SITE REVIEW: FSCproductions.net redesign

• jfrasier
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Palm Beach Gardens, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well it has to be around 7 years since I have had time to actually update my site. The main concerns by most visitors is how hard it is to actually find all of my work, the navigation was to small etc.

So I have redeveloped the site. Making it much easier to access my portfolio pieces. Although at this moment, the site is about 75% done, I think it would be a perfect time to get some feedback.

The original site:

http://www.fscproductions.net

The new design (until launch):

http://www.fscbeta.net

Don't worry about being gentle, I really would like all honest opinions 8) .

PS: I all ready know that the Flash design has the wrong header graphic. Haven't changed it out yet.

JF
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Spring Hill, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice page, you might want to work on your traffic rank. 10,000,000+ alexa is NEVER good. Do you know what alexa traffic rank is??? Have you heard of Pagerank? It's how google measures the quality of your page.. you might want to work on that as well. I do like the new color scheme though, bravo! The structure of your html is very nice too, good job. :mrgreen:
  • jfrasier
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cad, I know more about page rank and google placement then you will ever know. So don't try to play that game with me. As I mentioned in the other string you commented on, this is a beta site hence the BETA.

Have you ever heard of robots text? Or possibly not having the engines index your site until it is ready?

I don't mind being critiqued, but not by someone that is basically spamming his thread to get keyword recognition.
  • scientia
  • Born
  • Born
  • scientia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice..
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the new design over all. However, that blue on each side of your page doesnt look like it fits in with the rest of your design. Same with the navigation inside of the blue.

I'm not exactly sure what I would do though. I'll think it over and see if I can come up with anything.

Overall I like the struchure of your site.
  • jfrasier
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks spoof, any ideas on the left navigation would be appreciated. Eventually I was thinking of some nice buttons, but I have been so focused on trying to get my content in there in between paid work.

The blue is kind of iffy for me as well. I was actually thinking to change that middle color with each subject (ie: blue for web, another color for graphic design, and green, of course for video compositing).

What do you think of that idea?
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

That would be a cool effect, you might try to make the colors lighter. I think its the really dark color that's throwing it off. If it were something lighter it might blend a little more.
  • theBruney
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think with the colours, the edges appear a bit harsh. It's fine otherwise.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers