SITE REVIEW: Free Webmaster affiliate program

• pspdownloads
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • pspdownloads

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,
please review our site and the free webmaster affiliate program.
http://downloadsonline.org/affiliates/

the main page of the site is http://downloadsonline.org

thank you.
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey,

Unfortunately I only ever use produts such as Trade Doubler aor Commision Junction nowadays. If you're serious about your affiliate program i suggest you look into integrating your app.

Goodluck.

Cheers, Prime ... :D
  • Birmingham
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Birmingham, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

pspdownloads wrote:
please review our site and the free webmaster affiliate program.

well i liked the old design but was very impressed with the new graphics.

after browsing your site a bit i couldn't help but be off-put by the fact that there's just tooooooo much content on your pages!

i'd be interested in becoming an affiliate if it were quick and simple to sign up and be sure of what's going on, but there's just way too much info on the page.

if you can create a quick walkthrough with 5 easy steps with short and simple explanations, all on one page like you have so far but a lot less content involved, then it would be a great improvement. of course you should keep the complicated version for seo, but make a simple page too if you actually want to get good but busy webmasters signing up :)
  • Snoop1000
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Snoop1000

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with Birmingham. There is too much content on one page. It makes it look complicated, and users will just look at it and then leave because it looks complicated.

Snoop1000
  • pspdownloads
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • pspdownloads

Post 3+ Months Ago

hello Birmingham, Snoop1000
thank you very much for your reply.
i thought providing all the information on the join page helps people understand things better.

now i reduced the content on that page.
i made it a very simple 3 step process.

1) fill the form 2) choose links 3) promote and collect paychecks.

is it ok now?
please visit again and see what more modifications i have to do.
your feedback is most important for me.
thanks.
  • nativejam
  • nativejam

Post 3+ Months Ago

you have lots of content on one page still and to minimize the content even more and to make it not look like a spam site. I noticed that you have made it a 3 step process........which is good.......however there is still a lot of information on one page, and that can overwhelm people, so i suggest that the join page is broken up in to three different pages.

The first page will be 1) Fill the form....then they submit and are sent to the second page which is 2) choose links and once they choose a link and submit they are sent to the third page where they 3) promote and collect paychecks.

Also i think you have too many conflicting colours as part of the design......maybe try using contrasting colours or at least a couple of colors with some unity throughout the page
  • RFR Web Design
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • RFR Web Design
  • Loc: West Lawn, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site looks pretty good. Too many different colors for my taste, but the layout seems fine. You include all of the relevant information, but too much on one screen could be confusing to the user.

All-in-all, good job.

http://www.rfrweb.com
  • pspdownloads
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • pspdownloads

Post 3+ Months Ago

hello nativejam, RFR Web Design,
after reading your suggestions, i have entirely modified the colors and reduced the content on the join page.
now it has few colors
and the content is simple to understand.
please have a look again and suggest me what more modifications i have to do.
thanks a lot.
  • lake
  • lake

Post 3+ Months Ago

Too many colors if you ask me. Also my firefox colors your nofollow links. Colors are very strong and I don't feel they tell me something. Sp much green doesn't really fit the rest.
  • dh
  • dh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Too complicated I have no idea where to go. Work on making the one thing you ant people to do most stand out because as of now it's overwhelming. YOu should have 1 unique selling proposition i'm not sure what it is :D
  • pspdownloads
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • pspdownloads

Post 3+ Months Ago

lake wrote:
Too many colors if you ask me. Also my firefox colors your nofollow links. Colors are very strong and I don't feel they tell me something. Sp much green doesn't really fit the rest.

i dont know why your firefox colors the nofollow links. i think it is related your settings. i have checked the site in firefox in my computer and it is alright.

i have modified the colors as you have suggested. please have a look again and tell me if i have to reduce the colors even more.

thanks for your review.
  • pspdownloads
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • pspdownloads

Post 3+ Months Ago

dh wrote:
Too complicated I have no idea where to go. Work on making the one thing you ant people to do most stand out because as of now it's overwhelming. YOu should have 1 unique selling proposition i'm not sure what it is :D

I guess you have visited this page: http://downloadsonline.org/affiliates/

at the beginning only you have the join form.
above it is the message in bold words:

"Get a FREE Online Clickbank Mall just like DownloadsOnline.org & Earn up to 75% Commission on 5000 hot selling Downloadable Products!"

and below the join form you have a message that says: read FAQ for more details.

also now i have made it a 2 step process. 1) fill the form 2) promote your mall and get paid.

thats all.
i think there is nothing complecated in it.

if you still feel it complicated, please suggest me what modifications should i do to make it more simple.

thank you for your review.
  • XboxFan
  • XboxFan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Filling in the form as U have said is easy… just a two way step… but after reaching the main site… it becomes complicated … just a suggestion if u can do something with the font… it wuld be really good… as I feel the font is too small and looks all scribbled together… well its just a suggestion :)
  • pspdownloads
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • pspdownloads

Post 3+ Months Ago

XboxFan wrote:
Filling in the form as U have said is easy… just a two way step… but after reaching the main site… it becomes complicated … just a suggestion if u can do something with the font… it wuld be really good… as I feel the font is too small and looks all scribbled together… well its just a suggestion :)

hi XboxFan,
i have followed your suggestion and increased the font sizes of all the text on the site.
the site is an online mall and the purpose of it is, webmasters or affiliates can earn money if visitors purchase anything from the mall.
after joining my site, webmasters just need to place a link to the home page of the mall on their site. thats all.

i think there is nothing complicated as you wrote.
i think i haven't explained this simple thing on my site.
ok. i will make it clear on my site.
thanks for your suggestions.

i wish to make it better than what it is now. so all of you please suggest improvements.
thanks again
  • recep
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • recep
  • Loc: www.loanus.info

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice Site, tyhanks.
  • WestPoint
  • WestPoint

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm having a dense night, but your site is kind of confusing to me. I went to the examples page and when I clicked on an example link, got lost on downloadsonline.org... you might consider making those links open into a new window.

Also, something that I'd like is a search that allows me to exclude material (e.g. horse racing without 'betting' I didn't look very long, but maybe that can be done in the nickname setup.

Another nice to have option might be a maturity rating so that explicit material can be excluded for people that can't have that sort of stuff on their web sites? Again, maybe that can be done when setting up the nick name.
  • gozames
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like proffesional web site nice collors and content.But i think you must not post on main page all content make menu and past there link about affiliate program i think will be better.
Nice work
  • wincyclopedia
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • wincyclopedia

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is something about the light blue and orange together that gives off a feeling of "cheesiness"

As others have said there is a lot of content on the page.

I would go for a much cleaner look.
  • chrisinbc
  • Student
  • Student
  • chrisinbc
  • Loc: Victoria, BC

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think this page looks really good and professional. It looks like you have explained everything really clearly to the website visitor. I like it how you prompt the visitor to go to the next page if they want more information. Good job overall.

Chris H.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 19 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers