SITE REVIEW: Free clipart Web

• vrajesh
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dear Ozzu Users,

We are coming with another website http://www.clipartweb.info

This site is created with excellent CMS Joomla . This site is dedicated to free cliparts, logos and graphics for open source and other web related projects.

Currently we have released many free logos there now.

Please review them and tell us what more we can do with the site.

Thank you,
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• hostingspeeds
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • hostingspeeds

Post 3+ Months Ago

I get an 404 error when trying to visit the site ....
  • vrajesh
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, sorry. Some files are corrupted in the server. The site will be up soon. Thank you,
  • manumiglani
  • Student
  • Student
  • manumiglani

Post 3+ Months Ago

good website
nice logos

you cannot write Sponsors above google ads, you can only write sponsered links or advertisement. it can lead to termination of adsense account

logo names can be more descriptive, you can use some name istead of logo#209
  • WhozWoody
  • Loc: Whittier, NC

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like the 3D art....You have a great look and over all flow is nice also...

Thumbs Up here
  • DiamondTiger
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Podunk, Oklahoma

Post 3+ Months Ago

manumiglani wrote:
logo names can be more descriptive, you can use some name istead of logo#209

That's all that I really noticed to "comment on". Other than that... great looking site! :D
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow...my expectations were exceeded...that's a bad thing in this case.

The domain name makes me think I am about to pull up a page that doesn't have a layout, just a bunch of html stuck together inline with a horrible tiling background image that makes the bright blue links hard to read. Maybe I am exagerrating a little, but the name has got to go. The work on the site is hardly clip art...it is much more professional and I think it deserves a little more credit.

Now for the site:

Home:
- The homepage is bland; it lacks direction. Add in a small description at the top of the page, and make the "recent activity" less dominant.
- Written by administrator makes the site look like a blog or forum, not a website offering professional logos and graphic design.
- The recent activity links on the homepage are poorly organized and lack description. They register immediately as ads to me.
- The word "Home" sitting at the top of the page does nothing for anybody. Get rid of it and move your content up 15-20px.
- The poll options lack uniformity. Get them all in proper case, and organize them from best to worst in a clear manner.
- Showing 2 users online isn't doing yourself a great service. Perhaps hide that until you have numbers to boast about.
- Your title is not descriptive of your website. Giving your site a title will greatly improve search engine ranking and help users manage their tabs or windows.
- Use the HTML entity "©" when displaying a copyright logo, as it will display correctly more often than using the actual ascii symbol. Your copyright at the bottom of the page currently is displaying as a question mark for me.
- The site is just a hair too wide for users on 800x600...why make them scroll when you could easily drop 20px and make the site better for them.

Logos & Search:
- Ick, I do not like these pages at all. They are obviously not custom, and the format does not do them any justice.
- When there is one category, the user should never have to make a click to get into the category as per required currently.
- Add a description to the page that helps guide a visitor.
- Bread crumbs don't really do a lot for your website, as all of the pages are accessible within 1-2 clicks either way.

I focused on the negative as a way to help you improve the site. Don't take it as you should give up or anything, you have talent and the site could be improved to showcase it better.

=)
Corey
  • mytraveltale
  • mytraveltale
  • Loc: New York City

Post 3+ Months Ago

thats a great site. i like the idea. i really like the 3-d logos. I'm looking forward to seeing more logos.
  • death_eather9293
  • death_eather9293

Post 3+ Months Ago

That is a very well made website. It has great logos and is overall very good. One thing i would work on a little is naming them and organizing them because some of the names didn't make sense (to me of course)
Good job....
  • Jeff DeBlase
  • Jeff DeBlase
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
I took a look at your site and it is very colorful. It has a good eye appeal overall. The logo's you offer are good. If I could say anything about your site, i would suggest having a larger selection of logo's with some additional content for your customers to view.
Have A Nice Day!
Jeff
  • vrajesh
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello Ozzu users,

clipartweb.info has been updated with more cool graphics. If you are Joomla or Mambo CMS user , you will find many useful graphics there. Thank you,

Regards,

Vrajesh
  • lobonar
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: somewhere behind a comp with my eye's fixed on it.

Post 3+ Months Ago

well i've been looking at your site and i must say it looks really good on lay-out but if i look at the contents well i personally think its one big google ads page...

regards lobonar
  • vrajesh
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, I agree. As you know i need money for my works. However, i straightly do not want to ask from users who use my cliparts for their personal usage.

I believe one thing that people will surely buy or pay, if it pays to them :)

Thank you,

Regards,

Vrajesh
  • marchese72
  • Born
  • Born
  • marchese72
  • Loc: Anzio (Rome - Italy)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site! :wink:

i like it, but the links and google ads are too close and similar....
  • vijith
  • Born
  • Born
  • vijith
  • Loc: Pune, India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very Well Designed..But lot and lot of google Ads ...Place it on one side.
  • Oli rendle
  • Born
  • Born
  • Oli rendle

Post 3+ Months Ago

bland and a bit boring not much to do :x
  • spowart
  • Loc: London United Kingdom

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site !
If the ads where removed this site would look really good.

I believe if you want to keep the ads on they should be distinctly different from the main core content of the site. Because I struggled a bit to distinguish what was an ad and what was your content.

hope this helps
  • cubechris
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Gloucester, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

On arrivial at the site I felt a bit lost as to what to do next with Google ads all over, I think having them both above and below content is a bit much, and although they may appear to be integrated well , it becomes to much of a task to find the content.

Apart from that the design is very attractive and fluid, and the whole site in general loads nice and quick.

Work on the ads, and improve the quality of writing and it will be away!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 18 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers