SITE REVIEW: Found It Forum

• found it
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • found it
  • Loc: united kingdom

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi first love the site only found it yesterday.

Ok my site please be kind and i can take the critizism as long you tell me what else i can do...

i've only been doing this for a short while so fire away...

http://WWW.founditforum.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Right, i think you have got an outline of what could potentially be a good site.

Personally speaking i think the white on that blue background on the main page is pretty hard to see. Its not too bad, but it would probably be better if you maybe altered the colour some way, not black but something light just not white.

I also think you should put some sort of visible frames on the main page as all i can see is text spaced out evenly which is fine enough, but i think you could maybe put some sort of lines on the page to show the worded areas are sectioned off.

Onto the forum...I dont particularly think you should allow guests to post new topics or reply to topics. It can lead to people sending anything they want and in effect you will have no control over it, except the ability to delete the posts. In PHPBB you should be allowed to give access to people to view the forums but not reply unless they are a member...thats what i would do (if this were my site).

I like the forum though, i am not sure on the size of the forum titles. Perhaps that could be reduced a wee bit. But the colour on the forum is really good.

Well done though.
  • found it
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • found it

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi thanks for the input.....i see what i can do with the font colour and i see what you mean about the text being placed inside a sort of box....

Im still looking at reducing the size of the the forum topics just need a little more info

Thank you for spotting the fact that guest can post i thought i had already set the restristions up...all done now......

Glad you like it

and thanks again
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

On the main page, I agree that the color scheme is a bit hard on the eyes but it sounds like you're already working on that. When adjusting the colors, the font color for hover over/visited links (I think its maroon) isnt good at all, you're clashing 2 dark colors together, so check that as well. The border just beneath the menu will need some adjusting, you should to get rid of that gap between the columns and decrease the height a bit. There's too much un-used space in the Login and Register box and you may want to align it to the left to keep it consistent with the options below. You could put some borders around those items as well. You'll also want to close that huge gap between the footer and the content above it. Also, if you're using a background image, make it fixed (BGPROPERTIES=fixed) so you avoid a constant shift in background when you scroll down.

In the main forum, all looks good. My only recommendation, the upper left hand logo needs adjusting. You used the same logo as you did in the main site and as a result its a bit squished and the text is a bit blurred and harder to read. Try and customize that image to correct size so it looks a little sharper. I really like the look of the forum though, which is what matters the most for your site!
  • found it
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • found it

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

Thanks for looking and constructive criticism is good to get some feed back..

I have made some changes accordingly, i hope you get the opportunity to have another look and tell me if it is any better......

This is my first site so any help would be appreciated, thanks again for looking.

Sorry i don't understand what you mean by a fixed image (BGPROPERTIES=fixed) its a background gif image i used so if you could clarify i would be grateful.....

I also changed the logo on the main forum hopefully it looks a lot clearer lol unless my eyes are getting old.. :D

thanks again

Found it
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Much better! well done.

Keep it up! 8)
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

You did a great job with the changes! Looks much better. What I meant with the bgproperties, in your <body> tag on the index page, just add the bgproperties attribute to the code. So in your case:
Code: [ Select ]
<body background="mainbox_bg.gif" BGPROPERTIES="fixed" link="#BCBCBC" vlink="#BCBCBC" text="#000000" alink="#BCBCBC">

It will work with gif images. You'll see the difference when you scroll down and you may like it! Other than that, just clean up that border around Login and Register and make it gray to match the border below and you're in business. Keep up the good work.
  • miner
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • miner
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good looking and color combinations is fine now - except for viewing in 600x800 pixels the home page have to be scrolled from left to right to view the contents,,,
  • found it
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • found it

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanx daremedy that looks so much better and so simple to...

thanx for all the positive feedback its good to get another perspective on it.....so thx to all..

Not sure how to get the site in different scales...lol something else i need to research...

slowly and surely we will get there...

thanx again

found it
  • meisam
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Richmond, BC

Post 3+ Months Ago

the site is really good, but you should add some css for text to it, the deafult font isnt that good, you should try something like Vedana or Arial
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very quickly, to make your site adapt to different screen resolutions, what you can do (what I do) is set you table width to nothing more than 700, yours is at 885. Thats a good width that adapts to most resolutions. The more effective way to do it is to use percentages, so <table width="100%"> would size the table to the maximum width of the users screen resolution. It doesnt matter what resolution they are in, it will automatically resize to it. I also just noticed that you'll need to insert you meta tags to make your site search engine friendly. In your index page at the top, where the other <meta> tags are, insert these two as well:
Code: [ Select ]
<META NAME="description" CONTENT="Describes your site">
<META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="Put, keywords, for, your, site, here">
  1. <META NAME="description" CONTENT="Describes your site">
  2. <META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="Put, keywords, for, your, site, here">

Simple simple.
  • found it
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • found it

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi again....daremedy ur a star.......cant thank you enough...seo is doing my head in ...im not on any se at the moment and its not an easy game to get into...

Thanx for the tips i will do that asap....or when i get up....lol

Thanx again......and to meisam i have a look at that 2..

Found it
  • antiladybear
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • antiladybear

Post 3+ Months Ago

After the home page I really like it. Any way to make the home page look more like the other pages? I believe that blue on the home page would look great!

At first also I wasn't quite sure what the website was about until I really read the first page. Maybe a tagline on the header?

Thanks - ALB
  • found it
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • found it

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi

we tried putting blue into the index page but it just kept looking out of place....like a blue box....sat there with a bit of info in it.....but we will still look at other ways...

we regards to the title tag ..hmmmmmmmm i don't at this time know what to do or say about it...ill get back on that one...

thanks for the input

found it :D
  • found it
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • found it

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi i just wanted to sa thank you to everone who reviewed my site and to the guys at ozzu for helping me get a listing in google...

Ok Google hasnt spidered my whole site but its a start.......so i say again thank you for your help....and daremedy some great reviews i only look at a site after reading your review.....some great points always..

Thanx
Found it

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers