SITE REVIEW: Free website monitoring and web analysis

• Sourcio
  • Sourcio

Post 3+ Months Ago

We want to present our webiste http://mon.itor.us for review. Appriciate your comments, suggestions, critisism.

MON.ITOR.US [http://mon.itor.us] is a leading provider of free global monitoring of websites and networks, which provides complete visibility of key performance indicators of websites, web applications and other network resources and reduces the risks of loss of revenue. The service offers error detection, alert notification, detailed uptime and performance reports, real time snapshot views, and visitor tracking. It currently has over 3500 users and monitors over 15,000 sites.

Sourcio [http:www.sourcio.com] launched MON.ITOR.US service in March 2006 during the gigantic CeBIT, IT Expo in Hanover, Germany. Sourcio is a privately owned IT service company specializing on open source and e-business solutions.
  • dtchucuoi
  • Born
  • Born
  • dtchucuoi

Post 3+ Months Ago

The Design and layout is good. It's a good idea that we could move the windows around. The only downside is that I couldn't go back to the main page after clicking on "Click to Start"
  • CircleOfLinks
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like the id, and i also like it how you can move the boxs around but how do i go back to the home page?
  • Sourcio
  • Sourcio

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for comments. Actualy you get to your working page when you "Click to Start". The first page is introduction, while your home page will be the page that you yourself "arrange". You can add and delete "windows". You can add and delete pages, add tests, and see the results. You activate all these functions from clicking on "start" button.
  • projectanswer.com
  • projectanswer.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just the creative domain name should get you some kudos! The color scheme is a bit too bright for me, but I think that's more a personal preference. The color scheme works well and is consistent. Good work!

Sourcio wrote:
We want to present our webiste http://mon.itor.us for review. Appriciate your comments, suggestions, critisism.

MON.ITOR.US [http://mon.itor.us] is a leading provider of free global monitoring of websites and networks, which provides complete visibility of key performance indicators of websites, web applications and other network resources and reduces the risks of loss of revenue. The service offers error detection, alert notification, detailed uptime and performance reports, real time snapshot views, and visitor tracking. It currently has over 3500 users and monitors over 15,000 sites.

Sourcio [http:www.sourcio.com] launched MON.ITOR.US service in March 2006 during the gigantic CeBIT, IT Expo in Hanover, Germany. Sourcio is a privately owned IT service company specializing on open source and e-business solutions.
  • heck0045
  • heck0045

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is quite the undertaking -- I am curious about your reveune model, and am assuming it is ad-based? I'd be hesitant of mixing the cheq. and the english pages together...? I got a little lost using the right hand side navigation bar.

Another odd thing is the relatively major design shift from the homepage to the subpages -- the beige color is gone and replaced with white on the features page, for instance. Also, the top banner of google ads might be a turn off for newcomers on these subpages.

All said, however, this looks like one impressive undertaking.
  • Sourcio
  • Sourcio

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for comments. Yes, service subsidize partially by ads. But we also provide professional monitoring for corporate clients. Premium services and more frequent monitoring will be launched in March 2007.
  • lookzovt
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • lookzovt
  • Loc: Ciechocinek/Poland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very useful tool. I like, this is free, monitor site from different countris (US, AT, DE). Really nice site design, especially colors.

I have only little problem to go back to main page when looking at monitoring tool.
  • doogers
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • doogers

Post 3+ Months Ago

You did a great job of picking colors for your website. However, when I clicked on a link it felt like I was going to a totally different website because there were no colors after the link.
Overall, I feel like you did a good job.
  • kailyn_morgan
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • kailyn_morgan
  • Loc: london

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

As far as I can remeber I think I took the most time to analysis your site. It looks pretty good to me and from SEO point of view even it is very good and doing quite well.... :)

BUT as per from the user point of view I found it to be very confusing and clusterred. Also, the navigation between your different web apges is very poor which is not at all good both froma user point of view as well as from SEO point of view. :( (the only drawback i saw from SEO side, bcoz the crawler shld also be given way to come and go to all the pages of all your website.. whereas u just hav one way entry system and a person once entering in one room of your house cannot come back to the main hpuse unless they go out .. inshort u just av the main dorr entry for your site and no entry to main house from the inner rooms fo your site...)

hope u got the idea that I am trying to convey to u through this messgae.

also, please understand one thing.... www or internet has got a lot of space and it is not like physical houses where u hava limited space. please use this space freely and nicely instaed of clusstering all your data in a small space which looks ugly from user point of view.

If you require any more guidance on the same you can contact one of my friends Alexis Distiny and she will be able to guide u better in this prospect. Her email id is alexis.distiny@gmail.com

All d best for your future.

Cheers,
Kailyn Morgan
http://www.epurplemedia.co.uk
  • tigerisbest
  • tigerisbest

Post 3+ Months Ago

seems to be very professional designing but why dont u use animation
make more text content instead of images
but happy to see that its free monitoringsite
  • Sourcio
  • Sourcio

Post 3+ Months Ago

MON.ITOR.US is a on-line service, not just a website. What you can do, is to add tests, reports, visitor tracking, etc. It is useful if someone has a website and wants to know how effective is it, whether it is available, and perfoming well, how many visitors it has daily/monthly.
  • plumsauce
  • plumsauce

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've been to the site regularly in the past, but never for review purposes.

So, looking at it more carefully, I found that there was an artifact that remained after the page load, namely "Loading javascript..." in the upper right corner.

The home page also jumps around a lot while rendering. You might not see this on broadband, but it is definitely noticeable on dialup. The usual fix for this is to give hints to the browser as to the sizes of the elements.

The blog page also failed to load many of the graphic button elements.
  • donalduck_sg
  • donalduck_sg
  • Loc: Singapore

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like help section.
Its complete but data presentation is too much in one page with weak in navigation
  • Snoop1000
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Snoop1000

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think there might be a little too much on one page. It's a good layout, though.

Snoop1000
  • cgshelf
  • Born
  • Born
  • cgshelf

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your design looks cool.

When I clicked on more button in article section, it took me to page 'http://blog.mon.itor.us/?cat=6'
  • Sourcio
  • Sourcio

Post 3+ Months Ago

MON.ITOR.US empowers the open source community through its Monitis.org portal by offering an open API (Application Programming Interface) and open sourcing its components. It is providing toolsets and a location to manage and distribute new community developments in order to benefit all MON.ITOR.US users. The Monitis.org portal is designed to be a primary destination for collaboration, advancement and innovation in the systems management and monitoring area. Developers are encouraged to build new extensions, modules, as well as localized or specialized applications. In addition, MON.ITOR.US opens the source code of its widgets which enables developers to learn and enhance them collectively.
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've merged your two topics. Please don't start a new topic if you already have one.
  • Sourcio
  • Sourcio

Post 3+ Months Ago

mon.itor.us released new front page. Besides new design, the front page now has links to “Easy Start” wizards, which makes easy even non-technical and novices users to use the services. It currently has 3 wizards for adding External Monitoring, Internal Monitoring and Web Site Visitors Tracking. It opens a wizard right on top of the page, and user can register or login and use the tool within 2-3 minutes.
  • webia
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • webia
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

what can I say about it other than. Keep up guys.
PS: I am using mon.itor.us for about 2 months now. If you could improve and shrink a bit the ping interval I'll adore you! :)
  • Omega17
  • Omega17
  • Loc: Allen,Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Too much stuff on the Front Page ,Layout is not the best ,but statistics design is very good.
  • Sourcio
  • Sourcio

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can evaluate the new design at http://mon.itor.us
  • dannybull
  • dannybull

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've used this site before and found it ranks as one of the best free services so far.

Good work.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 23 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers