SITE REVIEW: Forum Teens

• thomase
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • thomase

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.forumteens.com/

A new teen forum, what do you think? Like the skin, like the forums, anything to add, anything to change, anything to loose?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Loc: George Mason University

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like your forum, it seems cool. Are you a teen yourself? Because it would be really weird if your this 30 year old dude posting in a teen forum and all. By the way, I am about to join.because I am a true teen :)
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's a nice skin. Colour schemes pretty good.
  • bluephoenix
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm... while I personally don't care for the color scheme all too much, it's consistent.

Definitely reminds me of Pulp Fiction.
  • thomase
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • thomase

Post 3+ Months Ago

bluephoenix wrote:
Hmm... while I personally don't care for the color scheme all too much, it's consistent.

Definitely reminds me of Pulp Fiction.

It's the pulp fiction theme...slightly modded...also got the res. dogs one, it's mad! It's a bit ugly too.

I am a teen....not a 30 year old dude :P
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2

Post 3+ Months Ago

haha alright...
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Since your forum is pretty new, you should look into phpbb search engine optimization mod's that'll help your search engine results grow along with your forum. Better to install them now and save yourself the hassle down the road. You can dig through the Search Engine/Google threads here to get you on your way. Seeing as the idea of a "teen forum" isnt all that new, you'll have to rely on good search engine positioning and advertising to get your forum on the move. You've modified the generic Pulp Fiction theme pretty nicely though, the forum has a good feel to it.
  • thomase
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • thomase

Post 3+ Months Ago

I will look into some phpbb search engine optimization mod's...thanks for the advice!

And yep, I agree...won't be easy to get it popular!
  • Grant
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

wicked site *thumbs up* i like the fact that you can change the skins and yeh its good i signed and and shall be posting away with my problems (lots) lol but na good site
  • GuideXpress
  • Born
  • Born
  • GuideXpress

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm. new style forum ;)
  • thomase
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • thomase

Post 3+ Months Ago

daremedy wrote:
Seeing as the idea of a "teen forum" isnt all that new, you'll have to rely on good search engine positioning and advertising to get your forum on the move.

to help get members, I'm trying out giving a free CD!
  • thequestioner
  • thequestioner

Post 3+ Months Ago

The color scheme is cool it reminds me of the letting they use in the movie "Enemy at the Gates." I notice one thing there is no just general chatting area(correct me if i am wrong) Their isn't many people yet i hope many people join so your forum can become somewhat like ebaums worlds forum. Very populated. The only one thing i don't like is the red it seems very bright, but i don't no that much about webdesign just a personal opinion coming from another teen.
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

thomase wrote:
to help get members, I'm trying out giving a free CD!

Lol! Nothing like giving away free stuff to attract new members. One suggestion, make that line advertising a free cd more noticeable if you want to make it effective. Make the text bigger and try and single it out more. It looks like part of the ads where its placed now. You should also look into the phpbb referal mod if you want to give current users a reason to invite their friends, I believe ozzu used to use the mod, dont know how effective it was though. So whoever refer's the most people by such and such a date can win a free cd, dont just limit the freebie offer to one person signing up.

... just a quick note, if I were you I'd give some restrictions to the free cd as well, i.e. the value of the cd cannot be greater than $10, where are you willing to ship?, etc etc... Just cover your butt ;)
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2

Post 3+ Months Ago

Any cd you say?
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2

Post 3+ Months Ago

Any cd you say?
  • mahipal reddy
  • mahipal reddy
  • Loc: hyd,ap,india

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like you forum

nice ,all the best

mahipal reddy
  • thomase
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • thomase

Post 3+ Months Ago

any CD, yet I'm going to put some limitations on. IE. no box sets, and no more than £15.
  • Kia
  • Born
  • Born
  • Kia
  • Loc: Warwickshire UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

forumteens has been re-born.

ForumTeens.com

any feedback greatly appreciated :)
  • bookatechie
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Site looks good and you have a good selection of toppics. The hardest will be to get enough users to make it a fun place with all the other forums out there. You might tyr submitting it to somethign like http://www.forumvirus.com, its free and effective. I'm sure there are many more forum archives out there you can try. Good Luck
  • alexmos
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Europe, RO

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the folder icons... the layout is too simple though... try to make it more sexy to get more uswers... mybe hire someone to make some nice interesting posts...
  • Kia
  • Born
  • Born
  • Kia
  • Loc: Warwickshire UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

too simple?
Users can chose from different styles to suit their own tastes.

Thanks for looking :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 21 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers