SITE REVIEW: Free classified ads

• hgv
  • hgv

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please review my Free classified ads site.

http://www.global-free-classified-ads.com/

Thanks for advice.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• alfonko
  • alfonko
  • Loc: uruguay

Post 3+ Months Ago

i didnt like the "free classified ads site" font, it looks not serious (in my opinion ofcourse) The rest of the design looks good but the "new" gift, didnt like that either.

regards
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

First thing, there is a grammar error in your title "Place an free ad" should be "Place a free ad"

The W3C Validator found 94 errors on your "home" page alone ... click here to see them ... and please check the other pages aswell ...

You could disable the link of the page that a user is on, for example, if a user is on the "browse" page, you could disable the "browse" link and make it another colour (or rollover state), this way, users won't redirect to the page that they are already on, and they will know which page they are on at all times ...

Sorry to tell you but that is probably the worst code I've ever seen ... what is all that CSS for? it's way too much ... And you're still using tables which I'm not a big fan of, and you know that tables aren't the way to design anymore right?

Also in your coding there are heaps and heaps of whitespace, linebreaks, indenting (Tab button) and spaces, which makes your users use much more bandwidth than is necessary. Right now, your coding alone is 74kb ... wow! ... let's say that when you remove all the linebreaks and the indenting your total size is 40kb, that means that you save 34kb. Now lets say that you get 100 visitors a day, which makes it 34*100kb=3400kb wasted a day, now in a month you would've wasted 102,000kb of bandwidth just with those white spaces ... So rather remove that and get more traffic ...

The header looks pretty "cheap" in my opinion, sorry but it does, I think it's that fon't that you're using as alfonko stated ...

The images you have for the "products" are really small and real bad quality, that makes your site look less trustworthy aswell ... I don't trust something with an animated gif that looks like it was made by the first computer that Christopher Columbus imported ...

On the "register" page the "submit" and the "cancel registration" buttons don't even have the same font ... that doesn't look very good imo ...

I think I'm just going to stop here ... I have lots more to say, but I think that's enough for now ...
  • P.T. Yevgeniy
  • P.T. Yevgeniy
  • Loc: Rotterdam, NL

Post 3+ Months Ago

e-chaos cant say anything more... and take a good look at your useabillity good luck with your website!
  • wayzee
  • wayzee
  • Loc: pakistan

Post 3+ Months Ago

good site good functions just keep it up
  • motionmountain
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • motionmountain

Post 3+ Months Ago

hgv wrote:
Please review my Free classified ads site.

http://www.global-free-classified-ads.com/

Thanks for advice.

The fornt in the centre: "hottest listings" and similar ones,
is much too small. The font at the far right (links) should also be black.

MM
  • matview
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • matview
  • Loc: http://www.tedjob.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

I created a Free classified ads site http://www.8list.com before as well. Yours is better than mine. The major difficulty is the marketing. It is very very tough to market such type of sites and convince the users to used your site with craigslist and google base in the mind.
  • mathan
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mathan

Post 3+ Months Ago

where is the site map, no anchor tag in logo.
  • jossef
  • jossef

Post 3+ Months Ago

could be improved. but basicaly it is a profissional work.
you can use a bigger pictures with mouse over, the pictures you are using are not clear

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers