SITE REVIEW: ForexHit

• dima777
  • dima777

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello there!

I want to ask your opinion on my newly released website - http://www.forexhit.com. I am using css styles which make in-text links appear red - in accordance with the logo of the site from which the whole color scheme is derived. I wanted to ask is it not hard for your eyes to see the links in red. I will be glad to hear any opinion. If you think that an alternative color scheme (including "hover" attribute) for the links would be a better choice please let me know.

Thanking in advance,

Dima
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

frankly I don't mind the red - it's that default blue that's killing me. change that to a slightly darker red, and use a lighter red for hover.

or change it to a nice dark gray and use red for the hover.

Or change the logo colors. it looks a bit like a hired assassin's logo...... but maybe that's just my sick mind
  • webbmonarken
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Sweden, LuleĆ„

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site is so great.
I love the black on red and the black box on the right that had no content what so ever.
I Instantly bookmarked it and now Iam big fan of yours.
I think you can teache most in here a great deal about webdesign!

Keep up the good work man! :)
  • tasameem
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • tasameem

Post 3+ Months Ago

as a start your website is fine, but you need to work more on it good luck
  • dima777
  • dima777

Post 3+ Months Ago

celandine wrote:
frankly I don't mind the red - it's that default blue that's killing me. change that to a slightly darker red, and use a lighter red for hover.

or change it to a nice dark gray and use red for the hover.

Or change the logo colors. it looks a bit like a hired assassin's logo...... but maybe that's just my sick mind

thank you for your opinion...assassin ad is funny))) I decided to stick to blue and red hover which looks ok...
  • dima777
  • dima777

Post 3+ Months Ago

webbmonarken wrote:
Your site is so great.
I love the black on red and the black box on the right that had no content what so ever.
I Instantly bookmarked it and now Iam big fan of yours.
I think you can teache most in here a great deal about webdesign!

Keep up the good work man! :)

thank you for your kind words!)))) i hope to teach yoou some forex trading tool))
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

The W3C Validator found 31 errors in your coding ... which isn't too bad ... click here to see them ... please note that this is on the "home" page alone and you'll need to check the others yourself at http://validator.w3.org ...

I like your menu up top, that looks pretty cool ...

IMO that black black on the right hand side is an absolute waste ... it makes no sense and it is distracting because it is much darker than the contanet, and darker things will attract the eye on a white page ...

I think it's time to move away from tables ... (X)HTML and CSS is really easy to do and it'll save you heaps of time afterwards ...

I'm going to agree with celandine about the "standard links", they are just too old-school ... adding nice rollovers is really easy and just looks a lot better ...
  • bbidpa2
  • bbidpa2

Post 3+ Months Ago

why dont you change font. You have asimple times new roman.
  • jameson5555
  • Bronze Robot
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have to agree with celandine and righteous_trespasser about the link colors. Default blue, to me, never looks good. Celandine had some really good color scheme ideas...

Also, for the links up top, the rollovers are really nice, but I would bold all the text up there. Typically, it's hard to read light text on a dark background unless it's bolded.
  • P.T. Yevgeniy
  • P.T. Yevgeniy
  • Loc: Rotterdam, NL

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah mate... colours aren't the best you can have... use some overflow colours from grey.... to darker grey.... if you now what i mean.... good luck
  • shmageki
  • shmageki
  • Loc: Portland, ME

Post 3+ Months Ago

This looks like a website from 1995. You need to change the font to something more acceptable by modern visual standards, change the link color, and fix the formatting problem in the footer (the graphics do not align because your copyright notice wraps to the next line in FF).
  • UM_manager
  • UM_manager

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hm..

Logo and navigation are ok.
Content is ok and google friendly.

Why don't you use Adsense?
  • maddd0ggz
  • maddd0ggz

Post 3+ Months Ago

I personally do not like the white and black contrast color scheme. Place secondary black shape on the left side of the homepage screen to create a box though. Creates uniformity for whole site.

I do not like the hierarchy diagram in the Site Map section at all.

Looks alright. I don't know much about Forex...
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi. I didn't read all the other responses, just a few, but here are a few of my comments:

The rounded corners break up really bad on my machine. Windows xp with Mozilla 2.0.0.11 . Not sure if it's browser issue or a tables issue. I think tables. This site could have been done in CSS with ease.

Not enough imagery. Give the people something to look at so they have an idea of what your site is about as soon as they hit the home page.

I don't like the typeface. It looks like everything was set to "default".

The logo is really the most creative part of the site. Use just a little bit of imagination.

Good luck!
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok I like the nice plain black white and some blue colour choice, It looks verry neat and tidy.

The thing that is annoying me is all that black on the right side on the homepage, You could use that to place the links, Or add some affiliates, Just fill it with something :P

Pretty neat site, good luck with it
  • sishomarue
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • sishomarue

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry, but the site looks like something your might find in a pure text browser...with the white bgcolor and the default links, I would recommend you be more daring with your CSS, its use will make or break your site. Good Luck :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers