SITE REVIEW: Free Matrimonial Website

• SnailDev
  • Student
  • Student
  • SnailDev

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please everyone review my site Url here

http://www.newmatrimonial.com

Please review the site design. Any criticism is welcome..
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

Be careful with those ads... do you really want people going off to shaadi.com or indiamatch.com as soon as they visit your site?

You've got a good start there, but I think that you need to make the site look more professional, clean up the English a bit, and most importantly, highlight what sets you apart from the rest of the desi matchmaking sites out there.

There's nothing wrong with going after a niche market, rather than attempting to be all things to all people. I noticed that all three of your featured profiles are of Malayali people. If it's your intention to target the Kerala community around the world, there's nothing wrong with that. You might end up attracting more people with that approach as well. In fact, if that is your objective, I would also suggest a domain name change, something catchy that will stick in your audience's mind, maybe something like malayalimarriage.com.

Your logo is nothing but stylised text right now. When you have a better idea of what the site is, the audience you hope to attract, what you have to offer them, etc., I would recommend developing a graphic that illustrates and communicates that.

Hth, and good luck.
  • SnailDev
  • Student
  • Student
  • SnailDev

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very sincere comments JustG. Have to read it again!

Now the site is completely free that is why thought of putting google adsense there. It fetch very little though. I can charge people once I have a very valueable database of profiles.

Just launched that is why only Kerala profiles. Still adding more functionalities and stuff. Have got some other states profiles too , as you said I should add other profiles too in the featured line. I am actually working on a code to show random profiles.

I don't want to direct just one location people to it. Don't know how it will go, waiting for responses.

Cleaning up English, Logo thing, all to work more as you suggested. All are my own work, that is why ...

Thanks again for your valuable comments.
  • SnailDev
  • Student
  • Student
  • SnailDev

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thinking of moving adsense to bottom of the page horizontally...
  • onlyican.com
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Hants, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Carm down with the adsence.

Also show something to people rather than register to view.

I don't register on anything till i see something first. this normally means junk mail.
  • SnailDev
  • Student
  • Student
  • SnailDev

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanx for the comment. Thinking about showing some profiles for guests..
  • manumiglani
  • Student
  • Student
  • manumiglani
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are very few free matrimonial websites in india. Looks good nice colour scheme, very good website

1) Does a matrimonial website requires google search engine ?, that place can be used for ads ( left of featured profiles ).

2) what about enabling Searching brides and grooms without Registering ?

3) i think there can be many more keywords for this website. keyword Selector tool

4)Also in Contact Us form there is no error page. anyone can send the form without writting anything, what about making name,email and message required.
  • SnailDev
  • Student
  • Student
  • SnailDev

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for Comments

Yea, I am going to make the quick search free for all. advanced search for members.

Contact form errors, I will correct it. Thanks for a good feedback.
  • wobseek
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • wobseek

Post 3+ Months Ago

featured profile can add more photo, so its width align with the Quick Search

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers