SITE REVIEW: Fun portal

• goranbaxy
  • goranbaxy

Post 3+ Months Ago

hello,
I would appreciate any review on my site, it's multilangue site, if I have any spelling or any other error pleas let me know, also I would like to know do you like the design of the site,
thanks!
link: Fun Portal
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• iliya428
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I use FireFox
1. Contact form overlaps with right column
2. Language icons (flags) are wrapped, I think you wanted them to be in a row
3. Menus contains content references, if you are going to add more content, it will be inconvenient to browse.
4. When I'm going to look at a picture, properties box text is out of borders
5. Search doesn't work. You have a page named Angelina Jolie, and search by "jolie" returns no result.

And finally, you must remove YouTube content according to:
http://www.google.com/support/youtube/b ... opic=10551

Also it looks like you have no permission to publish the most of photos.

Your site may be removed from adsence for copyright violation.
  • goranbaxy
  • goranbaxy

Post 3+ Months Ago

iliya428 wrote:
I use FireFox
1. Contact form overlaps with right column

I know that, I'm now fixing this!
iliya428 wrote:
3. Menus contains content references, if you are going to add more content, it will be inconvenient to browse.

Do you maybe have a better solution?

iliya428 wrote:
4. When I'm going to look at a picture, properties box text is out of borders

O.K., will try to fix it!
iliya428 wrote:
5. Search doesn't work. You have a page named Angelina Jolie, and search by "jolie" returns no result.

There is special search for images.

iliya428 wrote:
And finally, you must remove YouTube content according to:
http://www.google.com/support/youtube/b ... opic=10551

Also it looks like you have no permission to publish the most of photos.

Your site may be removed from adsence for copyright violation.

It says:
Quote:
We will, however, enforce our Terms of Service against, say, a website that does nothing more than aggregate a bunch of embedded YouTube videos and intentionally tries to generate ad revenue from them.

but I have a lot of sections that aren't using youtube videos. Like Jokes, Images gallery, news... It's not clear how much is ok to have.
Anyway, if they think I braking that rule will they first alert me to remove videos or are they gonna just ban me?
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

No I'm sorry, it looks like a spam portal to me ... What is it about anyway, it makes no sense to me, what is the purpose of your site?

There is no header image, just a green block ... ? And there is also no description anywhere to tell me what the site does or what it's about ...

A thing that really bothers me is spelling like this: "Hello, guest, pleese login|register" ... please fix it ... just for me ...

The W3C validator found 12 errors in your coding, you can click here to see them now ... Please note that these are only on the home page ...

Please also disable the page that a user is on, for example I f I am on the "home" page, disable the "home" link and make it another colour (rollover state) so that the user knows where he\she is and doesn't redirect to the same page he\she is on ...

iliya428 wrote:

I concur ...
  • goranbaxy
  • goranbaxy

Post 3+ Months Ago

righteous_trespasser wrote:
There is no header image, just a green block ... ? And there is also no description anywhere to tell me what the site does or what it's about ...

a green block is just a place holder until banner doesn't come.
I should put description on the to of the site, you're right!

A thing that really bothers me is spelling like this: "Hello, guest, pleese login|register" ... please fix it ... just for me ...

O.K., my primary language is not English, so now I'm trying to fix spelling problems, can you tell me, beside 'pleese' is there any other spelling problems?

The W3C validator found 12 errors in your coding, you can click here to see them now ... Please note that these are only on the home page ...

That's what I'll do last, when I finish a everything else.
Please also disable the page that a user is on, for example I f I am on the "home" page, disable the "home" link and make it another colour (rollover state) so that the user knows where he\she is and doesn't redirect to the same page he\she is on ...

I just might do that.

@righteous_trespasser: thanks for the review!
@to all: can some one tell me what is the primary language for you, outside the Croatia?
Thanks.
  • iliya428
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Anyway, if they think I braking that rule will they first alert me to remove videos or are they gonna just ban me?

I don't know exactly how Google does this, but I don't think they will try to contact a spam site owner.
  • Sovi3t
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Sovi3t
  • Loc: 127.0.0.1

Post 3+ Months Ago

Some parts look nice, but other parts look cluttered. It doesn't really have a "smooth flow", rather, my eyes dart around the page looking for content. For how "smooth" your design is, the menu is too big, blocky, and plain.

Why are headline font sizes smaller than the sizes for votes? It should be the title that sticks out, not the number of votes it has.
  • goranbaxy
  • goranbaxy

Post 3+ Months Ago

You're right Sovi3t, I have change the sizes, thanks!
  • Sovi3t
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Sovi3t
  • Loc: 127.0.0.1

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice, it's already looking better!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers