclovers
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks.
I will working out on your suggestion & will make the changes.
Can u help me about :
JavaScript Image Rollover Scripts
and
I have read somewhere(can't remember) there is technique So that visitors need not have tobe font installed on their system. Font appear on page as they are. :D
  • pclovers
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have edited my post. Site has been changed completely from recent one. So, I welcome your suggestions.
  • sana
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: I am back!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google ads are so out of place . Besides the font is hard to read too. Although the banner is good , the sudden orange bump in the banner looks a bit weird. Moreover , the yellow color is a bit painful for people like me ( wearing specs.) so please use gentle colours.
Considering that it was your first attempt , it wasnt bad.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers