SITE REVIEW: Full screen flash site.

• imnsi
  • imnsi

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please visit our new full screen flash website.

http://www.roundedvision.com

We are interested in your feedback.
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

Where's the link to the non-Flash version? You do have a non-Flash version, don't you? =]

- Gita
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

Not a bad site :D You don't see many full screen flash sites although I suspect there maybe a reason :?

On the negative side each page loads a bit slowly, the ROUNDED VISION logo starts to get a little irratating also, I'm using 1024/768 resolution and whilst your website displays perfectly within my screen :D I struggle to read the page text. Maybe worth increasing it 1 - or maybe I just need glasses :cry:

Good luck.

Cheers, Prime
  • petals_28
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • petals_28
  • Loc: Delhi

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

As per my understanding:
-------------------------------
1) The site is really good with a very good color combination.

2) Everything is in the right place. All the menus are well decorated

In all its realy good

3) But the only problem i have found is ur font ....... its realy small and not clear.

Bye for now

Dips
  • ryguy4377
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • ryguy4377
  • Loc: U.S.A.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice site :) (by me, that is :-))

I especially like the blur effects for the images...only thing I might have done differently, just in my opinion because I think it might make it look better (although it really isnt a big deal anyways...), is instead of going from sharp to blurry, maybe start somewhat blurry and then, when the cursor hovers over it: make it become a sharper image.

All in all, good job. :D
  • graffio77
  • Born
  • Born
  • graffio77
  • Loc: Italy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice work..i like it :)

Keep it up!
  • masterchief4
  • Born
  • Born
  • masterchief4

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great flsh site! The only thing i wish u could change was you have to click the screen to use or activate the flash areas. It might just be my computor.
good luck!
  • tony
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • tony

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi

i'm viewing in safari on a mac/broadband and can't get past the first page. looks promising but...

may just be a temp glitch but might be worth checking

tony
  • brd1984
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • brd1984
  • Loc: Chester, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

With it being a full flash site, with no alternative viewing option it does not allow screen-readers to 'read' the site. A visually impaired person would not be able to navigate and listen to the content.

I think you definitley need to have an option to view the site in either html or maybe just a text version.

Also how well does it bode with search engines?
  • onlyican.com
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Hants, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree, you need a Normal HTM Version

I also agree with the text, My eyesight is excellent, I have my monitors set to 1280 x 1024 and I can not read the content text

Reasons you also need an HTM version is for GOOGLE. Search engine bots can not read Flash yes, it just blockes it out
  • brd1984
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • brd1984

Post 3+ Months Ago

onlyican.com wrote:
Search engine bots can not read Flash yes, it just blockes it out

I agree, i think you can limit search rankings drastically by just relying on page-titles and meta data (which is becoming increasingly redudant). You need readable text content to have any hope with Google.

On the disability point again, if you were based in the UK, you would be breaking the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 by not allowing visually impaired users to access your site. :? :shock:
  • onlyican.com
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
if you were based in the UK, you would be breaking the Disability Discrimination Act 1995

That law only applies to UK Based websites where a "Visualy Impared" person will be trying to view the website. For Example Business, or Disability Help Services.

If My Memory serves me correct (which it doesn't always)

The Act is something like
"Under the Disability Rights Act, any service which you as a company have for your customers must meet Website Disability Rights."

Meaning, if you say to your customers, go online, and get 50% off, but a "Visualy Impared" person can not go onto the website, for any reason (flash for example)
this breaks the act

A personal Profile website does not fall under this catagory
  • brd1984
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • brd1984

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
That law only applies to UK Based websites where a "Visualy Impared" person will be trying to view the website. For Example Business, or Disability Help Services.

A personal Profile website does not fall under this catagory

The website that is being reviewed is a business and therefore falls into this category.

In my opinion all websites need to be accesible to everyone as everyone has an equal right to view or 'listen' to information that is available. :D
  • onlyican.com
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

The business does not offer anything specail online, it just means he will loose business. I studied this act. I am Disabled, so i am not descrimating. I Agree, all sites should be friendly to Blind, Hard of Seeing. And Death people, all these sites having sounds.

There is talks going on with Disabled Committy Members, to set a law in the USA as well. So all people with Flash Only Sites. You have been warned.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers