SITE REVIEW: Free file hosting site.

• paqizeuk
  • paqizeuk

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've made a free file hosting site, but i would like to have your views onit, ive only just started on it, and i know there shall be many things i can do to improve, so can anyone give any suggestions.

thanks.

http://www.paqizeuk.com
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

up load limit is a bit small, but the protection features are useful. the layout is clean, the only thing that i have qualms about is the limit. if you want to compete with other services such as putfil, imageshack, and rapidshare, youre going to have to do better.
  • paqizeuk
  • paqizeuk

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah, but the problem is my host unfortunatly has an webspace limit of 5 gigs, im planning on switching onto another host very soon, 75 gigs storage, then ill definatly be increasing upload limits, its just my circumstances limiting me.
  • alex1234
  • Born
  • Born
  • alex1234

Post 3+ Months Ago

1. Protection features are useful.
2. Up load limit is a very small.
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think for the purpose your site serves, the layout is good. It's simple and clean and not graphics-heavy so it loads quickly. My only criticism at this stage is that your URL is not memorable. Unless I bookmarked it, I would never remember your URL as a place to upload files.
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh oh, you didn't follow the simple rules, you broke the first one:

Quote:
Please review at least three other sites first and give some constructive criticism regarding their site. Posting replies such as "looks good" or "nice site" will not satisfy the requirement. You must give them something to work with whether its positve feedback or negative feedback.

I am locking this thread until you make 3 useful reviews. If you want people to give you good reviews, you have to in turn give 3 good reviews. By good reviews I mean you must tell them how to improve their site, give them suggestions.

Once you write 3 more decent reviews (you can edit your other reviews, or write 3 new ones) you can PM any online moderator and we will unlock this thread and remove my remarks. If you do not make 3 good reviews within 2 days I will remove this entire post.

Please don't take this personal, we only enforce these rules so it's fair to every user and they all get decent reviews on their sites so in turn you can too.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Topic unlocked, please resume your reviews.
  • paqizeuk
  • paqizeuk

Post 3+ Months Ago

anymore reviews?
  • HitTheFlush

Post 3+ Months Ago

Haha that's a really clean site, I like it a lot. It is basic, so basic infact I believe most people would have trouble remebering it...

I would suggest a small banner of some type, to just spell out PaqizeUK to people, and possibly a "bookmark us!" option.
  • bernkly
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

The website layout is too plain. Seems like homeuser pages to me. Maybe should decorate it more.

10MB files size upload is only average size. Might not be enough for some people. :)
  • kantima
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like it
:o
  • webia
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • webia
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

the website works just fine. I even bookmarked it.

You should try to check for file extensions for photos, and when going to the download link , display a thumbnail or something .
  • Cold Canuck
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Michigan, U.S. of eh

Post 3+ Months Ago

paqizeuk wrote:
yeah, but the problem is my host unfortunatly has an webspace limit of 5 gigs, im planning on switching onto another host very soon, 75 gigs storage, then ill definatly be increasing upload limits, its just my circumstances limiting me.
I hope you made sure that your host has no problems with you making your account into a file sharing operation.

Most hosts have policies about what you can, and can NOT do with your account.

C.C.
  • ready911
  • ready911

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would like to have more space just like alkaspace

but the design is cool
  • dean29
  • dean29

Post 3+ Months Ago

you might wanna make seperate cells for each textbox, and put the description above. even tables makes everything look much easier
  • gulfofmex
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Was hoping to check this out, but I can't see it.
  • thepurplecow
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Didn't seem to work for me. Must be a problem with your hosting as you mentioned earlier. If you need larger hosting very cheaply please PM me.
I'd like to see the site!
  • alexmos
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Europe, RO

Post 3+ Months Ago

This link does not work for me...
  • AandM Hosting
  • AandM Hosting

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the look as well as the layout, the layout is a very common one but yet still quite effective and straight forward.
  • pnetwork
  • pnetwork
  • Loc: Bowling Green, KY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Love the design. Nice colors. Also like that you have free accounts as well as paid. NICE JOB!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 20 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers