SITE REVIEW: Free Boards

• thecodman
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: CT, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, I have just created a new phpb forum/message board hosting site and I am looking for reviews before its set opening date of Jan 1 2004. Please tell me what you think; constructive criticism requested:

http://www.freeboards.tk

Thanks,

The CodMan
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

1. counter show only 24 users ever!

2. I would add a mouse over to the left menu.

3. Did you nik the right hand images from mircosoft.com ?

Apart from that its not bad well done.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I found it easy to navigate and very understandable. It appears you put some thought into this. The simple layout and design is nice. Not overwhelming for a newbie, which is what I suspect you will get for initial members. Your TOS is a little lengthy but very clear. I actually have one person in mind that I may recommend it to after the first of the year when you go live with it.
  • whatlikesit12345
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like it. Did u get someone to help you code it. or did u code it by ur self? How do you do the free boards incase i wanted to make one like that
  • bluedragon
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • bluedragon

Post 3+ Months Ago

very professional looking site.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site design is a template I have seen on my travels, slightly modified but pretty much still in it's original form. I hope you give credit to the original creator and not try to pass it off as your own ;)
  • PluTunium
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Touring the USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The overall website has very nice and soothing colors.

First thing: When I go to the 'Support' Page and then click on 'Support Forum' I get the phpBB installation page. This is not good at all. Anyone has access to this and could damage it easily. I suggest fixing that right now!

Navigation:
The font is nice and goes well with the header. For some reason I dude not like the extruding effect you have on the text. I am stumped on a suggestion for fix that.

Navigation left:
The navigation on the left (hom, about, sign up, features, example forum etc) Is Well done. Just two things, Right below terms of service, that line does not match the other ones, it is thinner. Also below the left navigation, Those dots and pictures are pointless IMO. I say scratch em.

Over all you did a good job on the layout and colors. Well done.
  • cardesign
  • Student
  • Student
  • cardesign

Post 3+ Months Ago

musik wrote:
Your site design is a template I have seen on my travels, slightly modified but pretty much still in it's original form. I hope you give credit to the original creator and not try to pass it off as your own ;)

There is a thing in the bottom right corner for that. Says design by http://www.design-service-pro.com/ and for the site where the template came from http://www.design-service-pro.com/webpa ... _free.html

Take off the counter quickly as they are the worst idea ever especially when they have that value.

Also don't know about you but I wouldn't want to be hosted by someone with a .tk domain name

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers