• miner
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • miner
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

My new directory & resources site

http://www.foruma-z.com

apart from forums directory, it is a place for community administrators and staff members who need help , information and a central place to chit chat about forum related things.

Your suggestions please... :D
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• farmer_Tom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • farmer_Tom
  • Loc: Oaklahoma

Post 3+ Months Ago

A very good idea and a nice design. I think you should move your ad banner to the bottom of the page and center your logo. I think it be great if you let users rate the forums to organize how they are displayed. The freelance link should also open in the same window. I'm often on the lookout for more webmaster forums so I bookmarked your site. Great job!
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site is not right in FireFox, the right column consisting of "Computers, Games, Hobbies, etc" under Browse Category is not within the table it should be in. Make sure you optimize for all browsers, or at least the top-user browsers (IE, FF, Netscape, Safari).

As far as the design, I think the links on the left should include some rollover, particularly a CSS color change to white and perhaps an underline. In any case, some kind of rollover execution would be nice.

Quote:
Forums Directory
Our Forums directory is the best way to find your online community forums of your choice, browse through our directory, large number of forums listed in various categories to choose.

Although you have this copy on your site - I am still a bit confused as to what I can accomplish when visiting your site...the layout does not help reinforce this and since you do not have relevant imagery included, I am kind of left wondering what this site is about even after reading that statement....

Just some things for you to consider and think about, hope that helps...
  • miner
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • miner

Post 3+ Months Ago

mr_darek wrote:
The site is not right in FireFox, the right column consisting of "Computers, Games, Hobbies, etc" under Browse Category is not within the table it should be in. Make sure you optimize for all browsers, or at least the top-user browsers (IE, FF, Netscape, Safari).

As far as the design, I think the links on the left should include some rollover, particularly a CSS color change to white and perhaps an underline. In any case, some kind of rollover execution would be nice.

Quote:
Forums Directory
Our Forums directory is the best way to find your online community forums of your choice, browse through our directory, large number of forums listed in various categories to choose.

Although you have this copy on your site - I am still a bit confused as to what I can accomplish when visiting your site...the layout does not help reinforce this and since you do not have relevant imagery included, I am kind of left wondering what this site is about even after reading that statement....

Just some things for you to consider and think about, hope that helps...

hmm.. i gree the main theme of my site is not mentioned there, and look into the other mistakes..

Thanks mr_darek for your suggestions :D
  • Myth000
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Myth000

Post 3+ Months Ago

You could make it so that people dont have to login to add an url.
I wanted to add mine but I am to lazy to sign in.
  • miner
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • miner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Myth000 wrote:
You could make it so that people dont have to login to add an url.
I wanted to add mine but I am to lazy to sign in.

haha Myth000, :D

I just ask people to register once and will take just 2 to 3 sec only to ensure the site submitted are valid and to receive forum related newsletter which we planned to send monthly once to keep them updated on the latest happenings about the forum world...
  • miner
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • miner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi mr_darek,

I have updated the index page with a short intro about the site check and inform if this is ok...
  • Fara0^
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Fara0^

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the design, not much to say, nice clean colors and everything :)

But yea, make them rank after votes ;)
and maybe you could make buttons (like a topsite) so webmasters could place them on their forums, and get ranked better!

Good luck :)
  • indodependo
  • indodependo

Post 3+ Months Ago

this is a nice i dont really have a fourm really so no use for it now but when i do ill get on there you should submit to my directory at //link removed

//mod edit: please don't spam your site in other ppl's web reviews
  • Jon@Time-waster.com
  • Born
  • Born
  • Jon@Time-waster.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great idea, never seen a forum directory before. Liked the site, havn't got any negatives to say about it. Found some good forums . I may consider adding one to my site now, been to lazy to set one up before.
  • Gorpus
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

miner wrote:
My new directory & resources site

http://www.foruma-z.com

apart from forums directory, it is a place for community administrators and staff members who need help , information and a central place to chit chat about forum related things.

Your suggestions please... :D

i'm using mozilla Ver. 1.5 .. you've got design problems on your home page (categories, resources, top menu). you need to fix it! :roll:
  • spiderden
  • Loc: Tennessee

Post 3+ Months Ago

this is a very well done site... i liked the sites colors... the layout was not bad either... i liked this site so much that i decided to sign up with you... this site is very nicely done and very professional... but if i was you i would change the font size it is hard for me to see them please make it a little bigger.. but everything else was up to top standards.... i give your site an A++
  • atDesign
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • atDesign

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't really like the rule that the forums submitted have to have 50 members (because that eliminates my forums), but I can understand that you only want quality boards added. Still, it'd be nice to have a way to help the smaller message boards get more traffic and members.

I think you could try making the following text bigger, in the banner:

Anything Everything about Forums
Forum Directory+Resources+Freelance+Community

Also, when I first looked at it, I thought I'd be able to click on Resources or Community, etc., and be taken to a page about it.

You might just want to not include the 'Forum Directory+Resources+Freelance+Community ' since it is right above the menu.
  • Elite Skills
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Elite Skills

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry but requiring the 70 by 70 icon is annoying. There's plenty of directories out there that seems to offer much better organization and usefulness. I cant rate this site high, but it looks decent and functional.
  • samp
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • samp

Post 3+ Months Ago

clean and simple, still has FX issues, but overall it seems like a trustworthy site
  • Randoman
  • Born
  • Born
  • Randoman

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with Samp... :)
  • kevsterb007
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • kevsterb007

Post 3+ Months Ago

Everything looks good and clean. It's easy to read. Content is nicely layed out. On your right-hand collumn I wouldn't say "newest" though. Mabe "Lattest"

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers