SITE REVIEW: freelancernow

• Loucon
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

We have created a freelance website called freelancernow.com. We are trying to appeal to web programmers and developers, making the site fun to use while maintaining professionalism and interest. We tried to make it as easy to use as possible while maintain a powerful, robust feature-filled service management gateway.

Just want have some opinions before we launch the site completely.

The web address is http://www.freelancernow.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• fusionfx
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • fusionfx

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi
your website index seemed quite nice but as soon as i clicked on the link that links to script installation i came across an error stated below:

Notice: Undefined property: bids in /home/dbpond/public_html/freelancernow/includes/project.class.php on line 56

This will have to be dealt with first or else it may piss of visitors.

Hmm but your site is good for programmers.[/img]
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

that is an interesting site. wat are the projects are the like scripts or tutorials something like that.. but yeh once you have users that will be a very good site, maybe a forum might be a good idea wen u have users.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

Loucon - please do not post your topic in multiple forums. I have removed your other topic for you. Also, please reduce your signature to no more than 3 lines and 2 links. thanks.
  • jordan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • jordan
  • Loc: uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like the colours and the layout. Would perhaps change the logo tho
  • Loucon
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

We redesigned the site to be much more stream lined. we added a few features in the members area. Please let me know what you think.

We thought the logo could use some work so we posted a project asking if anyone could design a better logo for us.

We would also like to know if you were a freelancerworking for money and you came across [url]www.freelancernow.com[url] Would you register to [url]www.freelancernow.com[url]. if not may we ask why?

Our goal is to make service management system that would be powerful yet easy to use.

This is the project if anyone is interested in making some money.

http://www.freelancernow.com/projects/14/
  • snicksnack
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site has a nice and clean design, it is just a pitty that there are currently no porjects on it. Good luck with the project.
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's a good idea for the site but you will really have to work on your SEO if you want to get enough hits. THere is already alot of competition. I'd suggest studying your competitors and trying to improve on what they offer. Market your site!!!

I don't like the index page. First thought that came to mind was a search engine. I understand that you are missing a logo but if you could set up the text logo someplace else to make it more obvious and improve on the display of your sections I think it would be a more appealing site. Instead of listing all the sections, you need to have an intro paragraph describing what your site is all about. Then maybe have a join or login option then have a common navbar set up either on the top or side of your site where users could click to go to sections. Either have drop down menus for the sub sections or have the sub sections open up in the content area of the page once that section would be clicked.

It's important to advertize your site as much as you can since when you publish you won't have any posts in any section. You need to find creative ways to encourage users to post either a reply to a job or a job on your site. Otherwise you'll get lots of hits but everyone will leave as quickly as they came when they see there are no job postings for them,

Like I said, it's a good concept but it's not a new one. So you have to rise above the rest, good luck!
  • ranoo
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • ranoo

Post 3+ Months Ago

please tell me what script do you use?

thanks

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers