SITE REVIEW: FreeMotivations.com

  • BooMoto
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • BooMoto
  • Posts: 40
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guy getting back in the game, been awhile so I've started a new site at freemotivations.com tell me what you think of it
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 23455
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I fixed your link but your site isn't working
Quote:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, support@fatcow-inc.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
  • BooMoto
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • BooMoto
  • Posts: 40
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
I fixed your link but your site isn't working
Quote:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, support@fatcow-inc.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.



give it a hour or so, my server is down at the moment:S hopefully it will be back up soon, nothing i can do about it :S
  • BooMoto
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • BooMoto
  • Posts: 40
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok server is back up:D
  • jammer2552
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 139

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not much of a site... nothing really pulls me in when I have lolcats. Seems very early '90s.

How about making the home page display a random image? I refreshed several times and it stays on the "Retards. We all know one." image.
  • BooMoto
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • BooMoto
  • Posts: 40
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

jammer2552 wrote:
Not much of a site... nothing really pulls me in when I have lolcats. Seems very early '90s.

How about making the home page display a random image? I refreshed several times and it stays on the "Retards. We all know one." image.


yeah i will try and see if i can come up with something that will selected a random image, but yeah this site is made from scratch so it will seem basic but might get a little more advance but i'm trying to keep it clean and 100% error free but i will defiantly try to get some random images going
  • BooMoto
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • BooMoto
  • Posts: 40
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

actually i might make the home page have some sort of flash thing that has to be related to the posters, it could be cool but i'm downloading cs4 so gotta wait a couple more hours lol
  • BooMoto
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • BooMoto
  • Posts: 40
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok i have added the random image, however it will just be for 1 category and i can change that every couple days or so
  • jammer2552
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 139

Post 3+ Months Ago

Aye, much better with the random image. :)

Interested to see how the flash will work out.
  • BooMoto
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • BooMoto
  • Posts: 40
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

jammer2552 wrote:
Aye, much better with the random image. :)

Interested to see how the flash will work out.



haha ya, still don't have an exact idea with it but i think there will be a few elements of flash, god haven't coded in Action script in a year..... they still on action script 3.0?
  • jammer2552
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 139

Post 3+ Months Ago

You're probably familiar with ActionScript 2.0, but yes the current one is 3.0.

Just don't go over the top, watch load times, and provide a fallback for those without flash and it'll be fine.
  • BooMoto
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • BooMoto
  • Posts: 40
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

jammer2552 wrote:
You're probably familiar with ActionScript 2.0, but yes the current one is 3.0.

Just don't go over the top, watch load times, and provide a fallback for those without flash and it'll be fine.

i made a few games in AS 3 so i use to know it hahah
  • pretten
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • pretten
  • Posts: 9

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its a site that got full of Google Adds , thats what I see..
  • BooMoto
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • BooMoto
  • Posts: 40
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

pretten wrote:
Its a site that got full of Google Adds , thats what I see..


thats a real helpful comment.... and google adds help pay for the server...... and i have 2 banners of adds per page which even this site has...
  • OmMEGGA
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 18
  • Loc: Allen,TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

Website so-so. I like dark templates but they have to look totally professional. If you want to have all dark/black website ,don't use pure white font. Something closer to caramel color will keep visitors eyes from hurting.
  • nirgame
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • nirgame
  • Posts: 6

Post 3+ Months Ago

The font used is a bit intimidating. can you tone it down?

Post Information

  • Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests
  • You cannot post new topics in this forum
  • You cannot reply to topics in this forum
  • You cannot edit your posts in this forum
  • You cannot delete your posts in this forum
  • You cannot post attachments in this forum
 
 

© 1998-2014. Ozzu® is a registered trademark of Unmelted, LLC.