SITE REVIEW: WO Forums

• Wapture
  • Wapture

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

I started a forum around a week ago and got it setup nicely, got a few hacks in and bought a template that I totally modified myself (nearly everything).

Now, I have finished as to what I think looks good and would pull people in, but would like some personal reviews from Ozzu members and would really appreciate it.

http://www.woforums.com

Would you feel like you want to join the forum and get stuck into it?

All honest help is greatly appreciated.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Abelius
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Miami Beach, FL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK, seems like you are basically building up the competition... But that's great, healthy and I think your site looks awesome!

I like the way you combined the colors, and after my 5th beer I am sure I will read easier what ppl write in there, than even here or on my own site...

But my point is: Where is the design? You mean the template? The tweaking? The custom images for "No New Posts", "New Posts" and "Locked Thread"...?

And why do people have to register in order to view the WO Shop, or the WO Arcade? I can reach the "Script for the Guestbook" on this site (which sucks, btw), without that...!

All in all, congratulations, and I WILL SING UP; but not for the design factor... I will sign up plainly because you were HONEST ENOUGH to say that you would like people "to join the forum and get stuck into it"...

That's what I call having the guts to say it, even at the competitor's office...!
  • Abelius
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK, here I went... I signed up and introduced myself. Your turn to do it at my place... LMAO..

Now, here are the things I would recommend you change if you want to attract more members:

1) I couldn't post a URL until I haven't made at least 10 posts...! I wasn't goingto post mine, but that's a funny thing for a forum where people talk about websites. If you were telling me it's a forum for house-wives and recipes, sure... But a forum for Web Design...? You must be kidding me...!!!

2) Where is the avatar option? I don't want that Japanese looking boy (or is it a boy?) as my avatar...!!!

3) Did I miss it or there is no gignature option? That is -my friend- the primordial thing people actual sign up for. It's called self-promotion...!!!

4) Love the shout box!!!

5) The Quick Reply thing doesn't work unless you click on the button "Post Quick Reply"... Bad, bad, I'm tellin' ya...

All in all, a great job! :)
  • noxealia
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Spring, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, the setup is pretty nice, but I really don't enjoy the colors, but I never checked if there were different themes. If there aren't that'd be nice. Add a black theme.
  • Wapture
  • Wapture

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, all of your comments are great, I will reply to each one of you..

Abelius:

The design was a basic non-color quite grim looking thing but I changed images, modified the code to have things where I thought they looked good..etc

People have to register to view the shop and arcade because: The shop is useless without you registering anyway, and the arcade is all most people go and play, so putting a "register first" on the arcade will atleast make them signup and post to play it.

1.) You can't post URL's until 10 posts, because most signup and just put there link on and don't come back, so I am getting 1 more member with 1 post and nothing else.

2.) I am adding more avatars today being as I had one request for that boy avatar, however if you were to post 25 posts then you would have the option for a custom upload avatar.

3.) The signature option is also available to you when you post 25 posts.

4.) The shoutbox is great I must admit, I'm glad you like it.

5.) I think I might change that to all round reply box instead of clicking a button then.

Thank you for your comments, will help alot.

Noxealia:

We only have one theme, as there are too many hacks on one theme to add to another, to do this would take me days being as there are over 100 new templates to create and over 50 to modify.

Thank you for all your comments, greatly appreciated.
  • Abelius
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cool...

As I like to say: 1 down, 9999 to go... :)
  • Alderak
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Australia, Vic, Melbourne

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love the look, hit me like a brick wall but i do wonder about the topicnames

I read through the first lot and I would think those are the ones you want to hide away as subs is that what your site is really about?. Anyways i love the way you made the design very attractive.

good luck with it

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers