SITE REVIEW: FREELANCEWELL.COM

• freelancewell
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • freelancewell

Post 3+ Months Ago

We have just introduced http://www.freelancewell.com

The site is re designed and already having around 500 members .

I will apprecite all your feedbacks .

As a thank you , i will deposit $5 for each person who reviews the site and signs up free.

Waiting for your reviews...

i will appreciate on the following topics:

-ease of use

-design

-intent of use (would you plan of using frelancewell?)

-suggestion for improvements
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Syber
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

it doesnt align properly for me in IE or mozilla...layout looks nice and i like the rollover to the pic buttons..
this will help you with the html..it will show you if you have errors
http://validator.w3.org/
  • priyanka-m6.net
  • Student
  • Student
  • priyanka-m6.net
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Even for me, it wasn't properly aligned on IE. Instead of white and grey background why don't you use some other color,as your text background is also white.Even the "How it works" page is also not properly aligned. Otherwise it's a good work.
  • r0Gu3
  • r0Gu3
  • Loc: . : T-Dot : .

Post 3+ Months Ago

hiya ...

u might want to double check u're pages ... look for these at the bottom :: "YourCompany © 2004"

e.g. page :: http://www.freelancewell.com/whatwedo.html
  • Indulge
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Indulge
  • Loc: Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site. Looks good to me. What stung my eye though was that you used Jpgs for the red rollovers. Messes up the edges arount the fonts pretty badly for me. Try gif for Font on plain color.
Aside from that...great!
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

I won't mention things other ppl have already :

Also, I don't know if it's such a good idea to have your main navbar set up in the middle like that, it kinda gets lost in the rest of the content. You want it to stand out since it's ppl will reference to. Either put it on the top, bottom, left or right it would make it look less cluttered and more professional.

Try rearranging your content on your home page. It's pretty busy page. Not that busy is necessarily a bad thing, but my eyes didn't know where to focus first. That's not a good thing. Make your most important point the most obvious to the eye then work your way down the list.

Try making your site scalable/resizing your graphics, I am getting horizontal scrollbars on certain pages

You've got your text centered on the overture page. Try removing that. It doesn't look right and that could also be making your graphic shift over causing horizontal scrollbars. If you align everything to the left you'll have a cleaner more professional looking page.

On your buyer's sign up page, the layout changes completely. Try to keep things consistent. If you're taking the consumers to a different server all together let them know. Same problem with the Search page.

I'd decrease the font size a bit. For your numbering system on the "how it works" page, they aren't very legible. Try using numbers for a bulleted list instead. <ul type="1"> etc.

I'd say ditch that grey strip you're using as a background. Either fill your entire background with that colour or don't use it. It looks silly as just a strip in the middle of the page.

DOn't forget to alt your image tags ;)

How come you don't have any meta data?

I wouldn't use the inline font style tag. Stick to declaring your fonts and other styles in your CSS in the head of your document. Right now you've got both being declared. One inline and one in the head. They cancel each other out. Stick to one. If you want to have more than one font show up then set up classes.

Hope this helps :) keep it up!
  • awilkins
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Even tho it is plain it does work, welldone!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers